Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Birth of a Fellowship

duidamasterXD

It began with the forging of the Great Permissions Sets.

Four were given to the Admins; immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings.

Nine stylish purple ones to the Moderators, great refiners of the posts and topics that made up their mountainous forum sections.

And eleven, eleven pink rings were gifted to the Race of Staff, who above all else desire power ensuring a pleasant user experience :).

We’ve worn out every possible Star Wars reference in these things, so I'm trying something new ;). As you may have read in a previous announcement, a new form of moderator is being tested out here. Beyond Equestria already has two dedicated staffers, but what of the other sections :( ? Who will look after the cartoon horses :blink: ?

Look no further, for Shimmering and PathfinderCS have been given pink rings, and are tasked with keeping the MLP: FiM section organized and clean. I expect great things, and am sure they’ll have transformed into bloodthirsty wraiths eager to carry out my bidding before you know it :umad:. In all seriousness, both of them have demonstrated a great deal of maturity, as well as commitment to making this site a better place. Give em a hand :)

And trading in his pink ring for a purple one, Jeric will be joining the moderation staff to assist in casting numerous reports into the fires of Mount Doom. He too has more than proven his commitment around here, tackling every responsibility thrown his way with admirable enthusiasm and pluck, going above and beyond what his duties have asked of him in the past. We’re very pleased to have him on board, and thanks in advance, Jeric :squee:. He'll be our new head of the MLPF (aka Q&A) section. Please try not to break him.

• Brohoof 22

Awesome! Congratulations! But what's Jeric's section?

I've just been made aware that he'll be the head of the MLPF (previously known as Q&A) section. Thanks, and added that to my post :blush:

• Brohoof 10

Congratulations Jeric! If anyone deserves it, he does. He's a hard-worker, diligent, and overall a great guy. It's become quiet the pleasure knowing him from the newsletter, and I know he will honor the title of moderator.

Also, I welcome both Pathfinder and Shimmering to the team. Pathfinder's a fantastic dude, and he'll do great. Shimmering, although I've barely met you today, I've seen from your posts that you are a compassion person and that'll take you far when working on the forums. :)

• Brohoof 9

For a moment there I was under the impression someone went on a rampage posting Lord of the Rings around Canterlot Castle. And I see that I wasn't wrong in the slightest!  

Congrats to Shimmering and Pathfinder becoming staff. I hope you guys are able to make a great team to the MLP forums.

And Jeric, nicely done attaining Modhood! You deserve it, and I hope you continue to be a great service to us! Your Q&A skills know no match either, i've never seen such swift solutions in all my days!   :yay:

I just know you guys are going to be a great addition!

Edited by Count Crimson
  • Brohoof 8

Thanks for the kind words everypony. :) My congratulations to Jeric, couldn't have happened to a better guy! Congratulations also to my fellow Staff ring holder, Pathfinder. :)

Pathfinder and I will wear our rings responsibly of course..

post-26968-0-37402000-1415612095.jpg 

Thank you all for the kinds words. It is greatly appreciated. :)

It will be a great honor to serve these boards and the community that participates on them. Ever since I joined in May of this year I have found this place to be among the most friendly I have seen in my experience with forums and message boards. For a while I wanted to give back to this community, and I am deeply honored by the trust that the admins, mods, and staff have shown in me to allow me to do as such.

I will do my utmost as a member of the sectional staff to make sure everything is clean and organized as it should be.

Of course, my congratulations to Shimmering, whom I haven't spoken with much, but who has shown dedication and maturity, as well as to my good friend Jeric on his promotion. His qualities speak for themselves.

Thank you, once again. :)

• Brohoof 9

Congratulations! It's always a pleasure to see new members of the MLP Forums staff. It's also wonderful to see Jeric go from a member of the MLP Forums staff to a moderator. I hope all of your contributions on the forums leave a positive impact. ;)

• Brohoof 8

I've seen Shimmering and PathfinderCS both on-site for some time as well as more recently in various staff chats, and I already know that they are both going to be wonderful additions to the staff team. I have great confidence in their ability to aid in the maintenance and moderation of this forum.

Jeric is a great friend of mine, and he has been there for me on numerous occasions when I've been dealing with assorted difficulties in my life. Combining what I've seen of him on a personal level in such situations among other conversations and the tremendous work I see him do on MLP Forums on a daily basis, I'm very happy to see him join the moderation team and lead the MLPF section. There is no doubt in my mind that he will do an excellent job.

Congratulations to the three of you!

• Brohoof 8

Congratulations all 3 of you!  Smile_honoring.gif Star Trek, Star Wars, and now Lord of the Rings, I do look forward to the next announcement's theme. Smile-tongue.gif

• Brohoof 7

Awesome! Congratulations! But what's Jeric's section?

Heh, funny story about that one ... a guy falls asleep all sorts of shenanigans ensue   ;)

(the artist formerly known as Undecided) and @PathfinderCS are two people I consider friends, and it is beyond amazing that they have accepted the responsibility as FiM Staff. I have gotten to know both of them through our posts and from our interactions on skype. I have no doubt that they will be amazing in their new roles. 

Me? I may be a massive fan of a certain dress making Pony, but I turn into Flutters and want to run and hide when presented with praise. Especially when I see what others have said. That said, I sincerely and genuinely appreciate the kind words everyone. I hope to do you all proud. 

• Brohoof 8

Congratulations all 3 of you!  img-3245914-1-Smile_honoring.gif Star Trek, Star Wars, and now Lord of the Rings, I do look forward to the next announcement's theme. img-3245914-2-Smile-tongue.gif

Feld0 Potter and the Order of the Moderators

OR SOMETHING

• Brohoof 7

I never had the chance to talk with Pathfinder,but I stumbled a few times with Shimmering(formerly known as Undecided),and he has what it takes to be part of the staff.

And about Jeric,I personally saw since the first day that he would become a moderator,because he's a really hard working person who tries to help everyone,but I wpuld've never expected to be the lead of MLPF Section,and that's always a good new.

Welcome to the three new staff!

Congratulations all 3 of you! img-3245914-1-Smile_honoring.gif Star Trek, Star Wars, and now Lord of the Rings, I do look forward to the next announcement's theme. img-3245914-2-Smile-tongue.gif

I said it multiple times...

AVENGERS,FOR FELD0'S SAKE

• Brohoof 6

(the artist formerly known as Undecided) and @PathfinderCS are two people I consider friends, and it is beyond amazing that they have accepted the responsibility as FiM Staff. I have gotten to know both of them through our posts and from our interactions on skype. I have no doubt that they will be amazing in their new roles. 

Me? I may be a massive fan of a certain dress making Pony, but I turn into Flutters and want to run and hide when presented with praise. Especially when I see what others have said. That said, I sincerely and genuinely appreciate the kind words everyone. I hope to do you all proud. 

I want that as my username/member title  :lol: And thank you my friend, the feeling is mutual :) I'm delighted to see so much praise on your behalf, thoroughly deserved!

Thanks again everypony! I sure hope to be a worthwhile addition to this wonderful team and repay the faith that the board has put in me. 

IT'S THE FELLOWSHIP OF MLP FORUMS!

Shimmering + PathfinderMS: I will take the ring to The Debate Pit!

Aquila: I pray to Celestia i'll protect you. You have my sword.

SCS: And my bow.

Dashforever: AND MY AXE!

somebody kill me for that awful joke

• Brohoof 8

It began with the forging of the Great Permissions Sets.

Four were given to the Admins; immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings.

Nine stylish purple ones to the Moderators, great refiners of the posts and topics that made up their mountainous forum sections.

And eleven, eleven pink rings were gifted to the Race of Staff, who above all else desire power ensuring a pleasant user experience :).

And then there's us weird fellows on the Poniverse PR Team.  We didn't get any rings, no, we got donuts!  :proud:

647533__safe_solo_discord_chair_donut_ar

Except for me, I got a muffin, per my request.  Though admittedly the donuts were a tempting alternative.  :derp:

749853__safe_solo_animated_derpy+hooves_

What either of these have to do with signifying our power, I have no idea!  But I'll never turn down free donuts or muffins, so I'm not complaining.  AND IT'S MORE THAN THE 0 DONUTS AND MUFFINS THAT REGULAR MEMBERS HAVE GOTTEN FROM THE FORUMS, MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!  :mustache:   TREMBLE AT THE MIGHT OF OUR... :huh: um... SLIGHTLY INCREASED SUGAR INTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!  B)

So yeah, we totally have as much authority as the other admins and mods.  We're the silent ninjas of the staff... NINJAS WITH MUFFINS AND DONUTS!!!!  :toldya:

What was this thread about?  Oh, right, new staff.  A big congratulations to Shimmering and PathfinderCS on joining our staff, and big congrats to Jeric on the promotion!  I'm sure you'll all do splendidly in your new roles!  :muffins:

Just don't ask for any of our donuts... or muffins.  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 6

*pretends to not have a chip on her shoulder about still being classified as a regular member even though she's part of staff GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

Edited by Erika the Otter
  • Brohoof 6

*pretends to not have a chip on her shoulder about still being classified as a regular member even though she's part of staff GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

Rare Otter sighting.  :wacko:

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Back in HS, LOTR very nearly made me flunk out of 9th grade.  The school library got a copy, I checked it out towards the end of the year.  They wouldn't let you take your finals until you returned all library books & paid the fines.  I was damned if I was going to return it until I was done.  Then, I had a very small allowance & had trouble raising the cash for the fine. (1st law of childhood.  However bad it is, it's worse when your parents find out)  Used my lunch ticket money & starved to death for a week.

I must have read it 25-30 times through the 70s & 80s. Very nearly memorized it.  But, it has been 25+ years since I read it.  That's the Hell of getting old, you do less & less for the 1st time + more & more for the last time