Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Death threats

SilverLine

I read somewhere online that Evangelion fans made death threats to the show's producers sometime ago. I can't help but fell concerned that some bronies might do the same thing one day if something were to happen in MLP that makes them really mad. I was a little mad that they made Twilight Sparkle an alicorn, and I'm still trying to adjust to it; but I wouldn't resort to threatening to hurt someone over a cartoon show. I'm not accusing anyone of making death threats or anything, I'm just feeling concerned about the welfare of the MLP fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is depressingly common.

Some fans feel entitled to a say in how their fan thing is run. These individuals throw tantrums when things don't go there way, and death threats is a part of that. I'm seen death threats from small minorities in just about every fandom I've been a part of. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that MLP's staff has been threatened, especially after the whole Twilicorn thing.

Reveiving death threats over the internet and in real life is not something to be taken lightly.

I hope that these were reported.

Although I enjoy a good speculative conversation, this particular topic, though not intended to be malicious, toes the line of what is acceptable. Death threats are very serious, and I'd rather we not entertain hearsay and "what ifs." As such, I am locking this thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

• Brohoof 3