Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does NSFW apply to sugestive artwork or fanfics?

MidnaShadows
Go to solution Solved by Nohbdy,

For artwork i know NSFW means no r34 or similar but would sugestive or romantic themed still be allowed?, wher do you draw the line because it varies from place to place.

Similar question for the fanfiction, i know clop related material isn't allowed but where do you draw the line their?, is it at kissing and anything after or describing NSFW scenes or not putting spoilers in for the NSFW scenes?

I'm asking so i don't break the rules with something that i think is ok where others think its NSFW

• Brohoof 2

To put it simply NSFW applies to all media, images, videos, text, and music. It is also not limited to items of a sexual nature

For instance, posting certain fanfics and YouTube videos here would be the same as posting an R34 image.

• Brohoof 4

To put it simply NSFW applies to all media, images, videos, text, and music. It is also not limited to items of a sexual nature

For instance, posting certain fanfics and YouTube videos here would be the same as posting an R34 image.

i got a few fanfics but its got relatively suggestive material in it, though it doesn't get to the r34 stage

also was thinking of making a video but some of them they swear once or twice to rhyme with the lyrics, wondering if thats allowed 

i got a few fanfics but its got relatively suggestive material in it, though it doesn't get to the r34 stage

also was thinking of making a video but some of them they swear once or twice to rhyme with the lyrics, wondering if thats allowed

MLP Forums has an FAQ article that may be helpful to you:

A common question that members ask is, what does the NSFW rule cover? Since we can't list everything that might be considered inappropriate, here's a short rundown of what's allowed in the context of NSFW:

Material that may be considered appropriate include the following: swimsuits, sexualized but non-explicit depictions of body parts, bloody but non-gory violence, and casual mentions of clopping and fetishes (but not discussion). In other words, we allow sexy, but not saucy; suggestive, but not explicit; bloody, but not gory.

There will be exceptions, and, as always, the staff have the final say regarding these matters.

As a general rule of thumb, avoid posting content that may be considered shocking, disturbing, explicit, or illegal. We do have younger members, so please keep them in mind.

If you're at all uncertain if something would qualify as being NSFW, open a ticket and let a staff member make the call. Posting anything close to the line without consulting staff is done at your own risk.

Hope that helps. If not, be sure to keep asking!

• Brohoof 2