Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Burning Passion (1x1 between Dusk Shade and Dire Miralis)

Acnologia

Dawn let the flames dies out and stopped spinning to end the fire tornado. "Fair enough, i guess. Plus, i fly with a lot more grace than you do so I think that more than makes up for my slower flight", she said with a satisfied smile as she followed him up above the cloud cover.

Orion nodded as he glided above the clouds. "That is true." He said. "Then again, you aren't really that slow." The drawing then smiled as he felt a breeze pass over his scales and and closed his yeas, gliding on the wind currents. "I usually prefer to fly at night. It helps to clear the mind and you and the stars are beautiful."

Dawn sighed in contentment and glided over to him. " Yeah. The stars are rather beautiful, aren't they.....and yeah....night flying does clear the mind", she said after convincing herself to ignore the part about her. She really had actually started to think that she had imagined it but wasn't sure.

Orion smiled slightly and glanced at Dawn. "So, what do you want to do now?" He asked. "Do you want to head back to your cave or just keep flying?" The dragon didn't want to be to tired for whatever he and Dawn would do tomorrow, but he wouldn't stop without wanting her opinion on the matter.

"You can keep flying if you want to. Its your choice. But, as for me, I have begun feeling a bit tired so I'm going to go home and get some sleep, good night", she said as she let herself fall slowly from the sky down into her cave and walked over to her pond to go to sleep.

Orion sighed as he continued to fly and decided to simply head back to Dawn's cave. Before he did, however, he caught two deer and figured that Dawn might like some breakfast in bed. When he arrived at her cave, he put the deer by the edge of the lake and curled into a ball on the ground before going to sleep.

Dawn rested her head o the pod's surface, unaware of the deer Orion had caught, and was soon giving off her small steady purring sore. As she slept she flipped herself out of the pond almost completely but just barely manged to sleep through it peacefully. In the morning, a soft breeze tickle her whiskers but she kept her eyes shut..

Edited by Dusk Shade

Orion sighed as he woke up and glanced at Dawn. "I might as well let her sleep in." He thought to himself as he flew out of the cave, not noticing that she was partially out of the water. The dragon figured that he might as well try to find a cave to call his own and see what he could find to eat.

Dawn eventually woke up and saw the, assuming that they had left for her since he had not eaten them. She went and poked her head up out of her cave to see if he was around to thank him. She eventually however decided to just wait for him to come back to do so.

Orion landed in front of a cave that was located in the rock behind a waterfall and entered. The fact that he could fit with room to spare satisfied him and the dragon also noticed that it seemed to go deeper into the mountain. "I might as well keep this spot in mind. I should check up on Dawn, though." He thought to himself. With that, the dragon flew out and headed back to the dragoness's cave.

Dawn fly up as he approached, happy to see that he was back. *Wait. Why am I so happy that he's back*, she thought to herself. "Hey, Orion. Um... Where those deer for me? If not, I'll go get you some to make up for it. I kind of ate them... Thinking you had left then in purpose".

Orion nodded slightly and smiled. "Don't worry about it. they were for you." He said, happy that she seemed to like the breakfast. He felt happy to see her like this and figured that it would be a good idea not to tell her about his discovery of a new home unless she asked.

She smiled, happy that the deer had been for her. "OK. Then Tolland you for the deer, they were delicious", she said. "So, Um... How is your search going.... Just.. Wondering", she said as her cheeks tinted slightly as she started to wonder about actually making him leave or not.

Orion nodded slightly and noticed the slight tint to Dawn's cheeks but didn't say anything. "No problem. I figured that you might like some breakfast in bed." He said. "As for my new cave, I have a location in mind, but I haven't really decided yet." The truth was that Orion enjoyed spending time with the dragoness in front of him.

"Thanks", she said with a smile that faded away when he said he might have a location for his new home. "Oh. Um..that's great", she said a little upset that he might be leaving. She had grown to enjoy his company and almost didn't want him to move to a new cave and leave her.

Orion noticed that Dawn had grown sad and knew what had happened. "Hey. Just because I have a possible home doesn't mean that we won't see each other." He said, smiling comfortingly. "Besides, I enjoy spending time with you and wouldn't give it up for anything."

Edited by Dire Miralis

Dawn smiled back at him and let a small amount of flames escape her maw. "I would not give it up either. I really like hanging out with you too....and even if you decide to move to that location you found, you could always hang out here and spend the night, its kind of nice having you hang around".

Orion blushed slightly and was a bit nervous and happy at the same time, among other feelings rushing through his body. "Same with you." He said, laughing a bit. "And thanks. I'll be sure to take you up on that offer." It looked like things were going well and Orion wished that they could have more moments like this.

Dawn went back into her cave to grab a few gems to snack on just the gemmy goodness of them. She wasn't sure if he had eaten the ones she had given him before so she tossed him a few just in case. "Enjoy", she said a little surprised that was sad he would be leaving soon.

Orion nodded slightly and consumed the gems. He didn't really eat gems that much unless food was scarce, but it would be rude not to. "Thanks." He said, enjoying the taste. He then laid at the entrance of the cave and raised his wing, giving space for Dawn to lay next to him if she wished.

Dawn saw Orion laying there with his wing outstretched and walked over to lay beside him, her scales brushing against his as she laid down next to him. She wasn't entirely sure as to why she had done it, but she had and it felt natural to be laying next to him, it just felt..right.

To be honest, Orion wasn't expecting Dawn to lay next to him, but he wasn't complaining. To him, this felt right and he felt happy for the first time in years. Despite this, he didn't want to say anything for fear of ruining the moment. He just wanted to lay there with Dawn under his wing and close to him.

Dawn was quite comfortable laying beside him and before she could stop herself, she nuzzled Orion's neck lightly and rested her head on her feet. "This is kinda nice and comfy like, I'm glad I met you. You could step a few more days if you like", she offered sheepishly.

Edited by Dusk Shade

Orion was stunned that Dawn had nuzzled him, but was quick to return the affection before he could think. "I'm glad I met you too, and I would love to stay with you a bit longer." He said, not wanting to push his luck to much. He did have a trace of happiness in his voice as he spoke and didn't mind if Dawn noticed.

Dawn wrapped her tail around his and nestled herself against him. She was now convinced that she had no intention of making Orion leave her cave. "So what would you like to do today", she asked quietly hoping he had something in mind to do, since she was kind of bored.