Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Burning Passion (1x1 between Dusk Shade and Dire Miralis)

Acnologia

Orion nodded slightly and knew he couldn't exactly retailiate. "I think I'll just fly around a bit." He said, giving a devilish smirk. The dragon then noticed that they were above a large lake and flew straight up as fast as he could. "You may want to hold on."

Dawn saw the lake below them and smiled slightly, a little nervous about what he might have in mind. "Oh no....", she groaned nervously as he started shooting up into the sky. As he ascended, she wound her self around him more tightly as he instructed, dreading his plan.

When Orion got high enough, he laughed a bit before stalling, falling back to the ground as gravity took over. He enjoyed the feeling of wind rush by his scales and knew that he wouldn't hit the water with Dawn on him. He might as well give her a bit of excitement, though.

Dawn freaked when he started rushing towards the surface of the lake and she pulled herself away from him, not wanting to smash into the water, not sure if he would actually do it with her around him, though she fairly certain that he wouldn't, she wasn't taking the chance.

Orion noticed that Dawn had slipped off of him and opened his wings mid air, stopping his descent. "Sorry about that. I didn't mean to scare you." He said, slightly nervous. He hoped that she wasn't mad at him for trying that stunt. The dragon knew that he could've stopped at any time if she was worried.

Dawn just floated in the air next to him with a slightly embarrassed face. She couldn't believe she actually thought he might smash into the lake with her wrapped around him, she should have known better than to assume he would do that to her, but she was just a little but nervous as she rewound herself around Orion.

Orion smiled slightly and kissed Dawn on the forehead. "Now then... Where were we?" He asked with a slight smirk. The dragon then dove straight down and leveled off on the surface of the water, but continued to fly forward. The water behind him seemed to curve around the two due to Orion's speed and seemed to shimmer in the air.

Dawn wound herself around him more tightly as he dove toward the lake, shutting both of her eyes right so if he screwed up and hit the water she wouldn't see it coming. As he leveled out, however, she opened her eyes and smiled, genuinely enjoying herself now that she was sure he wouldn't smash her into the lake.

Orion noticed that Dawn was happy and felt a warmth grow within him. He liked making her happy and to him, the sensation was like a drug in the sense that he always needed it and would do anything to make her happy. Eventually, the dragon was tired from the flight and landed on the shore of the lake. "I hope you enjoyed the show." He said with a smirk.

Dawn uncoiled herself from Orion after he had landed ashore and licked his ear delicately. "Yeah, I enjoyed our little show, thanks...made my whole day", the dragoness assured him and flashed him a happy and satisfied smile. "We'll have to do this again sometime".

Orion nodded and blushed as Dawn licked his ear, but was a bit nervous as a question popped into his head. The dragon pushed it to the back of him mind before turning his attention back to Dawn. " I agree." He said, smiling slightly and laying on the warm grass.

(I think I'll have Orion pop the question soon, depending on how the next few posts go.)

Dawn smiled back at him and winded her tail around him as they lay in the shore of the lake, the dragoness lightly biting down in the ear she had previously been licking and nuzzled the dragon's neck affectionately. "Did you plan to come to this lake, or was it just something you thought of on the fly", she asked, curious if he had planned this.

Orion returned the affection and thought for a second. "To be honest, it was a little bit of both." He said. "I did plan on flying today, but what happened in the air was all at a moments notice." The dragon had brought Dawn here to ask her a question that could decide their relationship, but was honestly nervous. If he did this wrong, it would end in embarrassment for him.

Dawn smiled and laid out next to Orion with her tail still wrapped, though she could sense that something was troubling the dragon. She debating whether or not to mention it, considering the fact that it could be something he didn't want to talk about, though she ultimately decided to ask. "Something wrong... You seem a little trnse", she said quietly.

Orion glanced at Dawn and nodded slightly. "Yeah. I was just...thinking about us." He said, blushing slightly. "I mean we've known each other for almost a year now." The dragon knew that he was taking a chance, but he saw no possible way that he could avoid this.

Dawn sat up and looked at him u winding her tail from him. "Right. We have known each other a while. Is that what'd bothering you", she asked, slightly hurt. "Is knowing me or being me your problem", she fuished, looking him dead in the eyes, with a hurt look in hers.

Edited by Cerebrony

(edited)

Orion shook his head. "No. That's not it at all." He said, trying to comfort Dawn. "You're smart,funny, kind, and beautiful, and there is nothing wrong with that." The dragon then nuzzled Dawn and gave a low purr. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would love to have the honor of being your mate." The dragon didn't move, fearing that doing so would make the dragoness beside him angry, sad, or both.

Edited by Dire Miralis

Dawn looked at Orion and hung her head. "You want to... Be my.... Mate....", she asked cautiously. "Personally, that not much of an honor, I'm nothing special. But... I think I'd like that, if you really this, that is", the dragoness assured him and lightly bit his ear and once again wound around him.

Orion smiled slightly and nodded as he felt Dawn wrap around him. "I do." He said.The dragon knew that he wanted to spend his life with Dawn and would do anything to make her happy. She was everything he could ever ask for and more, and he wasn't going to let anything happen to her.

Dawn smiled at Orion and nuzzled his neck, purring quietly. She wanted this more than anything but found it a bit hard to believe he actually had asked to be her mate. It was something she had hoped he would ask and now he finally had and she couldn't get herself to stop smiling.

Orion blushed slightly and placed a wing over Dawn. He felt like his entire body was numb from Dawn's touch and he loved the feeling. The dragon then nuzzled Dawn and felt his body relax. "I love you." He whispered. To be honest, the dragon didn't want this moment to end.