Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vaping thread!

Suitaloo

I have a Haus, it's good to me, but I would not recommend it because it likes to leak now and then. Take my advice: if you are going to start you should do so with an expensive quality vaporizer or just use the Mark Tens. Sadly cheap vaporizers tend to show their quality very quickly.

I was at Thornton's last night getting gas for my truck, and at the counter I saw a banner by the smokes that said Mark Ten.  I instantly remembered how you had mentioned it here, and decided that I'd give one a try.  I got the starter kit that comes with one menthol Mark Ten E-cig (2.5%) and a charger - only cost 10 bucks.

First of all, I'd like to thank you, Key Sharkz, for suggesting that I try the Mark Ten.  :) 

Here's my review and compare/contrast of the Mark Ten, to my other two favorites...

Mark Ten versus Blu versus Vuse:

The first thing to note about these three brands is that they all have a much higher build quality than any other [disposable/rechargeable disposable] electronic-cigarette I've ever tried up to this point.  Anywho...

Quality of puff/drag:

Blu: Moderate, consistent, and neither too harsh nor too weak; medium vapor amount.

Vuse: Slightly harsh, but not overbearing, consistent; large vapor amount.

Mark Ten: Modest, but not weak, consistent; medium vapor amount.

Flavor:

Blu: The menthol is definitely menthol.  Slightly sweet, but not too minty, and modestly pleasing.

Blu: The cherry... well, in my opinion, isn't good.  I don't like it.

Vuse: The menthol is moderately harsh, but not overbearing.  Quite pleasing for me - but could be less pleasing for others looking for a sweeter, less harsh flavor.

Vuse: The cream is more harsh than the menthol.  For people who aren't used to harsh drags, the menthol would be more suited for them.  The cream is sort of like vanilla.  Personally, I like it, but I must take shorter drags so I don't cough from the harshness.

Mark Ten: The menthol is very sweet - very minty.  I don't mind that, but I wouldn't want to use it too much, as it almost too sweet.  It isn't harsh at all, though, which is a positive.

Only having the menthol Mark Ten, I can't comment on other flavors of it.

Battery Life:

Blu: I did not get the rechargeable kind - just the one-time disposable.  It was the first brand I tried, and when it was the only one I had at the time, it did honestly last me quite a long time.  I'd say it lasted me an average of 2 or 3 days.

Vuse: Having the rechargeable kind, I naively didn't use it to the point where the battery actually needed charged - I just used it for a day or 2, then put it on the charger for the sake of not wanting to end up with a dead battery.  The charger doesn't take long at all to fully charge the battery, but I would presume it would have taken longer since I probably put it on the charger when it had 50% battery left anyway.

Mark Ten: I cannot yet comment on the battery life of the Mark Ten, as I've only had it for a day.  But it hasn't needed charging yet, so I presume it should last about the same as the other two brands.

---

One further note:

Due to the higher nicotine content of Vuse - 4.8% - I don't recommend vaping with it a lot through the day.  It only takes a few drags every now and again for satisfaction.  

The Mark Ten and the Blu both have a more average nicotine level - 2.4% - so it would be alright to vape with them throughout the day a little bit more than you would with the Vuse.

---

All in all, when it comes to disposable (and rechargeable disposable) e-cigs, I would definitely recommend using one of these three brands.  The other brands of disposables, subjectively speaking, seem quite sub-par to Blu, Vuse, and Mark Ten.  

I understand that some more experienced vapors here prefer more expensive, non-disposable kinds of e-cigs, but for people like myself, I would prefer not to have to mess with refilling the liquids, because if done improperly, one could spill the liquid and possibly get it onto his/her skin.  That would not be good!  I find it much safer to go the route of pre-filled cartridges so that I don't have to mess with the refilling of the liquids myself.

~ Miles

First of all, I'd like to thank you, Key Sharkz, for suggesting that I try the Mark Ten.   

Mark Tens were DEFINITELY not my favorites, but they got the job done for cheap. Limited flavors and varieties, but for $10 for the startup kit, you can't really complain.

I'm considering vaping because gamers have poor lung function and it'd get me to stretch my lungs out a bit, but mom would kill me.

And I doubt its that harmful I mean its like mostly water or something? Then the sweetener and flavor. Well Nicotine too but they say that actually treats adhd which I have.

But idk mom smoked grass a few times in the house if she gets on me it wouldn't be fair right. Idk she might be more reasonable than think.

Should prolly go Nicotine free if I do though.

Edited by Lil Pip

I know vaping isn't flawless, but I figure inhaling dust from being indoors all the time probably has worse effects, and with vaping at least increase my lung capacity(and entertain me with flavors). But idk how much people measured the carcinogenic activity of dust. http://www.researchgate.net/publication/5410162_Mutagenic_and_Carcinogenic_Hazards_of_Settled_House_Dust_I_Polycyclic_Aromatic_Hydrocarbon_Content_and_Excess_Lifetime_Cancer_Risk_from_Preschool_Exposure

Edited by Lil Pip

Mark Tens were DEFINITELY not my favorites, but they got the job done for cheap. Limited flavors and varieties, but for $10 for the startup kit, you can't really complain.

Oh, they aren't my overall favorites either.

*As a user of only the disposable and rechargeable-disposable types only, and not the expensive kinds*

Blu and Vuse are my top two favorites, though I do believe I'd put the Mark Tens in third place.

I know you'd probably rather stick to your Haus or other expensive kinds, but, you should give either a Blu or a Vuse a try, as I do believe they are better than the Mark Tens.  Though as I previously said before, Vuse's give much harsher throat hits, and Blu's are more moderate.  

I decided to look to see what other flavors of cartridges there were for Vuse when I was buying myself a Snapple "Sorta Sweet" Tea at a gas station recently.  

I saw Berry, and thought "ehhhh maybe another time."  But there was this other kind called Chai - I asked the guy behind the counter if he knew what it was.  He said he thought it was like a slightly spicy, white/green tea or something, and I said "alright, I have one of'em."  And he gave me the funniest look!  Lmao, I know why, I mean, I'll be the first to tell you I don't mind being judged by my looks at all.  I'm a country boy.  I was wearing a CAT cap, a Fox (racing) t-shirt and zipper hoody, and some green sweats with "Army" printed on the left side (which my older cousin gave me; he is a soldier).  And there I was asking to buy "Chai" flavored cartridges, haha, so I totally understand why he gave me the "Really!?" kind of look on his face.  I just chuckled and said "Yeah, why not."

So how are they?  Well this may sound odd... But, the smell is better than the taste.  By that, I mean, I like it more when exhaling the vapor through my nose rather than out my mouth - which is the opposite of what I like to do with Cream and Menthol.  It's not bad.  I can't say that I prefer it, but I can't say that I dislike it, either.  It [Chai] doesn't hit as harshly as the Cream (which is like a vanilla-ish flavor, but I like that flavor), and it doesn't feel as "chill" as Menthol (which I like the Menthol's chilly-ness)...  So, I'd say Chai is more of a flavor for those who like the taste and/or smell of a spicy white/green tea.  

I prefer to drink my tea, not vape it  :lol: but I don't dislike it, and won't waste the cartridges.  I just probably won't buy this flavor again.

~ Miles

I saw Berry, and thought "ehhhh maybe another time." 

I bought the berry refrill cartridges tonight.

My thoughts so far:

Berry is the easiest to drag on of the flavors I have tried thus far.  That is, it is the least "throat hitting" or the least harsh.  It also has a really darn good flavor.  

E-cigs are not to be dragged on like real smokes anyway.  Especially not a Vuse.  I mean, the nicotine content after just three or four drags on a Vuse is pretty much equal to one cigarette, or one dip.

So, taking that in mind, that's why I haven't bought any refill cartridges for my Vuse (since my last post) until now.  My Vuse cartridges last a really long time for me.  And my Vuse battery only needs a recharge about once every three days.  

I've really cut down on the amount I chew by using this Vuse.  My goal is to make one can last a full week.  Then, make one can last a full two weeks.

Once I can get to that point... I'm gonna quit the can.  Totally.  Or, at least, do my fucking best to attempt that.

I swear, it's really amazing that I have been able to reduce my intake of real tobacco by like 65% just by using this e-cig.  And as I just said, I'm not stopping here.  I'm gonna keep on until I'm done with tobacco for good.

Then all I'll need is an e-cig.  And from there, I'll attempt to take less drags on an e-cig each next day.  Until I get to the point where I don't even feel like there's an urge.

That's a ways away of course, but... I am determined.  

~ Miles

I wonder if Master Splinter knows that his sons are vaping?

sig-4141397.o2y14TP.png

This image is AMAZING.

I started vaping 1.5mos ago.  Smoked cigs for 10 years...moved to vaping with low nicotene...then vape with no nicotene... and now I hardly vape.  (yay breaking habits...)  Mainly I vape so that when my friends smoke I still have something to do and I don't miss smoking so much; that's always the hardest part, quitting alone.

Anyways, my favorite flavor so far has been cereal milk by Kilo!  Tastes like soggy fruit loops....and I mean that in a good way.  lol!

Edited by Allons-y
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I think the concept of vaping is interesting but I'm not about to start doing it myself.

That's a great way to look at it actually. It's all down to personal preference. They have e juice without nicotine. I would say if you have a addictive personality stay away. For me it helps with anxiety.

I tried vaping back when it was starting to catch on because I kind of like the smell of some cigarettes without wanting to actually smoke a real one. With vaping I could satisfy my curiosity without doing the damage a real cigarette could do (and in my case, I vaped the zero nicotine kind). 

I eventually lost interest in it, but recently I heard about Eagle Energy Sticks, which is an energy vape. It beats drinking energy drinks that can make me queasy before a workout, and the caffeine goes straight to the bloodstream. The effect is amazing! So I guess I have a renewed interest in vaping once again. :grin:  

Edited by Dreambiscuit

• 6 months later...

I never do, never did. I really don't enjoy pulling smoke or whatever that is inside my lungs, not my thing.