Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you found out one of your parents is a brony

ponylaces

Wow, that's really cool! It would be cool if he became one :D

Very much so, he's in his 60's, and he's got a very youthful spirit.

He's a strong man, yet compassionate, intelligent, and kind...

It's easily the perfect show for him. I got him into Doctor Who as well, so the Dr. Whooves thing

really threw him for a loop, and he was like..."wow! That's pretty neat!" 

• Brohoof 2

My mom is already a pegasister, so been there done that.  After watching seasons 1-3 by myself, I marathoned through them again with her.  (We're eagerly awaiting the dvds of season 4.)  She loves it.  She's not 24-7 obsessed like me, but she definitely loves it.  It tickles me to death when we pass a pony toy display in some store, and she points out the Applejacks, and says, "You believe this?!  No hat!  What a bunch of crap.  Why do they always make Applejack toys with no hat?  It's a travesty."

My dad is, of course, completely fine with our bronydom.  He's always supported that kind of thing.  I have kind of funny thought, though, regarding my dad and mlp.  Now, keep in mind, he's the greatest dad in the world, and would never think badly of us or discourage us from enjoying the show, or anything like that.  But I know he has zero interest in it, and sometimes I wonder if, when my mom and I are blasting the show on the big screen, he's down the hall in his office going, "Oh, god, here we go again."  I just imagine him sitting at his computer and then suddenly hearing the whole house fill with "MY LITTLE PONY, MY LITTLE PONY, AAAHH AAAAHH AAAHH AAAAHHH!"  Then he just facepalms and thinks, "Aw, geeze, they're at it again." I don't know if he thinks that or not, but I just think that would be funny.

• Brohoof 4

Hmmm.... it would be weird since both my parents are in their 60s... I mean I like both my parents I just can't picture them getting into a fandom. My Mother watched like G1 with my Older sister back in the day, so her reaction to seeing a clip of FiM (via Monk parody PMV) was "That's not My Little Pony!". My Dad is pretty chill about it but it definitely doesn't hold any appeal to him; although he is a Dr. Who fan and finds the Dr. Whooves thing a bit funny. Funny part is, last December is when I became a Brony but we were both aware of the existence of Dr. Whooves via some Dr. Who trivia before a theatre broadcast of the ( 25th I think? ) anniversary special; so I was very close to buying my Father a Dr. Whooves Funko figurines as a joke once :lol: .

• Brohoof 2

If either my mother or father were a brony, I would ramble for hours about anything that's pony related. That doesn't mean that I don't share any interests with my mother and father, however. Heck, my mother tells me all the time that she's just like me when she was my age. The chances of them being bronies is not going to happen, though. :P

Same here. Other than the forums, I have no other place to talk about pony related things. So talking about pony stuff with my mom would be fun :P Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 2

well it seems my mom started to be a brony,because when I watch it she sometimes watches it with me ;)

and she's knows many terms from the the show like (cutie mark,mane 6,elements of harmony) :blink:

Edited by knuckles
  • Brohoof 1

Well, realistically, neither of them would be. My Dad loves Looney Tunes, but that's about it. My Mum was never into cartoons.

BUT if one of them was...I wouldn't really care. I have other more important things to discuss with them xD

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure its highly unlikely for me

I lost contact with my mother over a year ago and by law I cannot be in contact with her but when she found out I liked ponies she thought I was gay and I'm pretty sure she still thinks I am

as for my father he is to obsessed with World of Warcraft to really explore the Internet but he knows about our existence and he doesn't seem the slightest interest in it..... but he did call me from my room once because he wanted to watch Equestria Girls with me but he probably just wanted to bond with me

as for my reaction for either of them I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't really care

I'd tell them about Bronies and why they should not call themselves one, but be happy that maybe they might not think I'm crazy for liking MLP at this age.

If I found out my mum liked MLP, I'd be...really surprised, but happy! :D We already watch quite a lot of shows together, so it'd be awesome to have MLP be another one and we could discuss it together. She's already totally cool with me being so into it, but I really can't imagine her ever wanting to watch it herself :P But I would also probably advise her not to get into the online fandom, for...various reasons >.>;; (what if she ended up reading my fanfic, omg, I would die of embarrassment D: she's not into the internet much though so I don't think she would want to) It would be a bit weird if she started wanting to go to cons and stuff with me, but just watching the show and even buying merch would be perfectly fine.

My dad would be even more of a lolwtf moment, but since he doesn't live with me and I don't see him much, it would at least give us something to talk about during the awkward phone calls :P

Edited by Coco before Pommel
  • Brohoof 1

I would cringe so hard and probably pretend I didn't see or hear that. My parents are chill and don't really care what I do as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, but if they liked MLP it would just be plain embarassing and out of their character. And it would probably make me leave the fandom (trust me, if you knew them you'd probably to the same)

It would no doubt be a surprise. My mom found out about me being in the fandom a few months back and she thought it was weird but she doesn't mind (She said as long as I'm not doing anything weird such as playing with toy ponies or wearing pink leotards since I told her about Pinkie Pie :lol: ). I have high doubts my dad would ever be one. Me, my mom, and my sister all agreed not to tell dad because he would no doubt find this fandom weird and he would give me a hard time about. :unsure:

I would actually be pretty chill about it, but just the thought of it makes it seem weird. Me and my dad talk about Doctor Who together, and those convos are fine. If I were to talk about ponies with my dad, it just wouldn't go well including the fact that everyone my house don't even like it when we talk about Doctor Who. My mom actually watched Rainbow Rocks when it premiered on TV with my little sister without my doing, but I guess that was an "in one ear and out the other" thing.

My dad already is a brony: I borrowed his laptop a few years back and he ended up watching Winter Wrap Up I'd left on there. I remember he emailed and said he watched it and was like "I actually quite liked it"

We both watch a few episodes sometimes, and both went to the cinema with some other bronys he met on the forum he goes to and saw Equastia Girls.

He even had a plush of Luna, although he sold it for space in his office but he still has a little Twilight toy :)

Edited by Scootaloodle
  • Brohoof 1

If my mom was a fan, I wouldn't be very surprised knowing her. I would be surprised if I found out my dad was one since the only animation he really likes nowadays is South Park. I don't think he really cares about MLP or feminine things at all.

I would really look up to this! me and my parents don't really have the same interests :wacko:

but if so I would be more than happy, likely to keep going on about it and all....

sadly though I cannot see this happening...