Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A theory about the movie and Season 5 (shivers)

silvadel

I am kind of concerned about the combination of the late start to season 5 and the announcement of the MLP movie in 2017.

They could easily do Season 5 in two pieces, the first 13 episodes in Spring 2015 ending before summer and the second 13 episodes in Fall 2015 ending at Christmas.

Then you might have no more pony until the movie in 2017, or just a short season 6 in Fall 2016.

They don't generally do TV runs and movies at the same time...  The movies usually happen AFTER the TV series is finished.

I am kind of concerned about the combination of the late start to season 5 and the announcement of the MLP movie in 2017.

They could easily do Season 5 in two pieces, the first 13 episodes in Spring 2015 ending before summer and the second 13 episodes in Fall 2015 ending at Christmas.

Then you might have no more pony until the movie in 2017, or just a short season 6 in Fall 2016.

They don't generally do TV runs and movies at the same time...  The movies usually happen AFTER the TV series is finished.

well, we had 2 already...

I hope it's equine ponies this time, more interesting.

Yes & Saturday Night Live had a movie out in the late 70s (IIRC), not to mention Wayne's World.  However, I do expect that, for financial reasons Hasbro will pull the plug after a short Season 6.  Perhaps there will be a tv series based on G5

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously hope that's not the case. And I'm cautiously optimistic about it too, because there are a few factors for the delay. 

1. The Rainbow Rocks movie

2. The Discovery Family thing

3. They're just making season 5 as good as possible?

Anyway, I don't think you should jump the gun just yet.