Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Offering OC help!

AmberDust

yeah i know alchemy doesnt fit but then again do half of the ocs in the world "fit" into mlp? i mean ive seen half demon ocs alicorn ocs vampire ocs zombie ocs  ocs  that are practicly gods ocs that are robots even gangster ocs does equestria even have gangs?

yeah i know alchemy doesnt fit but then again do half of the ocs in the world "fit" into mlp? i mean ive seen half demon ocs alicorn ocs vampire ocs zombie ocs ocs that are practicly gods ocs that are robots even gangster ocs does equestria even have gangs?

True...but don't you want your OC to be better than those? Don't you want it to fit into the world?

May you Critique my unicorn oc's design? http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/runic-sigil-r6990

She's a WIP so i would like to know what i can to improve her.

Just her design? Okay.

Overall I like the design. I'm not sure how well the colours suit her (the palette looks more suited to a Pegasus I think), but they look nice together. All bold colours except the cutie mark is pretty uncommon, and a nice change. And the cutie mark itself of nice, too!

My one complaint would be the mane--it's pretty forgettable, in my opinion. Just the shape of it seems a tad bland to me.

Edited by AmberDust

I need help designing a cutie mark. I haven't gotten around to uploading the art for my oc so ill try to describe him and his interests.

Twister is a lightish grey Pegasus with a black mane and tail. He is somewhat shy in some situations and somewhat quite bold in others. He always stands up for others ponies and is very dependable. Twister is also quite the singer and an artist as well. (This ponysona was made thanks to brony friends description of me)

Ive been expierimenting with different combinations of a microphone, a computer cursor(I dabble in animations), and a pencil/paintbrush.

Can you help me?

also in your color choices I really like number one.

I need help designing a cutie mark. I haven't gotten around to uploading the art for my oc so ill try to describe him and his interests.

Twister is a lightish grey Pegasus with a black mane and tail. He is somewhat shy in some situations and somewhat quite bold in others. He always stands up for others ponies and is very dependable. Twister is also quite the singer and an artist as well. (This ponysona was made thanks to brony friends description of me)

Ive been expierimenting with different combinations of a microphone, a computer cursor(I dabble in animations), and a pencil/paintbrush.

Can you help me?

also in your color choices I really like number one.

((Did you vote on number one? If not, please do))

Anyways...just reading his name and physical description put this in my head: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Discord_as_a_Pony_S4E25.png

Ha ha...

But regarding the topic at hand--The idea of an art supply for a cutie mark is, quite frankly, overdone. (But whether or not thats important to you is more important than my opinion)

Keep in mind that a cutie mark doesn't have to represent a talent, just something that sets this pony apart from others. This can be a personality trait, an aspect they were born into (like Diamond Tiara and most rich or wealthy ponies), a talent, a skill, a passion, or a strange power (think Rarity).

So I ask you this--is art really the ONE thing that sets this pony apart from others?

It the answer is "no", consider your character's personality and backstory, and go from there. Your cutie mark can be as abstract and symbolic as you want, so long as it fits the backstory.

If the answer is yes, well...

It's best not to make a "dual talent" cutie mark. Either find one thing that represents it all, or choose only one talent. (unless they look good and harmonious together without being cluttered.)

I'm not sure if I was helpful... I guess that, in the end, you have to decide for yourself which one of these things best represents you (you know yourself better than I do).

Are you more of a musician, or are you more a visual artist? Or is it your personality that makes you special? Cutie marks are certainly hard to come up with for ponysonae, but getting the concept down should come BEFORE the design. :)

Edited by AmberDust

I'm not sure if you have read my post on creative resources (  http://Need HELP with names for OC). If you have then if you can think of any good names or come up with suggestions on how you think i can make my pony better then i would love to know them. If you haven't seen my post then if you click on the link above it will explain everything there.

Thanx             

Umm the post i made before this one may have the wrong link,

instead just go to creative resources and look for (Need HELP with names for OC)

it will explain everything there 

I'm not sure if you have read my post on creative resources ( http://Need HELP with names for OC). If you have then if you can think of any good names or come up with suggestions on how you think i can make my pony better then i would love to know them. If you haven't seen my post then if you click on the link above it will explain everything there.

Thanx

Umm the post i made before this one may have the wrong link,

instead just go to creative resources and look for (Need HELP with names for OC)

it will explain everything there

I posted a few questions for you. Hopefully I can be of assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll PM you in a bit with my OC's details. I need a name and a cutie mark for him. I've also voted on your OC's colour scheme. (I chose option 1)

Thanks! There's someone ahead of you though so i may be awhile.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still haven't helped @You Heard Nothing with their profile of Octavia yet, but yes, it's still open. Go ahead.

@You Heard Nothing, do you still need my input? Sorry for forgetting. -_-'

I'm in the process of changing my OC's talent, personality, and back story. Would you mind giving me your thoughts on his personality so far? Feel free to comment on other features as well. 

Is this thread still open?

If it is please get back to me cause i need help with my OC

thanx

You were first in line, so could you direct me to the OC you need help with?

Hey, I needed a little help, mostly on the cutie mark of my OC :)

She is a unicorn, living in Ponyville (on the outskirts, near the forest), and her name is Arctic Sunbeam.

I can't post a picture as I've only just joined, but she has an ice/sky blue body, with a mane that has stripes of pink and yellow (soft tones of pink and yellow, like when you look at the sunset).

She hasn't found her special talent as she doesn't think very much of herself, but she's very friendly and likeable, but also likes her alone time too. She adores animals, exotic or normal, and she loves reading but is terrified of getting a book as a cutie mark. She likes to ski but doesn't get the opportunity to go very often, and that's pretty much all I can think of her! Any help would be greatly appreciated, if I can't find the right cutie mark I may just have to make her a blank flank (maybe she had a bad case of cutie pox as a filly?)

Thankyou anyway! :)

• Brohoof 1

What of my three characters: Mythos Gray, Golden Dawn, and Stardream?

You need help with all three of your OCs? :o

Just to be clear, in case there was a misunderstanding, this is not a review thread. :adorkable: This thread is for helping people who are having issues with their OCs, or for people who need help coming up with something somewhere in the creation process.

Is this what you were looking for? :o

@@AmberDust,

Yes, I am always up for improving my characters, though it the case of Mythos I am considering a redesign of appearance a bit. Golden Dawn could also perhaps use some love, since I have done little to expand or improve him since I first created. If you prefer though we can focus on just one of my OCs.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

I'm in the process of changing my OC's talent, personality, and back story. Would you mind giving me your thoughts on his personality so far? Feel free to comment on other features as well.

Alright, you're up first, since you specified what you needed help with. :)

Overall, I'd say I rather like his personality! However, there are some inconsistencies, especially when you take into account his backstory. I'm sure some of it it could be fixed by simply being explained and expanded upon. :)

Obsessive compulsive - macabre - high energy - mysterious - charismatic -playful - sarcastic - witty - sensitive - cool headed - unafraid - narcissistic - impatient - funny - childish - helpful - rebellious - gothic

You describe him as a lot of things. First, as a cool-headed, mysterious pony who speaks calmly and doesn't show his emotion, and it gives him the image of a sort of charismatic trickster. Later, as more of a passionate and assertive extrovert who likes having fun and pushing people's buttons. Later still, you add that he's rather sensitive emotionally, and gets upset when things aren't in order.

It's not exactly contradictory, but I'm having a hard time really placing him, as his personality traits don't quite fit each other. I think the main part that gets me is when you said that he likes to be mysterious, but doesn't like it when others are. Why is that? Is his mysteriousness just a cover to impress or intimidate? If he's level-headed, calm, and playful, why doesn't he have the patience for mysterious ponies? Why do ponies think he's mysterious, anyways, if he's such an extrovert? Stuff like that comes to mind.

I guess I'm saying that it's hard to tell which of these traits is the strongest in him. I mean, if somepony messes up his house, will he act calm about it, or will be get visibly disgusted? Which are his instinctive traits, and which are more of a cover? How does he act among others compared to when he's alone?

Also, it's hard to determine where these traits might have come from based on his backstory. It's seems a little disconnected...

I'm gonna be honest-- I'm no fan of characters who were raised by animals in the woods. It's inconsistent with canon and is rarely ever explained...but that's just my opinion. The thing that could be a problem is that his personality contains no indication of him having been feral for a good part of his life. It's kind of hard to imagine how a pony raised by lions in the wild eventually became a neat-freak who does séances in his basement. Also, you didn't offer any explanation as to why he ran away from home...twice. :/

In my opinion, the whole part about lions can be deleted from his backstory without any loss to his character. I much prefer the idea that he was raised from birth in a village of witchdoctor Zebras, and it seems more consistent and relevant to his personality and talent. I really love the idea of him learning Zebra necromancy magic, and I think that should be enough to make him an unique and fun character--no need for lions. ;)

@@AmberDust,

When you have time, I need help with characterization of two of my OC's in a fan-fic I'm writing. It's the first time I'm writing about them but I'll link both of them here. I just hope when it's finished, I don't make them too OOC for the show or unrealistic.

The fan-fic stars Brownie Chip and Sundae Shake. Basically I'm having them meet the Cutie Mark Crusaders and they tell them something they've done before. It turns out Brownie and Sundae were lying but when the CMC realize why, they forgive them. When I'm finished the the fan-fic, I'll let you know.

Edited by Yoshi89