Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need alittle help

Discord.

I'm starting a steam group called frontier bronies. I need ideas for a crest; That would symbolize the group. 

Here's a little bio of the group:

We are an organization comprised of mostly Bronies, and other like-minded people, who come to stand up for not only themselves, but for others like them. Have you ever been subjected to haters or just flat out bullys? So have we, we have all witness the ignorance and arrogance of these types of people. Calling you trash or less than human. We will not only stand up for you like family, you can safely call this a home, away from home. 

The crest Would be the avatar of my group so really anything that could be, can be.

Here's little art I made, That's gonna be added to my art forum post later Sneak peak FTW.

fe142d35f9.png

Edited by Discord.
  • Brohoof 1

You'll probably get more attention and flak for making this group than most people would being a brony regularly and/or by themselves. Even if it is in the name of support you're putting a bigass target on your back and those you're trying to help will just get blasted worse than ever if they join this group.

I'm not trying to discourage you but keep that in mind if this kicks off.

• Brohoof 1

You'll probably get more attention and flak for making this group than most people would being a brony regularly and/or by themselves. Even if it is in the name of support you're putting a bigass target on your back and those you're trying to help will just get blasted worse than ever if they join this group.

I'm not trying to discourage you but keep that in mind if this kicks off.

Well, That is the point of this group to take the flak and fight back even harder. I'm not gonna let anyone join that doesn't fully understand that. I've looked at many different fandoms, and I've also looked at the hate. Truly I'm tired of seeing it and not being able to doing anything about it. If Frontier Bronies does take off it, I want to be able to include other fandoms to fight the haters and trolls of not only the brony fandom, but other fandoms. It would be a unity of fandoms so to speak, but that comes later. 

Trust me, if it were to get extremely bad. I would take down the group via a vote, to save the members from the constant hate.

• Brohoof 2

And more power to you but the worst possible way to "combat" haters and trolls is to deliberately fight back. They won't listen to you and they will only make things worse the more you try to prevent them from doing so. Be careful how you handle it. If your goal is to protect those who get attacked don't make it a war.

You know what the only things you'll ever hear from any troll or hater if your purpose is to confront them?

"lol Try harder"

Or alternatively you'll just dig yourself and those you support a bigger grave by offering too much information about yourselves or the fandom that they will use against you.

If it were a place to privately vent about the crap you go through I could see it working but, and I hate to use such an overused cliche, fighting fire with fire just creates more fire. You won't win.

I think Discordian is correct, it could only make things worse especially with it being on Steam, however I do applaud this move as I think that is a really noble goal.

Prepare for a lot of wars then, I think there's a lot of anti bronies wandering over steam

War is what war has always been, a waste... With the help of other brave bronys and other fandoms. I hope to end wars, and shut up the Anti-bronys... Honestly, Aren't you guys just a tad be tired of  having to deal with the these Narrow minded people? 

• Brohoof 1

If your goal is to shut them up then they'll only get louder and you'll make a fool of yourself and bronies as a whole to boot. Things like that are half the reason bronies get picked on as much as they do.

But here's the deal: You're making a bigger deal out of it than it is. "Narrow minded" is the calling card of people who are trying even less to understand their opposition than the ones they accuse of doing that very thing.

The ones you want to argue with are doing it mostly out of fun and you gotta realize that they're people too and there's far more to them than their "hate" of MLP as much as there's more to a brony than just MLP.

It would serve you better to find common ground with these people and just talk with them normally about that rather than using one facet of your life to combat one facet of their life that will never be compatible. I have lots of hater friends but I don't hide my love of the show from them either. You know why they don't attack me on a daily basis? Because I don't bring it up. I don't make a deal out of their dislike of it and don't bring it up around them because there's far more to actually talk about with them than why MLP is or isn't a good cartoon.

Ignore the ones that are baiting you specifically and for the people who only react to an obnoxious brony just find something else to talk about.

And realize that you just won't get along with everyone no matter how hard you try and it's not worth the effort or energy to spend any amount of time thinking about how to do so.

• Brohoof 2

Well of course, I despise ignorance in any form, I am just rather new to the fandom so I haven't been subjected to the same and have been rather ignorant in the past myself. I think that what you are doing is great, but you need a proper strategy such as what Discordian proposed, trolls will not give up and using any reason or logic just backfires, even stooping to their level  brings you closer to failure. I don't have a proper strategy as I they tend to  infuriate me causing me abandon my friendly side as well as any reasoning I had, but in certain cases you can counter them, you just have to learn about them and prod at them before you respond with a counter.

And more power to you but the worst possible way to "combat" haters and trolls is to deliberately fight back. They won't listen to you and they will only make things worse the more you try to prevent them from doing so. Be careful how you handle it. If your goal is to protect those who get attacked don't make it a war.

You know what the only things you'll ever hear from any troll or hater if your purpose is to confront them?

"lol Try harder"

Or alternatively you'll just dig yourself and those you support a bigger grave by offering too much information about yourselves or the fandom that they will use against you.

If it were a place to privately vent about the crap you go through I could see it working but, and I hate to use such an overused cliche, fighting fire with fire just creates more fire. You won't win.

Doing nothing, does nothing. I'm not going to rush into something like this like some blowhard. I know how trolls work I've seen some pretty ignorant things come out of there mouths. I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing this for everyone, trolls see us a pieces of meat easily targeted and easily bothered.

I'm tired of it, I want to do something about it I've come to the realization that i can't do it alone. I wont Force anyone to join or encourage them to do so. 

Really this can be debated about all day, but let him try it. I mean there can't be any more harm done and maybe good will come of it in the end, I certainly can't believe that this would end flaming or even in a major way as that is impossible other than it dying a natural death which would probably be when the fandom is in decline, but as I said some good may come of it.

Really this can be debated about all day, but let him try it. I mean there can't be any more harm done and maybe good will come of it in the end, I certainly can't believe that this would end flaming or even in a major way as that is impossible other than it dying a natural death which would probably be when the fandom is in decline, but as I said some good may come of it.

I love My little pony; In no way i want to see it decline, but you are right everything has its time. I just don't want to see MLP go down because of the haters, but Do I believe It will go down because of the Haters? No, I just don't want something as good as this to go down because of something as bad as a troll, whether its a slim chance or not. If I can do a Lick of good, I know that i have attest done something.

That's kind of exactly my point. Doing nothing even when confronted by them will stop them in their tracks. People who are honestly bothered by baseless insults, intentional bait jokes and misinformed accusations need to buck up a little. If something isn't true, why does it offend you? Even if it is true, why should you take any offense to it unless you're ashamed of it? In the case you are ashamed of it, why on earth are you ashamed of something as silly as a cartoon?

I understand your intentions but you gotta realize you are hardly the first one to attempt something like this and white-knighting is the worst possible response to any sort of confrontation. I've been a brony since the beginning of season 2. I've seen the ups and downs of the fandom, I've seen people combat trolls as trolls, and I've seen fools believe they can change anything by making some huge crusade out of trivial bullshit.

Good luck with what you're trying to do but there's more to this than just bronies vs haters. You're instigating wars using boisterous and very fallible ideals against jocular cynicism and obvious baiting. It's a one-sided battle and haters/trolls have all the playing cards.

I love My little pony; In no way i want to see it decline, but you are right everything has its time. I just don't want to see MLP go down because of the haters, but Do I believe It will go down because of the Haters? No, I just don't want something as good as this to go down because of something as bad as a troll, whether its a slim chance or not. If I can do a Lick of good, I know that i have attest done something.

And that's where you have it wrong. Haters will not under any circumstances end the show or fandom. If anything will end it it's the bronies themselves.

And Dazven, these kinds of debates are exactly what ideas like this need. Going off believing they're purely on the right side and that they have a good chance of victory is a fool's errand. If Discord is going to do this he needs to understand the risks, limitations and very definition of what he's trying to achieve. If he does not understand he will do no good.

Like I said, I'm not against this happening. I just don't want it to end in failure because it wasn't properly thought through.

• Brohoof 1

That's kind of exactly my point. Doing nothing even when confronted by them will stop them in their tracks. People who are honestly bothered by baseless insults, intentional bait jokes and misinformed accusations need to buck up a little. If something isn't true, why does it offend you? Even if it is true, why should you take any offense to it unless you're ashamed of it? In the case you are ashamed of it, why on earth are you ashamed of something as silly as a cartoon?

I understand your intentions but you gotta realize you are hardly the first one to attempt something like this and white-knighting is the worst possible response to any sort of confrontation. I've been a brony since the beginning of season 2. I've seen the ups and downs of the fandom, I've seen people combat trolls as trolls, and I've seen fools believe they can change anything by making some huge crusade out of trivial bullshit.

Good luck with what you're trying to do but there's more to this than just bronies vs haters. You're instigating wars using boisterous and very fallible ideals against jocular cynicism and obvious baiting. It's a one-sided battle and haters/trolls have all the playing cards.

So much big words, it's too late at night to be saying such things, though I do agree with you.

Anyways I don't see haters bringing us down, even though there is a strong Brony opposition, the Brony fandom is strong enough to withstand any attacks that would impact it negatively leading to an early decline(would certainly hope not as I just got into it lol).

And that's where you have it wrong. Haters will not under any circumstances end the show or fandom. If anything will end it it's the bronies themselves.

And Dazven, these kinds of debates are exactly what ideas like this need. Going off believing they're purely on the right side and that they have a good chance of victory is a fool's errand. If Discord is going to do this he needs to understand the risks, limitations and very definition of what he's trying to achieve. If he does not understand he will do no good.

Like I said, I'm not against this happening. I just don't want it to end in failure because it wasn't properly thought through.

Fair enough, I just see no chance of swaying his opinions, it is what I was meaning by that. We hit the impasse and little can be done to change that in this debate, to me it sounds like we are berating him by saying what the risks are.

This is a mess, it won't let me post this as a separate comment, whatever wall of quote text.

I'm a firm believer that circlejerking does more damage than opposition ever will. He may not like what I have to say or even agree with it but it will at least make him think about it. If all he gets is well-wishes and supporters than what would he do when an actual bad situation comes along? Wing it? Terrible decision.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a firm believer that circlejerking does more damage than opposition ever will. He may not like what I have to say or even agree with it but it will at least make him think about it. If all he gets is well-wishes and supporters than what would he do when an actual bad situation comes along? Wing it? Terrible decision.

I've read every word you put down. I'm Agreeing with you in a way that I understand what you're getting at, in fact the group is changing to amount for whats to come, because of what you are saying. As the leader of the group, I knew that I couldn't be alone in this, so I ask my friends if they would help me. Note: That these people are not even bronies. Yet they can see past that its primarily brony related to see the meaning behind the group. Not one of my decisions are with out major consideration with my peers. If a bad situation comes along it is to be expedited, but as I said before I will not just rush into things impatiently. Doing so would be a terrible decision indeed.

Seeing all possibility's is impossible of course, your just saying what your saying so impossibility's aren't mixed with possibility's.

As for the other groups that have failed trying to do what I'm attempting to do, I say "Congratulations, for defending what you care for. Not many are willing to do what you tried to do."

Also If anyone can give me a list of the group names I would at most appreciate it; Learning from the past is just as important as seeing the future. 

Well, at least we can be reasonable here, I guess even though what is said may come off as negative it is still presented in a well meaning way, it is just so late that I may be reading things a bit harsher than they actually are.

I know exactly how you feel.....

• Brohoof 1

Then godspeed, my friend. I wish you the best of luck.

I couldn't name the people I've seen it from, unfortunately, as they've either disappeared or were never an official group to begin with and were more just like-minded people trying to do what they could with other like-minded people.

Then godspeed, my friend. I wish you the best of luck.

I couldn't name the people I've seen it from, unfortunately, as they've either disappeared or were never an official group to begin with and were more just like-minded people trying to do what they could with other like-minded people.

Sometimes conflict within a group can resolve some of the greater problems that were never seen before due to the like-mindedness. That's why I got my close non-brony friends included, that conflict is necessary sometimes. Its the key ingredient to a good group with respected standings in a community.

To be honest, I would of asked you if you would consider joining. Of course I can tell you feel quite strong about this, so i wouldn't even probe you about it.

I just hope I find others like you with an attest equal level of understanding of what I am trying to accomplish.  

Also I Appreciate the wished luck <3    

Edited by Discord.

I couldn't join. I tend to keep to myself and I don't enjoy fighting over things I don't feel I have a chance in doing or helping with. Even if you can do it, I would be of no help. My methods are too different.

I'm always up for consultation if you need a different perspective on something so if this happens don't be afraid to contact me. I'll likely never change my username or avatar and I hang out in the Everfree Forest most so I'll be easy to find.

• Brohoof 1