Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most embarrassing moment?

Gurugurujaan

What was the most embarrassing moment you had in your life??

I don't really have much experience in my life,

But maybe...I was at a Nickelodeon event, and my friend was introducing me to some directors and important people. I was talking to a guy who created one of my favorite nicktoons from the 90's and I spat in his eye and he tried to make me feel better about it. It was pretty embarrassing but now, we're good friends!!

• Brohoof 2

post-18984-0-90856800-1415581404.gif

I was playing tag with my ex boyfriend and I wasn't looking where I was going.

I ran face first into a tree and fell to the ground.

• Brohoof 4

I was with my class at the time, and one of the guys walked up to me and said aloud that the only reason I got a cat was so I'd have a way of cutting myself, and of course he said it loud enough for everyone to stare at me. 

I didn't do anything at the time, but when I think back at it, I kind of want to break his nose, mostly because I got a cat because I love animals not because I want to harm myself.  >_>

I can't say this is the most embarassing, but everybody talked about it for the rest of the year :1 :P.

I was in class while there was an English discussion. I suddenly stand up and head out the door to drink water. I come back and everyvody just wonders where I went :blink:, so I say, "water :wacko:?" I'm not so sure why people found I funny :wacko:. I guess I was a little embarassd :P.

I can't say this is the most embarassing, but everybody talked about it for the rest of the year :1 :P.

I was in class while there was an English discussion. I suddenly stand up and head out the door to drink water. I come back and everyvody just wonders where I went :blink:, so I say, "water :wacko:?" I'm not so sure why people found I funny :wacko:. I guess I was a little embarassd :P.

That doesn't even make any sense.

A guy went to go drink water, nothing embarrasing about that

That doesn't even make any sense.

A guy went to go drink water, nothing embarrasing about that

Some classes don't require permission to get up to use the restroom. I don't think this was one of those classss, so the teacher and everyone laughed about it (and at me) :wacko:.

This one time in class i fell asleep and it made my head hit the table and i hit it so hard i managed to wake up in the nurses office i must of passed out and there was apparently lots of blood.

This was only embarrassing because people were laughing at me for it after but i don't know why because i was passed out.

Id have to say, the most embarrassing moment in my life is when i was walked to one of the lecture halls at UBC with 400+ people, and was listening to the professor blabber on and on about wicker weaving. After ten minutes, I asked the professor "what does this have to do with nuclear engineering?" The whole auditorium looked at me and the professor said "your at the wrong lecture, sorry."

• Brohoof 1

Last year, I was in the Apple Store and I was checking out the iPad Mini 2. I went onto YouTube and put on an episode of The Gmod Idiot Box. But what I didn't realise was that the iPad was CONNECTED TO THE APPLE TV ON DISPLAY! So yeah, when it said "Connected to Apple TV", I thinking "Oh shit! No!" Then the video played on the TV out loud and everyone stared at me. I panicked and darted out the store XD. Most embarassing moment of my life! Oh well, at least none of the staff remember me XD

• 4 years later...

Welp, here's a good one. This just happened about 30 minutes ago.

So our barracks building is on a hill, and there's a gentle slope that lasts maybe a quarter-mile until you get to the bottom. I was going to the store to get some Dr Pepper, as usual, and at the bottom of the hill I stepped on an inconsistency in the sidewalk. Cue the fall, the dramatic slow-motion, the scraped knees, the rolled ankle, everything.

Best of all was my walk of shame back up the hill, past a hospital and through the rest of the barracks, hobbling around with bloody knees. xD

Yep. I'm awful. :P

I was at a hotel for an academic meet. I was roomed, unfortunately, with some of the biggest jerks I knew.

So, you know how some hotel doors have the latch locks? Well I repeatedly attempted to open the door without unlocking it. I stood there doing that for what I swear was at least half an hour. It woke my roommates up and they sat there laughing and calling me an idiot. What? It was early in the morning anyways. My brain wasn't in high gear yet... 

Many years ago, I was riding my scooter at the local park. I attempted to jump over a ramp, but my leg slipped and caused me to tumble like a fool in front of everyone.

I just remembered a new one from two years ago. It's amazing I ever could show my face as a musician/oboist ever again after this.

I was in the pit orchestra for our university's show that year (that year it was a musical, the next an opera). Everything was going smoothly, but there was a few songs in a row where I was tacet. I didn't have a stand for my oboe because mine had gone missing, so I had it in my hands/lap at all points. Well, somehow during this time where I was tacet, the sleeve on my shirt brushed up against the reed while it was in my lap. The reed cracked right down the middle.

...I, being a terrible oboist who couldn't even make her own reeds and was relying on my first teacher from my hometown (an hour away) didn't at this point have many alternatives, and... The alternatives I did have weren't on the stage with me.

To make this utterly terrifying, the very next time I played was not with everyone else, but a solo. I had no clue whether it would play, squeak, or not make any sound. I couldn't test it. I couldn't indicate to the director. I couldn't do anything but sit there and pull my hair out.

In the end, it was the latter. No sound was made. I learned that there actually was a secondary part on the flute so thankfully there was no silence, but I felt like dying. This was just as stupid as when I set down my bassoon on that chair years ago while on that trip and my bassoon came crashing down. I felt like a failure, and having to express to the director (who was also the director of the wind ensemble) what happened was even worse. He wasn't too bothered by it because that solo wasn't as important as the ones I hit earlier, but still... To have to explain "I didn't have any other reeds with me".... Ugh. Total failure as an oboist.

I was taking my finals in high school and I was sick at the time. I finished after a while and I felt a huge snot ball coming out of my nose. I had to wipe it on my sleeve because I didn't have a tissue. The teacher and like half the class saw. It wouldn't stop running either. 

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I just remembered a horrifying one...

When my parents gave me "the talk", reading a book, they got to the um...self pleasure part... My mind was somewhere else during this portion, and I misheard what was said, and I blurted out "Oh, yeah I love doing that!".

My mind snapped back into what was actually being talked about and I was mortified and could not say anything more. I dearly hope my parents have forgotten.

Edited by Envy

That would probably be the time one of my guy friends who may or may not have had a thing for me at the time...and me with him to be fair....let me sit in his pickup truck, I was in the passenger seat but I wanted to sit in the drivers seat where he was so I started kinda play wrestling him....and the angle I was sitting in between the two front seats made me lose balance and I fell over face first...in his lap...and what made it super embarrassing was another friend of ours walked up to the truck from the outside and saw us both right at that moment and started knocking on the window. 

I remember sitting up so fast I bout near hit my head on the top of the thing yelling "It's not what it looks like I swear!" :laugh: My friend who I fell on, he was blushing so red I thought he was gonna pop. And to this day, my friend who caught us, she still doesn't believe me when I say we weren't doing what it looked like we were doing.

More or less a funny memory nowadays rather than an embarrassing one.  

The time my one friend Jackie stole my hat in the high school parking lot one day after school and I started chasing her to get it back, common thing that happened a lot, but when she got back in her truck I reached for it through the window and she deflected my hand and it went straight to her left boob.

We both froze and I just stopped, pulled my hand back really fast and started apologizing  over and over. She was giggling and said it was alright it was just an accident and then she said it was alright if it wasn't an accident too.:sealed:

• 9 months later...