Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

any NASCAR fans out there?

nx9100

hey, i'm just wondering if there are any other NASCAR fans out in the mlpforums.  and if so, been to any races?  have any fun stories?  excited for the season finale?

The best story I have was back in 2010, my buddy dave and I were at Michigan, and I finally got to see one of my drivers win a race, which was Brad K, winning the Nationwide race that weekend, in his #22 Dodge.   we camped outside the track, and the following sunday morning, i was making pancakes on the grill, and had a little extra batter left over.  so I spelled out 22 in batter, and cooked it, literally making 22 pancakes, lol.  to this day, dave still won't let me live it down!  

B)

oh, i was also thinking of running a NASCAR post-race blog on here starting for the 2015 season.  would anypony be interested in something like that?

• Brohoof 1

I'm a NASCAR fan. I've been one since I was three. The last race I've been to was a Busch (Nationwide) race back in 2007 in Indianapolis. I hope I can get tickets to the Daytona 500 since I live 90 minutes away from the track. I think a NASCAR post race blog would be cool. It's great to see another NASCAR fan on here.

• Brohoof 1

when I was still in Illinois, we used to drive out to the Michigan speedway twice a year, from 2007-2010.  good times!

Oh, and I got lucky and was able to the 100th anniversary of the Indy 500 in 2011.  Not nascar, but was still kool!

I like motorsports in general and i like the cars (over 800 goddamn hp, how can you not love that?), i just find watching the races boring, but that's probably mostly because i don't really have anyone to root for which would make it interesting. I'd love to experience it first hand and see it with my own eyes though, there's just that teeny weeny problem of there being an entire damn ocean separating me and the locations, heh. But let me know if NASCAR gets a Finnish driver and i'll definitely be watching that. Meanwhile, i'm gonna stick to MotoGP.

Edited by ThatFinnMetalhead

Hell yes.

I could watch this all day.

All the races I've been to:

2004 MBNA 400: Two red flags, Big One in Turn 4. Mark Martin wins.

2005 MBNA NASCAR RacePoints 400: Second Chase race at Dover. Jimmie Johnson wins.

2006 Pennsylvania 500: Denny Hamlin's second Pocono win.

2008 Daytona 500: First CoT race at Daytona. Ryan Newman wins.

2009 Subway Jalapeno 250: Clint Bowyer wins.

2010 Coke Zero 400: Massive 21-car accident. Kevin Harvick wins.

2012 Daytona 500: Rained out, had to return home.

2012 Pennsylvania 400: Rain-shortened. Jeff Gordon wins.

2013 Lucas Oil 200: A typical day in the Truck Series. Kyle Busch wins.

2014 FedEx 400: Pretty interesting race. One delay due to concrete chipping. Jimmie Johnson wins.

Denny Hamlin for the Cup this year! :D

I made 's avatar. :P

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

While being a proud member of the Left Turn Club, I really only watch the races on the road courses. That oval stuff just isn't exciting unless you're actually there. Dale Jr.'s got to be my favorite current driver, but my all-time favorite was Harry Gant.

Might as well name-drop and as well.

I race it (or at least will be racing it) in the future :D I got a ride all set up for next year.

As an European, I didn't see a single race yet... but I'm going to change this.

F1's rules are getting more stupid and more, so I think it's time to find something new to watch in TV. If only I find a good stream, without lags...

Watch IndyCar. Brian France is almost as stupid as Sir Bernard Ecclestone, and unless you want politically determined race results, I strongly recommend watching IndyCar instead. Think Formula 1 without Bernie's Bullshit. I still enjoy NASCAR, but significantly less due to the whole knockout crap.

• Brohoof 1

I actually like this knockout format, this is the first in about 4 years where I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm hoping my driver gets the trophy this week. I also don't like it when wants to go back to the old points system, what going to happen if fans say that format is boring as well. I didn't complain when Harvick should've won the 2010 championship using the old system.

I actually like this knockout format, this is the first in about 4 years where I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm hoping my driver gets the trophy this week. I also don't like it when wants to go back to the old points system, what going to happen if fans say that format is boring as well. I didn't complain when Harvick should've won the 2010 championship using the old system.

I absolutely despise the new format. Logano (as much as I hate to admit it) and Harvick are honestly the only championship worthy drivers. Hamlin had only one win and Newman had none. Keselowski also had a great season, and as much as I hate him, getting knocked out was a kick in the teeth for him. Then there's Dale Jr, who also had a great season, but due to a few bad races he was knocked out despite being better than most of the guys that advanced. In other words, this knockout format is NOT how you determine a racing championship. This fake World Cup garbage has no place in motorsports. I really do hope that Newman wins the championship, giving Brian France and his brainchild a huge middle finger.

Edited by Jake From State Farm

I doubt Newman going to win the championship, he hardly runs up front anyway, Hamlin isn't the same driver as he was in 2010. I'm just glad Jeff isn't going to be in the running, I don't like the majority of his fans, it's always never Jeff's fault.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harvick took the title.  I was rooting for Brad K myself.  Been a member of his camp for a while now, and was hoping he could nail his second championship.  but ah well....

I was a fan of Brad for a while, until he kept letting emotions get the better of him. Hamlin's my guy now. I like Larson too. I bet you if Larson wasn't pushed out of the Chase by underdogs like Almirola and Allmendinger who really had no business being there, winning on flukes, he'd have made it to the final 8 at least, and the final 4 very likely.

Current non-Chase standings:

1) #24-Jeff Gordon(EC), 1217

2) #22-Joey Logano(C2), 1188, -29

3) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.(EC), 1145, -72

4) #2-Brad Keselowski(EC), 1138, -79

5) #4-Kevin Harvick(C4), 1124, -93

6) #20-Matt Kenseth(EC), 1093, -124

7) #31-Ryan Newman(C3), 1093, -124

8) #99-Carl Edwards(EC), 1049, -168

9) #42-Kyle Larson, 1049, -168

10) #48-Jimmie Johnson(EC), 1032, -185

11) #16-Greg Biffle(EC), 997, -220

12) #1-Jamie McMurray, 975, -242

13) #18-Kyle Busch(EC), 964, -253

14) #11-Denny Hamlin(C1), 949, -268 (missed a races)

15) #15-Clint Bowyer, 943, -274

16) #3-Austin Dillon, 939, -278

17) #5-Kasey Kahne(EC), 934, -283

18) #27-Paul Menard, 904, -313

19) #55-Brian Vickers, 900, -317

20) #41-Kurt Busch(EC), 877, -340

21) #47-AJ Allmendinger(EC), 864, -353

22) #9-Marcos Ambrose, 855, -362

23) #78-Martin Truex Jr., 830, -387

24) #14-Tony Stewart, 798, -419 (missed 3 races)

25) #43-Aric Almirola(EC), 795, -422

(C# is chase driver and current Chase position)

(EC is chase driver that has been eliminated from the Chase)

Gordon would be sitting pretty right now. They'd have to start getting next year's cars fitted for Chase Elliott already.

I like motorsports in general and i like the cars (over 800 goddamn hp, how can you not love that?), i just find watching the races boring, but that's probably mostly because i don't really have anyone to root for which would make it interesting. I'd love to experience it first hand and see it with my own eyes though, there's just that teeny weeny problem of there being an entire damn ocean separating me and the locations, heh. But let me know if NASCAR gets a Finnish driver and i'll definitely be watching that. Meanwhile, i'm gonna stick to MotoGP.

Kimi Raikkonen did run a couple of races for Kyle Busch Motorsports a while back, he said he will consider NASCAR again once his F1 career is done. Keep your eye on him.

I like Raikkonen, he's my favorite F1 driver, love that Ice Man demeanor he has about him. (NASCAR also had its own Ice Man, Terry Labonte)

Edited by Wind Chaser

The thing I like about this sport is that the fans are different from other motor racing. They're the only ones who make fun of a driver who continues to wreck *cough*John Wes Townley*cough* and the only ones who usually blame someone else for what happened and never blame the driver.

• Brohoof 2

The thing I like about this sport is that the fans are different from other motor racing. They're the only ones who make fun of a driver who continues to wreck *cough*John Wes Townley*cough* and the only ones who usually blame someone else for what happened and never blame the driver.

I'm going to miss the Townley jokes on /r/NASCAR this off-season. :(

• Brohoof 2

• 4 years later...

Ooh, me! Me me me me! :-D I've loved NASCAR for as long as I can remember. Jimmie Johnson and Chase Elliott are my drivers. HMS forever. :mlp_yay:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Barely. I like Kyle Larson, Ryan Newman, and sometimes I'll cheer for Chase Elliott. Cancelling my "Never Hendrick" stance.

It used to be all Stewart-Haas before they switched to the dreaded Ford Manufacturer. I dunno what Tony was thinking. Driven Chevy nearly his entire career, and he turncoats. Makes me like him a little bit less. :yeahno:
Still, I like Tony the most though. :sealed:

man, the 2019 Open was crazy!  They were banging those cars around like mad dogs trying to get those stage wins.  Win a stage, and you advance into the All-Star.  In a way, the Open was more exciting to watch then the All-Star was, lol.