Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn't Scootaloo go to school in Cloudsdale?

Tenor Clef

I assume the flight academy in Cloudesdale is exclusive, like the School for Gifted Unicorns in Canterlot. So, she probably doesn't have the money or ability to enroll there.

That's my theory, at least.

I assume the flight academy in Cloudesdale is exclusive, like the School for Gifted Unicorns in Canterlot. So, she probably doesn't have the money or ability to enroll there.

That's my theory, at least.

it must be money because fluttershy is supposedly. Terrible flyer and she went to school with rainbow dash, right?

I was just watching the latest episode and was wondering this.

I felt so bad for her. Not only could she not fly, but Rarity and Applejack were making up to Applebloom and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo was just... there...

(edited)

She cannot fly

I felt so bad for her. Not only could she not fly, but Rarity and Applejack were making up to Applebloom and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo was just... there...

Spoiler! I haven't seen the new ep yet :(

I am saving episodes so I have something to watch while I am waiting for season 3

Edited by The Chaos Maker

(edited)

She cannot fly

I am saving episodes so I have something to watch while I am waiting for season 3

Watcha waiting for?

Edited by Ezynell

Watcha waiting for?

Since there's going to be a gap between episode 26 and season 3, I will save ep 23-26 and watch one of them every 2nd week.

I feel like Fluttershy was older than Scootaloo is when they showed her in flight camp, so I don't think ability has anything to do with it. Fluttershy probably was born in Cloudsdale to begin with, while Scootaloo wasn't.

Since there's going to be a gap between episode 26 and season 3, I will save ep 23-26 and watch one of them every 2nd week.

Well don't expect not to get spoilered then, people will be talking all about them

I think that it's important to make the distinction between school and flight camp.

She goes to a Ponyville school because she grew up in Ponyville. Likewise, a pegasus who grows up in Cloudsdale would go to a Cloudsdale school.

Flight camp, on the other hand, seems to be held exclusively in Cloudsdale, and is completely optional for young pegasi.

I think that Scootaloo doesn't go there because either 1) she's too young, and her wings haven't fully developed yet, 2) it's too expensive or 3) she has no desire to go and be humiliated when she can't keep up with the rest of the campers.

She cannot fly

I kinda feel like show discussion isn't the best place for your situation then lol

Well, you probably have to be born and raised in cloudsdale to go to school there. Its like, first time Fluttershy even saw the ground was when she fell off the clouds and then got her cutie mark.

Well all this conversing begs the question: Who are Scootaloo's parents? I mean, how is her education funded? It's like Fluttershy's case where she fell from Cloudsdale into Ponyville.