Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn't Scootaloo go to school in Cloudsdale?

Tenor Clef

(edited)

Well, Scootaloo can't really fly. And she wasn't born on Cloudesdale. I was just thinking perhaps now this is just me thinking out loud here. Maybe only one of her parents was a Pegasus and he/she fell in love with an earth pony. Maybe that's one very good reason why he has small wings but lives on Ponyville with the other earth ponies. I really do feel bad for Scootaloo. I wish that they'd make an episode where Scootaloo actually learns how to fly.

Edited by RainbowDashFan

I've heard some Fanon material that Scootaloo actual comes by carriage to Ponyville to hang out with the Cutie Mark Crusaders... but now that you mention it... that would be a pretty far fly. Maybe she is on some special program, and wasn't sent to her zoned area?(Maybe because she can't fly)

(edited)

Scootaloo's wings are too small to take flight...

Perhaps you should rethink your statement after seeing this, yes?

EDIT: Ok well the picture didn't seem to show up but it was a picture of "Roidrage"(dunno if he has an official name) and his very tiny wings. Possibly even smaller than Scootaloo's.

Edited by BloodyFox214

As has been said, I think Scoots doesn't attend Cloudsdale School because she can only hover with her wings, not take full flight, so she has no way of reaching the school, let alone flying between the clouds that make up the school and the rest of Cloudsdale. But we can only hope that she at least learns to fly before the end of the series. We don't want her to be a flightless chicken forever, do we? ^_^

Well, like most of the people, I think that it's because she can't fly, and that she's not old enough. I would have made the argument that she had no one to teach her how to fly, but we don't know who her parents are, (or actually who the parents are f any poiny for that matter other than Diamond Tiara), and not to mention, they do have one of the best fliers in equestria. Granted Rainbow may not be the best pony to have as an instructor, but she would still be able to at least teach someone how to fly if they were capable of doing so

Pinkazoid Logic says: Chickens can't fly... duh-derp

Berryzoid Logic says: Wait... ponies fly?

....But in all seriousness, if she can't even fly... why would she be in a school where you have to fly to get there?

She wasn't born in Cloudsdale!

How do we know where she was born? All we know is she can't fly. And apparently, pegasi aren't taught to fly. They learn to fly be instinct like one half of the Cake Twins.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling that Rainbow Dash will eventually try to teach Scootaloo. But that's a guess. At first I thought that they were sisters but then I realized that she is just a fan of Rainbow Dash. I also wonder where Scootaloo is from.

• 4 years later...

The Cutie Mark Crusader's met in Call of the Cutie (S1 E12).  This implies they didn't go to school together before that year.  It is my Head Canon that Scootaloo's parents moved to Ponyville after the end of the previous school year lest their precious little Scootie fall down & go BOOM! (or worse yet go SPLAT!).  Since Scootaloo has a cameo in the pilot, it must have been in early June.

So, to answer the question.  Scootaloo doesn't go to school in Cloudsdale because her parents don't live in that school district.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...
On 2023-10-08 at 4:58 PM, Theautisticrebel said:
  1. She can't fly
  2. Her aunts don't live in cloudsdale

I'm pretty sure pegasi can still walk on clouds even though they can't fly. Is it more dangerous, because if she falls down she can't fly back up ? Sure. But I would think she still could. :scoots:

Edited by Hadrien

• 1 month later...
On 2023-10-11 at 9:25 AM, Hadrien said:

I'm pretty sure pegasi can still walk on clouds even though they can't fly. Is it more dangerous, because if she falls down she can't fly back up ? Sure. But I would think she still could. :scoots:

Her wings work well enough that if she falls, she theoretically might be able to slow her descent well enough to avoid serious injury. Though there's another problem in that Cloudstale isn't just one single cloud - some scenes have parts of it separated from the main cloud mass, and as such would be inaccessible to a pegasus who can't fly.

Then again, that would create an extra incentive to do something about that (the way she was struggling implies that she hadn't been diagnosed with anything, implying that she hadn't seen a doctor).

For what it's worth, I've seen a number of drawings and stories featuring Scootaloo being adopted by Rainbow Dash's parents.

• Brohoof 1