Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any diets that improved your health?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

I'm sure we have all had a diet or at least tried.

What diet did you do and why? What did you change? What was your reason? And how well did your body and health improve?

For my 4th try finally, I beat my addiction to sodas. For awhile, was Soda harming my health and my teeth. I felt so guilty for how much I drank soda on a daily basis. I have tried the first 3 times and failed miserably and went back to the sugar, carbonated drink. Finally. I tried my 4th time and conquered it. It has been 3 months now and not a single soda. Infact, I drink more healthier stuff. More water, milk, sparkling water, V8 juices, and other fruity juices. Sparkling water helped me break my addiction, simply because its a VERY HEALTHY carbonated water with real fruit tastes. 

Some changed have occured, I have lost weight and honestly feel healthier and have been able to sleep great. :3

• Brohoof 1

What I did was simple. As opposed to eating the whole pizza, I'd just eat half. I'd order a medium instead of a large. Doing just that, without doing anything else differently, I lost 20 lbs in about a month and a half, and another 10 by 3 months. It was a small change, yes, but it added up quickly. And I'm feeling a lot better now than I did before.  :)

• Brohoof 3

i go ketogenic for long periods of time. that means i eat a lot of fat, medium amount of protein and a little bit of carbs. so that means a lot of steaks and no breads or pasta. i even put butter and coconut oil in my coffee :P

i know that totally sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen but i've surprisingly lost a lot of weight (almost effortlessly) through it :/ 

• Brohoof 1

post-3492-0-98984100-1416057410_thumb.jpg

I tried dieting a couple of time, but a mixture of me being constantly hungry, food being delicious and my brother being a chef mean that I rarely last longer than a week.

My solution is to do tons of sport (boxing, swimming, running) at least two hours a day.

So far, it works pretty well.

• Brohoof 3

I'm currently doing a "separating" or 90-day diet, where I only can eat certain things per day, like today its meat-day which means I can eat any kind of meat I want but ONLY meat, the other day is just pasta-day and so on, there is even a day when I can eat all the cake and sweets I want, but after that day is a day when I only drink water to purge the body. :)

For about 4 years now I do this diet every year and each time - with some exercises of course(about 1-1,5 hour of intensive cycling and workout 6 days of the week) - I manage to loose about 12-15kg(26-33lbs) every time I do this diet. B) I'm currently 84kg(185lbs) and I'm aiming to achieve ~77kg(~169lbs) by Christmas ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Eh. I'm a decent weight for my height and age. So I haven't dieted willfully.

I have had to go on a completely liquid no chew diet for 6 weeks before though because of jaw surgery. I lost like 10 pounds in a week, and was severely dehydrated. Oh what fun that was.

• Brohoof 1

What I did was simple. As opposed to eating the whole pizza, I'd just eat half. I'd order a medium instead of a large. Doing just that, without doing anything else differently, I lost 20 lbs in about a month and a half, and another 10 by 3 months. It was a small change, yes, but it added up quickly. And I'm feeling a lot better now than I did before.  :)

but it can be hard not to eat the whole thing!  ^_^ it's fortunate that I don't get pizza too often.

I heard that in japan they that a good diet plan is to eat until you're full but could still eat more.

this is a good time to stop.

and it's surprisingly simple, you just gotta learn when to stop and actually stop.

:) I'm full, but I could eat more.

:blink: but I won't.

• Brohoof 1

I have realized that there is no way I can possibly do that, I have never been and never will be the kind of guy who can just have a little bit of something if I like it that much. But I did find a way that worked for me, I go somewhat strict for pretty much the entire week except for one day where I eat whatever I want and however much I want and that day is usually Sunday. I was on the right path for a while, I cut the amount of sugar I ate dramatically as well as fried foods (most of which I either got from the deli at work or made myself). I increased the amount of complex carbs and reduced the amount of simple carbs, ate more salads and had a 2 day a week weight lifting regimen. I did this for a short while and was on the right track until I got my 5th knee injury (I have a long history of that most of them work related and then I got another one a couple months after being released back to work from that one) so I ended losing 8 pounds, a few inches on my waist and had a lot more energy and a much better mood.

• Brohoof 1

Smaller meals.

Drinking water of light drinks.

Even though I want to eat, I don't.

Good, firmly breakfast.

A healty lunch (Like an apple or banana or something).

Not so much for dinner (Less then you normally eat).

I did it because I have no stamina and was too lazy for sports (Even though I play volleyball)

My health is quite better now, but I still don't have any stamina  :catface:

And I feel better, knowing that I have a little less on my body, because I'm too fat for my age, so yeah.

:muffins:

And wow I love this topic! I can see what others do, and look what can help me more! <3

• Brohoof 1