Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many of you would join in on this campaign?

Tyger

How many ponies here would actually be brave enough to take part in a campaign like this? How many could actually put aside their fears of what others think enough to hug a stranger, or rather, several strangers, like this? How many could put aside their fears of being looked down and judged for this? Would you actually be able to do it? If you saw this campaign somewhere, and you had the time, would you take part?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

• Brohoof 4

I've seen the first video when he started this years ago. I felt in awe that someone did this and got a good response for it.

I never knew what had happened after that, that there was a ban which led to a petition and finally a victory.

This truly is inspiring.

I'm not the type of person to offer, but I would gladly accept the offer :)

Well I would definitely join in based on the general idea of what I am going to do though if I knew I was gonna be in a place where only creepers walk by then I'll probably back out.

It's nice to see random acts of kindness :)

Hmmmm...probably not to be honest. My first thought seeing a man holding a free hugs sign would probably be that he wants to feel up women.....Also I'm married and I only hug a few people....Mostly my husband.

That is the biggest problem with random acts of kindness like these. There are always those who would either use them for their gain or pervert them. For example, who didn't get the razorblades in candy speech before they went trick-or-treating. Everyone is afraid of everyone else. It is probably why we need random acts of kindness in the first place.

I don't mean to be a negative nelly, I'm just being honest...that would be my first thought. I'm not saying that he was just feeling up women, it really looked very sweet on that video and like he made a lot of people smile. But if I were to personally come across him on the street I wouldn't want to hug him.

It really is sad that the world we live in would make me so cynical about things like that. :(

It really is needed to have more random acts of kindness in this world, but as everyone have said, some people will use every means necessary to gain privileges and advantages in this world. Not all people are that, of course, and I've seen people use these kinds of advantages for good. It touches my heart and makes me respect humanity a little more everytime I see that. That is how rare these kinds of acts are, though, that I'm so genuinely surprised that people actually act like this to others.

That's not how it should be. People shouldn't fear each other like this, that they are just baffled at how kind people can act towards oneself. It just doesn't seem right. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in, and there are people out there that are prone to violate, kill, and steal from other people, and uses every means to their advantage to get to there, kindness included.

It doesn't help that the media also sheds these happenings regularly. If you look into a newspaper, there's always bound to be stuff such as sex-scandals, murders, theft, and various people being caught for these acts in there. This scares people, and makes them distant themselves from each other. So of course, when there's a campaign going on about sharing acts of kindness towards the community, people are going to get weirded out and distant themselves from such events. Because they're afraid of each other.

And that is not how it should be, but unfortunately is. And it's probably not going to change.

• Brohoof 2

I personally agree with this movement! There are a lot of people who really need a hug, but don't want to seem like they're complaining or anything. This is a great way to spread the love and be there for people who need it without calling them out!

Not to mention it's just nice! :)

As long as the hugger isn't accosting people, this (to me, at least) is a fabulous idea!

I personally agree with this movement! There are a lot of people who really need a hug, but don't want to seem like they're complaining or anything. This is a great way to spread the love and be there for people who need it without calling them out!

Not to mention it's just nice! :)

As long as the hugger isn't accosting people, this (to me, at least) is a fabulous idea!

That, and as long as the huger is not infecting the hugged with some sort of illness.