Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this true?

SilverLine

I've been looking through different media and news articles online talking about the brony fandom for my essay. I wanted to find evidence of why the discriminating views on bronies should be put into consideration. There was the report of Michael Morones (my prayers go out to him) that is very supporting; and the boy who was banned from wearing his Rainbow Dash backpack in school. Then I found info of one man who was fired from his job because he was a brony. I felt that it would be a powerful source to back up my argument, but I can't help but think that what if it is just an over exaggeration. It's not that I don't believe it, I just want to avoid making misinformation. What do you think? Should I state this information in my paper?

If I were you, I'd look a little more into it before putting it down on paper. Cause it if weren't, you'd just make yourself look like a dork. But if it was a thing, then yeah, put it on paper. Apologies for not being all that helpful. Just thought I'd drop my two cents in.

• Brohoof 1

I can confirm that the issue with Grayson (the boy who wasn't allowed to take his backpack to school) was a legitimate issue, though whether or not the school wouldn't let him wear it because of his Brony status or they just couldn't be bothered to deal with bullying, I cannot say-so you'll probably have to make a judgment call on that.

Michael Morones was definitely harassed due to being a fan of the show, however.

As for the man who was fired, I have heard of that and I'd believe it, but I'm unsure of how legitimate the source was-typically whenever I do research like that I look for multiple different sources to make sure the information is legitimate.

• Brohoof 2

I've been looking through different media and news articles online talking about the brony fandom for my essay. I wanted to find evidence of why the discriminating views on bronies should be put into consideration. There was the report of Michael Morones (my prayers go out to him) that is very supporting; and the boy who was banned from wearing his Rainbow Dash backpack in school. Then I found info of one man who was fired from his job because he was a brony. I felt that it would be a powerful source to back up my argument, but I can't help but think that what if it is just an over exaggeration. It's not that I don't believe it, I just want to avoid making misinformation. What do you think? Should I state this information in my paper?

Before you put anything in an essay, you should always look more into it and confirm that your information is accurate. I can say that the boy with the RD backpack thing is true, as well as Micheal Morones. Though, I'm not entirely sure on the man who was fired.

1. The sources regarding Michael Morones (the brony who tried to commit suicide) and Grayson are completely true. Grayson was bullied for bringing an FIM backpack and then was told by the school to no longer bring it back, calling it a "trigger" for bullying. Morones's suicide attempt left him with severe brain damage.

The source about the dude being fired for talking about the show may be very misleading. He only posted on Reddit, and no other news source can confirm the details. Is it a hoax? Don't know. Is it legit? Don't know. I don't recommend using this as a source of bronies being bullied in your paper because Reddit is a lot like Wikipedia in many capacities. Untrustworthy.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

I thought so. Thanks for the advice. And I'm sorry if the question was pointless.

Well it's not exactly pointless since reliability of information is in fact pretty important. :)

• Brohoof 2

I haven't really heard about the other cases, though if they're true that's awful, but I have heard about the man who got fired. I have no doubt that a man got fired from his job. Whether it was because of his Brony status is another story. He supposedly thinks so, but as only his side of the story was recorded, it is unknown how good the quality of his work was. He seems to think he did a good job, but his boss would know better. As for his co-workers, all we have to go on is this man's testimony. Maybe they didn't like him for other reasons, or perhaps he wasn't the most pleasant person to be around. We really don't know.

They're both true, sadly. The first one is comfirmed, the second one is either troll of the echon or true as well. Definitely put the first one down, I'd look into the second one first.

The first one is 100% true (sadly) and I honestly feel quite sorry for the boy...he was quite lucky to survive

the second...I assume this is true yet I cannot be sure  though the bag was taken off of him BECAUSE of the bullying......better look more into this

the third well...the same as the second.

Edited by Everleaf

I'd also like to point out that I've heard two conflicting stories regarding the guy who was supposedly fired, one story says he was fired for being a brony and the other says he was fired because he started screaming when a co worker asked him about it.

Edited by chirox the pony

I've also heard about the first two but I've never heard about the dude that got fired for being a bony. Also, are you going to read this essay in front of your class or something? If so, be very cautious about what information you put about us on it. :)