Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you sell your soul to Devil to find love?

RainbowMau

I'll entertain the question regardless of my religious beliefs.

I think at a certain point I may have said "yes" when my craving of it was high but that craving has been on a downward slope. Why? Simple: I've started seeing the craving for romantic love as a weakness. I don't know if I really had depression or not or was just in despair but I realized that much of that despair came from these ideas of what I should have, should be and how my environment should be like -- and seeing those ideas unfulfilled in turn made me feel quite empty and unfulfilled. 

Having thought about things, I believe that what I'm really looking for is solidarity. To be part of a group of very loyal friends who all help one another and understand one another.

When I see threads like this, I really can't help but wonder... Is it really love these desperate people look for? To me, it's looking more like the quenching of a desire -- nothing more, nothing less. That is attachment, not love. What's more, romantic love has been warped into being a symbol of social status and conformity. How much are you willing to give up for it?

So far, no one's brought up Disney's The Little Mermaid on this topic. Good! Make sure to keep it like that. I love that film and to me, it is an unacceptable target to use here. :okiedokielokie:

Anyway, I would not sell my soul because no one can sell their soul. Physically impossible.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

No, if I'm going to find love I want to know I've done it because I am worthy of someone's love affection and have found someone equally worthy of mine, not because I traded a piece of myself as a shortcut.

I'm not so desperate for love as to sell such an important part of myself, anyway. Better to find it naturally if you ask me.

Eh, sell  my soul? Nope, love is great and all, but why would you sacrifice your soul when you got friends? You could find love in your family, your friends, your co-workers even. So, conclusion: Nope

Obviously you're not someone who has never had a partner, whose time is running out (or already ran out) and who has never had any love experience in life.

Nah. I can find that stuff out either way. I'll just play games and that stuff. Gonna get a job. I can just wank if its a problem when it comes to that. I'll just wait and see, otherwise it'll come or not.. stuff happens. Best if both have common interest i guess :D. Other than that, no problem by hanging with friends and do fun stuff :)

Edited by ShintX

No, of course not. Love is not worth my soul, and I am perfectly capable of finding love on my own should the desire ever arise.

Exactly! Love should be found by your own accord, not from someone creating fake love to substitute it.

• Brohoof 1

And how would I feel that love if my soul was sold? Assuming things like soul or devil exist selling my soul would be like selling myself. I'd lose control over my life and I value freedom of choice more than love that is a result of cheating like that.

And before I get judged - I never was in relationship. But I still think it is not worth such big sacrifice. Being single has its advantages as when I get girlfriend I will for sure have to sacrifice some of my independence for relationship. I am not ready for that yet. 

So, simple answer... hell no.

So punny. 

• Brohoof 2

...The hell is the Devil?

Obvious Atheist jokester here lolololol

I'd really just rather do something.... *ahem* more logical to "find love".

In reality, i'm still waiting.

No, I wouldn't do it because for me love has always been something that would be nice but I've never really felt that I would need it in my life. I've always been kind of a loner when it came to having relationships.