Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

On Wings of Moonlight - A vocal epic orchestral prequel to Lullaby for a Princess

Aurelleah

New preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2PQlh_KTQc for those who've wanted me to do a RD themed song

It's an okay start. 

You're kinda limiting yourself to that I-VI-VII-I progression. You do put the iv in there sometimes. Be careful, as this can put a limit on how you can vary it up. This is why I say electronic music is one of the hardest types of music to produce because you've got 8-phrase sections to work with and after a certain number of phrases, there must be change. I like the sweep out in the beginning, but then it just became the same thing afterward. 

Perhaps maybe add some scale runs and appreciated upper synth bass runs since you've got that lower oscillating octave sawtooth wave running on the lower end. Also, be sure to add some fill-ins in the percussion.  

It's an okay start. 

You're kinda limiting yourself to that I-VI-VII-I progression. You do put the iv in there sometimes. Be careful, as this can put a limit on how you can vary it up. This is why I say electronic music is one of the hardest types of music to produce because you've got 8-phrase sections to work with and after a certain number of phrases, there must be change. I like the sweep out in the beginning, but then it just became the same thing afterward. 

Perhaps maybe add some scale runs and appreciated upper synth bass runs since you've got that lower oscillating octave sawtooth wave running on the lower end. Also, be sure to add some fill-ins in the percussion.  

You know that the sweep in the beginning is about the only thing that's finished right? :P

Though I appreciate the feedback, it's nowhere near finished and should expect it to sound like a finished song yet - the bass is just running the root note of the chords I'm going to be throwing in, and it's going to have both vocals and a melody, so plenty to keep it interesting

• 2 months later...

All done :>

Word on whether or not the defenders managed to stave off the invasion and win the fight failed to reach the Crystal Empire in later days, and after many days passed, those who managed to survive began to fear the worst.

Cadence, who was now tasked as the ruler of the Crystal Empire and Canterlot in the place of the alicorns that stayed to defend. As she does her very best to keep up the spirits of those waiting on their loved ones' return, she felt increasingly weighed down by the same fear she was trying to protect against, although she refused to give up hope.

All done :>

Word on whether or not the defenders managed to stave off the invasion and win the fight failed to reach the Crystal Empire in later days, and after many days passed, those who managed to survive began to fear the worst.

Cadence, who was now tasked as the ruler of the Crystal Empire and Canterlot in the place of the alicorns that stayed to defend. As she does her very best to keep up the spirits of those waiting on their loved ones' return, she felt increasingly weighed down by the same fear she was trying to protect against, although she refused to give up hope.

Very nice. Though I kinda wish you had made it so that it's verse-chorus-verse-chorus. 

The vocals are phenomenal though. 

Very nice. Though I kinda wish you had made it so that it's verse-chorus-verse-chorus. 

The vocals are phenomenal though. 

Thanks :) Yeah was experimenting with a new style, next song will be a bit more normallly structured    :yay:

Hey, I'd love to work together on something sometime in the future. 

Sure! Links to some of your work?

I'm pretty backed up but I'd love to in the future -- Add me on skype, Aurelleah's my skype name

Sure! Links to some of your work?

I'm pretty backed up but I'd love to in the future -- Add me on skype, Aurelleah's my skype name

Take the links in my sig. Also, take this one: https://pony.fm/thunder-dash/content

And this one too: https://soundcloud.com/thunder-dash-alternative

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I applied for Pony.fm newsletter writer, (https://mlpforums.com/topic/140708-pixel-wants-you-for-poniverse-public-relations/page-3#entry4191533) I featured you as my favorite artist! ^.0 I hope i get choosen!

I love your music! Sorry, but i thought Everfree didn't come out yet! I wish I could edit it!

I love your piece "Our Last Stand" and, hope to see more in the future! ^.0

• Brohoof 1

Hi! I applied for Pony.fm newsletter writer, (https://mlpforums.com/topic/140708-pixel-wants-you-for-poniverse-public-relations/page-3#entry4191533) I featured you as my favorite artist! ^.0 I hope i get choosen!

I love your music! Sorry, but i thought Everfree didn't come out yet! I wish I could edit it!

I love your piece "Our Last Stand" and, hope to see more in the future! ^.0

Thanks for that :) and the album as a whole isnt quite done yet, so no need to worry too much about editing :3

• Brohoof 1

Yay!!! You make awesome music, where do you get the inspiration?

Inspiration is actually hard to come by. I usually start a song with a certain sound, synth, melody or chord progression and the song just kinda writes itsself; I dont decide what the song is about until the story's written :)

• Brohoof 1

Nice one. I like the drive, but was hoping the strings wouldn't stay staccato-like. I was hoping for some long strings...but it was still a good listen. 

Most of my strings are legato so decided to do something different his time :)

• 4 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/HXyIKWn0VIU

Hey everyone. Did a thing again. You'll notice the song sounds pretty similar despite being a remix. Well, not every remix has to be wubtastic or drastically different. I chose this time to re-orchestrate the song and add some complexity and depth to the strings, while still keeping fairly true to the original. The purpose of doing it this way was to help me grow in my knowledge of how orchestra fits in with other genres, such as pop, with faster major-key notes than I normally do. I grew quite a bit in my skill as I remade this. Hope everyone enjoys!

It's a pretty good listen. The biggest nitpick I have is that the percussion kinda drowns out everything else. I can't really hear the complexity of the strings over the percussion. I could hear some nice accented staccato strings, but the drums just really drowned them out. Gotta watch out for that. I would honest take out and bring in the percussion at certain points, because there really wasn't a fill-in at any of the major change-ups to the song. 

All in all, it's a good remix, but at the end of the day, it could use some revamping. 

It's a pretty good listen. The biggest nitpick I have is that the percussion kinda drowns out everything else. I can't really hear the complexity of the strings over the percussion. I could hear some nice accented staccato strings, but the drums just really drowned them out. Gotta watch out for that. I would honest take out and bring in the percussion at certain points, because there really wasn't a fill-in at any of the major change-ups to the song. 

All in all, it's a good remix, but at the end of the day, it could use some revamping. 

Appreciate your feedback :3