Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sociology Assignment

danisoci

Hi everyone! My name is Dani and I'm a sociology student. I was assigned the task this week to enter an online community and make observations, and I decided to observe yours! The MLP fandom! :) 

I've been lurking in the forum for a little while now and now is the part where I'm supposed to make myself known, and get your thoughts on your fandom, and how you feel about me observing you guys here. 

What do you like most about this forum? How long have you been a part of it? Anything else you would like to add would be nothing but helpful. Thanks!

• Brohoof 1

I was thinking of taking sociology but it's been a hit and miss for me.

I love this forum. I check it constantly for new messages and posts.

Also I like it here because everyone is so friendly and so supportive.

Hope that helps.

luXguPv.gif

• Brohoof 2

It's a little odd to be observed but I suppose there's no harm in it so long as you didn't do a David Attenborough voice to yourself while doing it.  You did, didn't you?  lol

Likes: It is generally a very accepting and loving community. The minimum character requirements encourage thoughtful exchange and discourage spam. It's a show I love and I get to network with others who share the same passion.

I've only been part of the forum for roughly a month.

One last thing, are you a fan of the show or did you just decide to visit us because you thought we would be an interesting case to study?

• Brohoof 2

I was thinking of taking sociology but it's been a hit and miss for me.

I love this forum. I check it constantly for new messages and posts.

Also I like it here because everyone is so friendly and so supportive.

Hope that helps.

img-3264613-1-luXguPv.gif

For me sociology has been a very enlightening and enjoyable field of study. You get to learn a lot more about society than most people realize, and it opens a lot of doors for going into a career where you can help people. Why was it a hit and miss for you? 

It's a little odd to be observed but I suppose there's no harm in it so long as you didn't do a David Attenborough voice to yourself while doing it.  You did, didn't you?  lol

Likes: It is generally a very accepting and loving community. The minimum character requirements encourage thoughtful exchange and discourage spam. It's a show I love and I get to network with others who share the same passion.

I've only been part of the forum for roughly a month.

One last thing, are you a fan of the show or did you just decide to visit us because you thought we would be an interesting case to study?

Hahahahaha unfortunately I can't master the David Attenborough voice, he's one of a kind. I might be able to do a shoddy Steve Irwin though. "Here we can observe the mlp fan in it's natural habitat....." :P

So far I'm hearing that everyone feels very accepted and loved here, and I can definitely say the response to my assignment has been more than welcoming. Would you say that you come back everyday to check show-themed discussions, or is it more that you've made relationships and connections here and for the most part you're checking in with friends? 

And no, I was not a fan of the show before this, I didn't know much about you guys and I thought I would like to learn more. But maybe I'll check out an episode now :)

• Brohoof 1

For me sociology has been a very enlightening and enjoyable field of study. You get to learn a lot more about society than most people realize, and it opens a lot of doors for going into a career where you can help people. Why was it a hit and miss for you?

Well I'm not very good in school. Tried going to 3 colleges and just couldn't do it. I'm just not a school person.

• Brohoof 2

When I first started it was more talking about the show, but nowadays I come mostly to check in and connect on community projects. I'm involved in a few projects as a voice actor and one as a writer. I think that once the new season starts this place will be even livelier and we'll have much more to discuss. The time between seasons does tend to put quite a few of us into hibernation. The hubbub from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks is starting to die down, so we're back to idling waiting for the new season by keeping busy with projects and the comics. If you want to check out projects. go to creative resources.

And so it begins.... Mwahahahahahahaha :derp:

• Brohoof 1

What i like most about the Brony community is just how accepting most of us are.... its a friendly environment!!

Ive been a brony since mid 2012, but i joined these forums somewhere in 2013.

You can PM me, if you have other4 questions!!, and why not take a look around!!!

• Brohoof 1

I really love the atmosphere this forum brings. People are generally friendly and supportive. It's an awesome forum and I'm glad I'm a part of it. I myself typically post my art or contribute to the discussions in this part of the forum. Very rarely I'll dabble in the debate section or the discussions of the show itself such as certain episodes or equestria girls.

I've been on here for roughly a year, give or take. I lurked around earlier than that as a guest and just checked out some random topics, eventually I made a profile.

The fandom in general is really welcoming. I've made friends with people in my school that I probably would have never talked to if it wasn't for our common bond in ponies.

The show itself has allowed me to become a better person. It brightens up my day, makes me laugh, and teaches me life lessons that I sometimes forget. The hiatus is a bit of a buzzkill though. I've only been through the wait time from season 3 to 4 since I joined the fandom about February 2013. Becoming a brony was the best thing to happen to me, I was going through a depression at the time I discovered ponies. It brought me out of a 6 month funk I was going through.

• Brohoof 1

Mostly I like the community - it's filled with nice people.

I don't remember when I signed up originally...at least a year ago, I'd say? (This is my second account, first one had issues)

• Brohoof 1