Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I have too much free time...

Saroth

So I was up late one night and decided to give vectoring a try for the first time. I don't know much about Photoshop apart from the occasional sig I make so it was interesting. One thing led to another and then this happened:

BEr7ysV.png

Yes, I know it's very big.

I'm not sure what to think of this myself... I guess Fluttershy just wanted a change of personality (or Rainbow Dash found too much dye).

Tell me what you guys think!

• Brohoof 14

My money is on Flutters trying a new style, I don't think there is a dye for eye color :lol:

Anywho... Great job dude, looks really good! For not doing a lot of vectoring outside of sigs you did a really good job on this, keep up the good work!

Do they have contacts in Equestria? Anyway, thanks!

EDIT: I actually have never done vectoring in my life so 'not doing a lot' is an overstatement xD

Edited by Saroth
  • Brohoof 2

Do they have contacts in Equestria? Anyway, thanks!

EDIT: I actually have never done vectoring in my life so 'not doing a lot' is an overstatement xD

...I have no idea... Thought when you said that my first thought was;

contacts-i-knew-it-anime-eyes.jpg?resize

Understatement, overstatement, still is true lol

• Brohoof 2

I love this! This is great, good job.

Oh that is hilarious XD Fluttershys had a mid-life crisis and decided to just be rainbow dash! When given the choice always be RD

Always be yourself, unless you can be Rainbow Dash then always be Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 3

So I was up late one night and decided to give vectoring a try for the first time. I don't know much about Photoshop apart from the occasional sig I make so it was interesting. One thing led to another and then this happened:

img-3266200-1-BEr7ysV.png

Yes, I know it's very big.

I'm not sure what to think of this myself... I guess Fluttershy just wanted a change of personality (or Rainbow Dash found too much dye).

Tell me what you guys think!

...You're new to Photoshop but yet you made THIS? O_O But it's completely flawless!

This is pretty cool. And it seems like it could be worked into an episode as well. They already pulled a gag where something spins through Twilight's mane to curl it in just such a way that it looks like Rarity. Maybe this episode would involve Rainbow Dash trying to help Fluttershy become more confident, with getting a trim like this being a part of that transformation. I don't know.

At any rate, very cool work. Now try 'em out for the other Mane ponies. Perhaps give Celestia, Luna, or Cadence the Rainbow Dash look. Heh.

Wow, that look really good! And for it being a first time with vector art too! I like how the expression is kind of a mix of a fluttershy and RD expression. You might want to try a program more geared towards vector art, such as illustrator or inkscape/ponyscape, because the vector stuff in PS is more of an addon thing and I've heard is better to use a proper vector program for vector art. That said, it probably doesn't really matter because it looks so perfect the way you are doing it.

Wow, that look really good! And for it being a first time with vector art too! I like how the expression is kind of a mix of a fluttershy and RD expression. You might want to try a program more geared towards vector art, such as illustrator or inkscape/ponyscape, because the vector stuff in PS is more of an addon thing and I've heard is better to use a proper vector program for vector art. That said, it probably doesn't really matter because it looks so perfect the way you are doing it.

I know that Photoshop isn't the best program for vectoring, but it's the program I've pretty much used for everything and I'm most comfortable with using it right now. I may try some other programs eventually though. 

• Brohoof 1

I know that Photoshop isn't the best program for vectoring, but it's the program I've pretty much used for everything and I'm most comfortable with using it right now. I may try some other programs eventually though. 

I know how that goes, I find PS so much easier to use than Illustrator. I also find Inkscape a little more easy to use than Illustrator, though the program itself is a bit clunky. The cool thing about using something like Photoshop is you could combine vector art and digital painting or photomanipulation pretty easily, well at least in theory.