Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What weather do you hate & why?

iceestarz

I hate storms and rain and wind.

Reason why is because its so annoying. You cannot really do much. Rain always seems to destroy events, because it seems like whenever we plan an event around here, it always has to storm. 

I hate storms, not because I am scared of them, but we get REALLY bad storms here. We've had a few tornadoes and really bad wind storms that seem to destroy everything and knock out out power. We one time had this wind storm knock out our power for a week and all our food ended up spoiling, because we did not have a generator at the time (we do now). Like, we had to spend more money shopping for everything again. Its also very dangerous when we have wind storms, because we constantly have big trees falling and stuff flying everywhere. 

Yeah, I do like the lighting and soothing thunder, just not the LOUD thunder.

Edited by ~Sugar Sprinkles~

I hate the mix of a cloudy and sunny day. As the sun is constantly disappearing and reappearing from behind the clouds, it makes the setting around me feel like I'm in a computer and the user's messing with the brightness control without stopping on one.

Please let it be any one of these (and only one) at a time:

• A clear, sunny day
  • A full overcast
  • A stormy day(as long as I don't get my sensitive stuff, like books and electronics wet)

I hate cold and wet due to its the perfect elements for catching a cold, the flu or strep throat for me...and even ear infections, don't ask why.

I hate hot and humid, it makes it feel hotter then it is, and just for some reason increases my anger.

I hate snow. It's cold, wet and when it gets in your shoes, it's annoying. Shoveling is also a pain. And I live in an area where snow is very common, and we get pretty bad lake-effect snow.

I live in the desert, and I hate the sun. I have some light sensitivity, so I spend sunny days squinting. I love overcast or rainy days. :muffins:

A few types of weather:

- I absolutely despise the weather between early March and late May. It's pollen season and primary tornado season; fortunately for the latter, things have been relatively quiet since the record-breaker that was the 2011 season. The hours before a severe outbreak are the worse: the dew points go up, the instability goes up, the dynamics are in place...all you can hope for is that the local meso setup is calm.

- Summer months. I live in Atlanta; while it's not as hot and humid as some other parts of the southern U.S., it can still get quite hot and quite humid between July and September. We haven't hit 100F (37.8C) in three years, but with high humidity, you can't tell the difference between 85F and 90% humidity and 105F with 15% humidity.

- Cold and dry weather. It's fine if we're coming off a string of super hot days, but in the dead of winter, I don't like cold and dry conditions. I'm cool with snow and sleet, but not ice.

I hate really hot and humid weather. It saps my energy and there no way to escape it beyond swimming or staying in an air conditioned area. I find this kind Ita very oppressive kind of weather.

• Brohoof 1

Extremely hot/cold weather because I then suffer from random nose bleeds. One happened lunchtime at school in 46 degree heat Celsius. And another happened on a really cold morning while I was writing in my book. I saw a blood droplet fall onto my paper and I thought "wat.." And then I soon realised my nose was pouring like a tap.

Edited by Colour

I actually despise the summer time... I love Fall/Winter weather and this time of year is my favorite. Plus I love wearing hoodies too.

I hate really hot and humid weather. It saps my energy and there no way to escape it beyond swimming or staying in an air conditioned area. I find this kind Ita very oppressive kind of weather.

I hate the sun.. Hot weather is the worst weather ever.. I much rather have a cloudy rainy day then a sunny day.

My feelings about the summer time and hot weather summed up through these comments. There was a time in my life when I enjoyed the season, but now it's nothing more than a pain in the ass.

Seriously, if I have to put up with "bad" temperatures, I'd much rather have the lows. I've accustomed myself to winter's liking and the weather is more tolerable for me. It's also nice not having to struggle to sleep because of the heat or waking up in sweat in the middle of the night.

Edited by Dekaccho
  • Brohoof 1

I hate snow since when I was at primary and secondary school there was more fights in the snow than in any other weather for some random reason. It just brings back horrible memories and I ended up with a broken nose in a 2v2 fight in the snow. Worst week ever :(

I hate cold weather. I have what's called Raynaud's Disease. When I'm in the cold for too long, my extremities get white and I lose feeling in them. When feeling returns, it can be painful. This occurs in my fingers, toes, the balls of my feet, my ears, my lips and my tongue (when I eat ice cream.) It looks like this:

(In my opinion, this picture isn't bad by any means. There's no disfigurement or blood or anything gross like that. But some people might be squeamish)

nejmicm1209600_f1.jpeg

Whenever I go outside in the winter, I have to be very careful to bundle up properly. I can't leave the house without gloves and once I've left, I can't take them off until I'm inside again. I always need to wear a hat and a scarf. I can't wear certain shoes in the winter and I need warm socks. On the topic of gloves, I've found it extremely difficult to find gloves that work. In fact, the only gloves I've found that have worked are deerskin. They're magical and wonderful, but old and dirty. If I were to get new gloves, they'd also have to be deerskin or some other kind of skin, but I've held off because they're a bit on the pricey side. If an afflicted area isn't rewarmed somewhat soon, this can result in gangrene. Winter is a dangerous time for me where I'm always concerned about my health.

The other thing I hate is precisely the bundling up. I really hate the bulky feeling of wearing a ton of clothing. Even if I just go out in a winter coat without the scarf, hat and gloves, it still is really hard to move around. On top of that, between going into warm buildings and going to the cold outdoors, it just feels like an exercise in constantly dressing and stripping whenever you go out in the winter. It's a huge hassle. Yeah, in summer, you go between two opposite extremes as well, but typically, you don't need to constantly put on and take off the same pieces of clothing anytime you enter or exit a building. At least I don't.

The other weather I hate is snow. It's slippery, wet and overall unpleasant. Yeah, the first time it falls, it can be exciting. But after the first three months, it's like, oh my god, go away, already! I think it's important to mention that I'm from Michigan. I don't live there anymore, but I did for over 20 years, so that affects my viewpoint. According to my family who lives there, there's already been a "blizzard." I'm not sure if it qualifies as an actual blizzard as I wan't there, but it's safe to assume that it was heavy snowfall. Actually, it snowed on Halloween in Michigan, at least where most of my friends and family live. On average, I think the snow tends to start in November and finally all melts in March. Sometimes it won't start until December and will melt as early as February, which I think is fair. But often? Four to five months. Five months is nearly half the year when we have snow. And of course, if there's snow, it has to be cold enough to foster snow, so snow = cold. And it makes it difficult to drive. And you go outside and the bottoms of your pants are constantly wet and cold. And it just looks so drab and depressing. Part of this has to do with the lack of light during the season, I know. But that combined with a lack of color makes it all the worse. It's like seeing the world in monochrome. At least if there were no snow, there'd be something more pleasant to look at.

Basically, the only thing I like about winter is that there's no bugs. But being that it's cold outside, they all just come into your house, instead. So even that advantage is debatable. I almost wish that Christmas were in February. People need something really happy and uplifting and colorful when they've suffered through 3 months of drudgery.

I also hate really sunny weather. I'm not a big fan of brightness, in general, so sunny weather is lame. I do like the warm and I appreciate that the natural light is a mood elevator. But I almost don't wanna go out of the house when it's so bright that I tear up.

Edited by Clover Heart

I almost like everything. I can love the cold, I just need cold in winter, but I also love it when it's a hot sunny day in summer. I wish I could move somewhere where you have both, like almost to the extreme.
The only thing I hate is drizzling rain.. I don't really hate rain, but drizzling rain.. Horrible. Especially when the wind also blows. Ew..  :yay:

• Brohoof 1