Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who collects the old G1 ponies? I do!

XxPegasisterxX

I collect G1 ponies and I wonder if I am the only one still loving G1? So far I have;

Candy floss

Peachy

Blossom

Applejack

Bow tie

Bluebell

And three fillies, one completely blue

One purple mane and pink main colour

One purple with pink mane.

Can I also have some help on identifying these fillies?

post-30729-0-10459500-1416396609_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

Garage sale hunting is probably your cheapest bet , also check out craigslists and see if people are selling them there. Another place you can go is a site called MLPArena. This is a place where MLP fans of all gens hang out and sell and trade their stuff. Of course there's ebay too.

Like I said I bought the majority of those G3 ponies pictures from like... 3 lots off ebay?

Although now I have several doubles.

• Brohoof 1

yes...actually I do....along with all the other generations....though I have only come to getting Skydancer from the G1's thanks to their rarity <- Import Fashion pony joke here)

though when I got her she was a little wrecked....I may fix her up in the future...

though on the other hand I have got quite a few G3's (I'm not counting)

and for the G2's this depends I have got only one G2 pony however I have a fair lot of G2 merch...I suppose it's what you see as (collecting them).

• Brohoof 1

There are a few on Ebay in good state for sale so I would recommend you get her from there (and I will think about replacing mine) though I may b able to fix her up a little

thugh the main ones I am on the lookout for (a pound or under(ish) seem to be the previous versions of the main/.mane <- pun,) six for example Firefly, Posey and surprise (and others).

• 2 weeks later...

I know, can't find them anywhere goddammit!

e-bay.  Scads of 'em.  Some pricey, some not.  Oddly, I like the G1 & G2 generation figures better than the Friendship is Magic ponies.  Especially the stuffies - especially the yarn hair stuffies.  With the exception of Macintosh, I don't feel that most of the vinyl figures capture the character essence of the MLP FIM characters.  I never liked the MLP earlier generations of the seriesas TV shows, FIM is great - the older ones, not so much.  I get saccharine overdose.  The FIM stuffies do better than the vinyl figures, but I still like those chunky, huggable older stuffies.  I don't feel like I need to keep 'em in a glass case!  YMMV

Edited by Foliha
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I love Gen 1 ponies but for some stupid reasons I tend to get alot of flack from Bronies about this. They seem to have this hatred for older ponies that I find to be ridiculous. I'm not bashing on them by any means I'm just confused why some fans go out of their way to hate on people who like older ponies.

• Brohoof 4

I collect G1 ponies and I wonder if I am the only one still loving G1? So far I have;

Candy floss

Peachy

Blossom

Applejack

Bow tie

Bluebell

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

They are lovely i have a lot of love for the previous gens and have a lot of t-shirts but as for the toys :/ i think i'm too young to appreciate them which is a shame :/

• 3 weeks later...

Candy floss

Peachy

Blossom

Applejack

Bow tie

Bluebell

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Are the three unidentified fillies blank flanks?  If so, I believe they are Ember.  She was the first baby pony HASBRO made and she came in those 3 color variations.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I do and I have so many more to get. Anyone who thinks they're ugly is trippin!

My Earth Ponies

post-37221-0-95890600-1461973493_thumb.jpg

My Boys. Note; That is not the real Ice Crystal, he's a grail custom.

post-37221-0-40172100-1461973555_thumb.jpg

My Pegasus:

post-37221-0-93103600-1461973630_thumb.jpg

My Unicorns:

post-37221-0-58038200-1461973703_thumb.jpg

My Sea Ponies and Flutter Pony. She needs new wings poor girl.

post-37221-0-31971600-1461973958_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 2

I got one of the Christmas ones with a G3 lot (Merry Treat I believe?), but I have only one that I specifically ordered, and her name is simply Bride IIRC:

g1ponybride2-1.jpg

• Brohoof 2

She's beautiful Envy! Congrats! :D

It hit me very shortly after I made that post and when I was heading for work that her name is actually Pony Bride.

Yes, she's beautiful! It's amazing how much variety there is to G1. I had no idea that lines existed with a taller model more akin to G3, but there did. I'm no G1 expert, so I don't know how many were made like her, but I just loved her and had to get her.

• Brohoof 1

It hit me very shortly after I made that post and when I was heading for work that her name is actually Pony Bride.

Yes, she's beautiful! It's amazing how much variety there is to G1. I had no idea that lines existed with a taller model more akin to G3, but there did. I'm no G1 expert, so I don't know how many were made like her, but I just loved her and had to get her.

There's not a lot of ponies in that pose, the Eyelash ponies are hilarious and I think the colorswirls are in that pose too.

ponylandpress.com is my favorite site for IDing. I think it's easier to navigate then dreamvalley

Edited by Leave a Whisper