Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who collects the old G1 ponies? I do!

XxPegasisterxX

1 hour ago, Lord Valtasar said:

i don't collect them.but i found an orange one inside an old chest-couch when i moved to my house, i think it was G1

Hum, Orange. If you look at the bottom of the hoof, you will see Hasbro or some identifier if it is G1. If you post a picture I can probably tell you who you have if it's G1.

• 2 weeks later...

I love seeing the G1 love here! I've collected them since I was a little kid. I wondered my way over to this forum from collector commubity forums mainly to see how Bronies feel about G1. I've gotten roughly 20 more this year,  but here was my collection photo as of Christmas last year, across all generations. I mainly collect white ponies and Big Brothers. I wish more G2 were more affordable. 

20180125_123952-1.jpg

Edited by Khoufu
  • Brohoof 2

On 8/13/2018 at 11:59 AM, Khoufu said:

I love seeing the G1 love here! I've collected them since I was a little kid. I wondered my way over to this forum from collector commubity forums mainly to see how Bronies feel about G1. I've gotten roughly 20 more this year,  but here was my collection photo as of Christmas last year, across all generations. I mainly collect white ponies and Big Brothers. I wish more G2 were more affordable. 

20180125_123952-1.jpg

i have gotten more ponies since then such as cotton candy and sunbeam and I am getting Twilight this week

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 7:01 PM, TwilySparks said:

I am not an expert collector on G1, but I own a few of the 35th Anniversary ponies. I really would like to find more of the vintage ones at stores like Goodwill, but they seem to be pretty hard to find!

Goodwill has a tendency to sell the G1s online because they're vintage. A decent sized locally owned thrift store or Savers would be a better bet, or yard sales or flea markets. Good luck! 

Edited by Khoufu
  • Brohoof 1

On 9/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, Khoufu said:

Goodwill has a tendency to sell the G1s online because they're vintage. A decent sized locally owned thrift store or Savers would be a better bet, or yard sales or flea markets. Good luck! 

I have had most luck with eBay I got like 15 ponies 

On 9/23/2018 at 8:20 PM, The Whiteraven said:

I have had most luck with eBay I got like 15 ponies 

Were they significantly cheaper than market value? There are some good deals on ebay, especially in lots, but usually market value of gen 1s is determined by ebay sold listings.

• Brohoof 1

I collect them! o/ I've been trying to slowly amass more G1s, and I think my G3s are in a box...somewhere. G1 and G3 are actually my favorites - I just love the chunky, cute bodies they have. ;u;

• 2 weeks later...

I've been finding some poor g1's at the thrift store somewhat recently, and rescuing them (also questioning who in their right mind would give these babies up).

aside from the 35th anniv. retros (Cotton Candy, Blue Belle, and Dancing Butterflies, Galaxy, Raincurl, Princess Tiffany, and BabyHalf Note, and Newborn Twins Rattles/ Tattles

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I have around 12, but they're displayed around my living room. It's like a Where's Waldo hunt for 80s memorabilia. I know I have Gusty, Glory, Skyflier, Sunbeam, and Sky Rocket. I know I have more, but those were the ones I could find the names for. Mine mostly seem to be the first and second year releases.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/29/2019 at 5:32 AM, Splashee said:

Yea, G1's, I have a few 350+. My newest being Sunburst (G1 Big Brother) in this awesome quality:
sunburstG1.jpg

I'm insanely jealous. He's gorgeous! Love the Mountain Boys! 

My most recent G1s are:

35th Sunlight (gift from my boyfriend)

The 35th Pretty Parlor (my daughter and I split it.)

Baby Racer (He's a grail of mine I never thought I'd get)

35th Moonstone (gift from my boyfriend)

Speedy

35th Moondancer (Feels good to have a pristine childhood favorite back)

Sea Breeze

Baby Sea Shimmer

And I've got 35th Tickle as well as Wind Drifter and a baity Honeysuckle on the way

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Leave a Whisper said:

Ice Crystal and Tornado too!  They are stunning and have such lovely hair and seem to be in such good condition. Wonderful photo Splashee! :wub:

Thanks. I am still missing Fireball and Thundercloud though!

• Brohoof 1