Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite way to counter troll anti bronies?

Adachi

I found a really effective way. If they call you a clopper (polite word for what they really say, starts with an h), and then they mention some sexually graphic scenario involving you and a pony, you can turn that around and tell them they're the one who brought it up, and they're obviously really into it, to describe it in such detail. They'll have no counter for it, I'm doing it to a troll right now and he's accusing me of trying to make him into a clopper, but I just told him "nope, I'm not making you anything, you're the one who brought the whole thing up, I said nothing of the kind". Bet he's gonna try to change the subject, can't wait to see how much further I can mess with his head xD

Edited by Overlord Valvatorez
  • Brohoof 6

Well, I have a notion of things I do to a Troll;

Plan 1: What you have already said - if that doesn't work then it's one of these V
Plan 2: Troll them back - Basically they try to troll you, you troll them back, doing something with a group of people listening and backing you up is funny when they start trolling you, you say something back and 5 other people start laughing at him/her.

Plan 3: Laugh and agree with them - they find it confusing when they call someone bad and and they go "Haha, you're so right! Haha!" and they just wonder off rethinking their lives.
Plan 4: Become Le Grammar Nazi - It's a failsafe, ignore everything they say, and point out and correct every single grammatical/punctual error they have in the way they're speaking/Typing.

Of course these can all be considered trolling too :S Use this information wisely!

Cthulhu is always watching!

Edited by Tempest Shift
  • Brohoof 3

Trolling trolls? I once was a troll and I used to troll troll trollers.

Trolls are people who you can't beat in their own field and with their own weapons. You need to lure them into your own kingdom where you have the power over them. I'm not much into trolling trolls anymore. I learned my lesson once and I don't want to go to that field anymore.

My ways to deal with them are

1. Ignore 

2. Love

I usually ignore because of my previous experiences

• Brohoof 4

Plan 4: Become Le Grammar Nazi - It's a failsafe, ignore everything they say, and point out and correct every single grammatical/punctual error they have in the way they're speaking/Typing.

Cthulu is always watching!

*Cthulhu

I'm going to ignore everything else you said out of principle.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I have a notion of things I do to a Troll;

Plan 1: What you have already said - if that doesn't work then it's one of these V

Plan 2: Troll them back - Basically they try to troll you, you troll them back, doing something with a group of people listening and backing you up is funny when they start trolling you, you say something back and 5 other people start laughing at him/her.

Plan 3: Laugh and agree with them - they find it confusing when they call someone bad and and they go "Haha, you're so right! Haha!" and they just wonder off rethinking their lives.

Of course these can all be considered trolling too :S Use this information wisely!

Cthulhu is always watching!

I've found another thing that can be done to really annoy them. Bring up every fallacy you see, and just stick to your guns. They will make themselves out to be the stupid ones, while you (and possibly others) will be laughing.

I love plan 4, and when they say,

"When did you become my teacher?" I say,

"When you started needing one."

I also love the plan 3, I have known this one for a long time, gets 'em every time!

Yup, I is an expert in the field of trolls/trolling the troll, my alternate Xbox account IS called Lt. Trollston XD

Edited by Tempest Shift

I personally like to scare them by taking their scenarios and bring in some very disturbing fetish content. However, since I don't think you want this to end up on a Pony Thread Simulator, I'll leave it at that...

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED

If someone is trying to troll me about me liking MLP: FiM, I just say: "okay" because i'm not going to give them the reaction they want.

What is my counter troll?

Well lets look shall we?

Thisishowyoutrolltrolls_zps1aac6d4c.jpg

The delicious bile I received for this was glorious to behold, and others were like like our buddy Arexion5293 here, who agreed that they had nothing new or interesting to troll with. 

• Brohoof 1

Simple: Do nothing.

Apparently that's too much to ask, since so many bronies get easily worked up by trolls, and actually respond to them. Aren't you supposed to NOT respond to trolls? You know, trolls! People who deliberately say dumb things to get attention. And for some reason many bronies still take their comments seriously.

Around 2011 and 2012, most bronies weren't offended by their comments. When they weren't ignoring them, they usually responded in a calm collected manner, with something more clever and less angry than "fuck you!!!!1 brony 4 lief", or an entire three paragraphs trying to defend their image.

What the hell happened?

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

Simple: Do nothing.

Apparently that's too much to ask, since so many bronies get easily worked up by trolls, and actually respond to them. Aren't you supposed to NOT respond to trolls? You know, trolls! People who deliberately say dumb things to get attention. And for some reason many bronies still take their comments seriously.

Around 2011 and 2012, most bronies weren't offended by their comments. When they weren't ignoring them, they usually responded in a calm collected manner, with something more clever and less angry than "fuck you!!!!1 brony 4 lief", or an entire three paragraphs trying to defend their image.

What the hell happened?

What happened is I got tired of people using the word autist and horsefucker in the same sentence. I am autistic, and quite sensitive about it.

What happened is I got tired of people using the word autist and horsefucker in the same sentence. I am autistic, and quite sensitive about it.

That's no excuse. You're just giving the trolls what they want. Reacting to them is what keeps them coming back, so you'd better just start dealing with it.

And before you say "You don't know what it's like!", I do have Asperger's Syndrome. However, that doesn't mean I have an obligation to react angrily to them.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 2

My favorite way is to laugh at their meaningless attempts to goad a response from me. Because that's what i do, leave them high and dry. The thought that i literally gave no look at their comment, while doing something productive - all done while they've spent a portion (however small) of their lifetime. To me, it essentially means i'm dragging them to their end, by not lifting a finger.

I NEVER, EVER post ponies on anything that is not pony related, because that causes so much debate and overall has nothing to do with the subject. So I wouldn't see why an anti-brony would go against me, right?

BUT, If I happen to get criticized over my profile image, then I would simply reply saying:

"I'm sorry, but I refuse to start a debate."

Then it ends. Sometimes they'll even say, "Oh, okay." 

Edited by Kilobyte The Pony

Usually I just block or ignore them-along with others I have no desire to interact with.

Trolls and anti-bronies thrive on attention, but the latter is usually more focused on hate than lulz, whether it be the show in general, the entire fandom, or just a small part of the fanbase.

Reacting to anti-bronies with hostility, the sense that you've been offended, or counter-trolling them with a response just seems to add fuel to the fire and waste time and energy that could be spent on actual important things.

Ultimately, not validating their existence is the worst thing you could do to them-in other words; don't feed the trolls has been my attitude towards them.

Edited by Ianpiersonjdavis
  • Brohoof 2

I use creativity in my responses. An anti brony kid I know who's autistic and is a big fan of Star wars did an online quiz thing called kahoot with me in English class today where you nickname yourself. I named myself Rainbow Dash, and the anti-brony was Darth Vader. I got first place, he got second. Another troll was being a jerk in my debate class, so I set him up with Five Nights at Freddy's 2. He hasn't messed with me since.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly? Just ignore them or mark as spam. I have nothing to gain but being just as bad as them by "counter trolling" them.

• Brohoof 3