Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello again! today I am posting an update the My Little Pony game I posted a while ago.

(I am still new here and still do not know if I am posting these things in the right place)

This game was and is mainly a project for me to see how far I can get, what I can accomplish and to see if people like it.

So far in this game there are three playable characters: Twilight, Luna, and last but certainly not least, Discord, Each character has different abilities, for example Luna can fly and Twilight cannot while Discord has multiple assorted powers such as flipping over houses and changing the time.

I have never seen a My Little Pony game that allows you to play as Discord, so I am proud to say that in this game you can indeed play as Discord and flip over some houses along with other assorted powers. 

Things added in this update:

*A Luna level

*Discord can now alter the time

*Changed/Fixed mouse sensitivity

*Multiple bug fixes

*unfortunately I am still lacking a proper name for the game.

Things that are soon to come:

*A changeling level, changelings will be able to do exactly as they do in the show, fly, magic, and turn into other ponies

*More houses and if I can accomplish it, ponyville in it's entirety, I have been slowly modelling houses and such things, any help with this would be greatly appreciated because as I am sure you can guess this is a very big project and is very time consuming for one person.

Please let me know what you think about this game :)

DOWNLOAD:    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ffyt37y3dovu3v/MLP+game.rar

The help topic for new ideas is here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/116630-a-my-little-pony-game-update-what-next/#entry3332381

Please actually read the "READ ME" file, it is very helpful.

Disclaimer: Although I made the game and most of the models, I did take a few resources from the web, all credits are in the read me file, or in the about section on the main menu. If by some odd chance you have come across this game and have created one of the things used in the game and you don't want it to be used in the game just tell me and I will remove it (I am not good with copyright and I don't want to piss anyone off)

Edited by pocketshotgun
  • Brohoof 3

(I am still new here and still do not know if I am posting these things in the right place)

I'm pretty sure this is the right place; I posted a game in this forum that I've spent the last two years working on, and the moderators never moved the thread.  I also didn't get a single warning...or any reply, really... :(

I'll let you know as soon as I can get the file extracted; I keep getting this "14-day trial expired" error when I try to open it...

I tried to download it but I can't extract it

As  A. Dazven said, WinRAR should work. If you are already using winRAR and it is not working, what does it say? is there any specific error message? I will need specific's if I am to fix something.

oooh this is rather cool, nice job on this, really like the look of it too as it still looks reminiscent of the show. Will be following the progress made on this for sure, good choice putting it on Unity too, I rather love the capabilities of that engine.

Thanks for the input! it is always nice to know when your work is appreciated :)

I'm pretty sure this is the right place; I posted a game in this forum that I've spent the last two years working on, and the moderators never moved the thread.  I also didn't get a single warning...or any reply, really... :(

I'll let you know as soon as I can get the file extracted; I keep getting this "14-day trial expired" error when I try to open it...

Two years is a long time to wait for a reply.. If you send me a link to the game you have been working on I'd love to give it a try myself and let you know what I think :)

• Brohoof 1

Are you using WinRAR? Worked fine for me with that.

As  A. Dazven said, WinRAR should work. If you are already using winRAR and it is not working, what does it say? is there any specific error message? I will need specific's if I am to fix something.

I am using a Mac so I can't use winRAR unfortunately, unless the game isn't compatible on Mac (I know, not the best choice to play a game on  :blink: )

I am using a Mac so I can't use winRAR unfortunately, unless the game isn't compatible on Mac (I know, not the best choice to play a game on  :blink: )

Not a problem, personally I do not use a mac so I would not know myself, but what type of file would a mac accept? If you want to try it I can send a copy to you that should specifically work for mac.

I have ExpressZIP; if WinRaR is a free download or cheap, I could get that.  What I ended up doing is finding another computer and using that to extract it, instead.

Thanks for the input! it is always nice to know when your work is appreciated :)

Two years is a long time to wait for a reply.. If you send me a link to the game you have been working on I'd love to give it a try myself and let you know what I think :)

Here's the link to the thread for my game:  http://mlpforums.com/topic/114199-fangame-weather-factory-meltdown/  Actually, I didn't wait two years for a reply---well, not exactly.  You see, I've spent two years building the game engine; I posted it just a couple weeks ago or so.  I was hoping to start a collab and build it up into something more epic...but I guess I should've done a better job advertising it, in retrospect.

In any case, I'm still working on it---currently trying to make an editor that lets the user create their own playable characters.

Now that I've gotten your game decompressed, I've played as all three characters, and the game engine is pretty impressive---you've got the cartoony look down with the borderlines, and being able to manipulate blocks has a lot of potential.  Of course, if you want to expand this into something bigger, you'll need to decide which features to add---will there be learning spells, melee combat, dialog, fetch quests, physics puzzles, etc?  I hope you go on with this project, because it's got a lot of potential!

I discovered the following bugs, though---I'm not trying to harsh on the game by listing them here; I just figure it's best to list them:

>> The Quit button's hitbox isn't over the quit button's graphic

>> The first time I played as Twilight, when trying to cross the bridge, she got stuck---she wouldn't walk in any direction, though I could use the mouse to aim in any direction.  The same thing happened to me when I played as Luna and tried to get off the bridge; if I had to guess, I'd say that it's not responding correctly when the player character touches terrain that's too steep.  I tried testing this by restarting and walking Twilight into a hill, but she just climbed the hill properly.

>> Albeit her hooves clipped down into the terrain when walking uphill.

>> When I was playing as Twilight, I hit escape, but when I got to the menu, I couldn't see my mouse pointer.  This seems to happen every time I try to get to the menu from gameplay.

>> When I was playing as Discord, I hit escape, but that only stopped the music; it didn't take me to the menu.  I needed to use control+alt+delete to get out of the game.

Even with all of this being said, the foundation you've got here is good---this could become an epic, excellent game, if you want to put in the effort and take your project in that direction.

Not a problem, personally I do not use a mac so I would not know myself, but what type of file would a mac accept? If you want to try it I can send a copy to you that should specifically work for mac.

Mac's usually go good with DMG files, but I don't want you to have to go out of your way to save the game to a new file, so if it doesn't happen don't worry about it  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again! today I am posting an update the My Little Pony game I posted a while ago.

This game was and is mainly a project for me to see how far I can get, what I can accomplish and to see if people like it.

So far in this game there are three playable characters: Twilight, Luna, and last but certainly not least, Discord, Each character has different abilities, for example Luna can fly and Twilight cannot while Discord has multiple assorted powers such as flipping over houses and changing the time.

I have never seen a My Little Pony game that allows you to play as Discord, so I am proud to say that in this game you can indeed play as Discord and flip over some houses along with other assorted powers. 

Things added in this update:

*A Luna level

*Discord can now alter the time

*Changed/Fixed mouse sensitivity

*Multiple bug fixes

*unfortunately I am still lacking a proper name for the game.

Things that are soon to come:

*A changeling level, changelings will be able to do exactly as they do in the show, fly, magic, and turn into other ponies

*More houses and if I can accomplish it, ponyville in it's entirety, I have been slowly modelling houses and such things, any help with this would be greatly appreciated because as I am sure you can guess this is a very big project and is very time consuming for one person.

Please let me know what you think about this game :)

DOWNLOAD:    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ffyt37y3dovu3v/MLP+game.rar

Please actually read the "READ ME" file, it is very helpful.

Disclaimer: Although I made the game and most of the models, I did take a few resources from the web, all credits are in the read me file, or in the about section on the main menu. If by some odd chance you have come across this game and have created one of the things used in the game and you don't want it to be used in the game just tell me and I will remove it (I am not good with copyright and I don't want to piss anyone off)

So I have worked on little things in the game for a while but I don't really know where to take the game and it is just sitting on my computer... so I'm wondering, what do you guys(or girls) think I should do with it? what should be added next? new maps? new characters? a storyline? (if so what) or something entirely different?I am just lost as to what to add here so I am looking for your help.

The help topic is here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/116630-a-my-little-pony-game-update-what-next/#entry3332381

Thanks!

Edited by pocketshotgun