Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your first Con experience

DATA EXPUNGED

Let me start by saying that I have been going to cons long beforeI was a brony, with my first convention being the San Diego Comic-Con 2000 when I was about 6. All i can say was that it was the greatest thing a six year old could ever experience, since then i have been to numerous cons. However, i hadn't been to BronyCon until January 2012 (the one at hotel Pennsylvania NYC). However, i found that most of the cosplays were awkward... there were a few really good ones though. Anyway, i want to know how your first Con experience was, pony related or not. 

The first (and only) convention I went to is Avcon, an anime and video game convention. I went down there around 2012 after one of my old school friends told me if he wanted to go and do stuff there. I mostly browsed around the little shop isles and joined a video game tournament, but it is one of the best places I've been to ever. One thing I also remember about Avcon is it took place during the Olympics, and I got one of those limited Olympic glasses at McDonalds when getting dinner.

There's another convention called Supanova, but I never got the chance to go there, even if all of my friends have.

Let me start by saying that I have been going to cons long beforeI was a brony, with my first convention being the San Diego Comic-Con 2000 when I was about 6. All i can say was that it was the greatest thing a six year old could ever experience, since then i have been to numerous cons. However, i hadn't been to BronyCon until January 2012 (the one at hotel Pennsylvania NYC). However, i found that most of the cosplays were awkward... there were a few really good ones though. Anyway, i want to know how your first Con experience was, pony related or not. 

Never been to one.

All of the images I see for them are of really long lines and I don't particularly care for waiting in long lines that I had to pay money to wait in.

Edited by MetaKnight145

Never been to one.

All of the images I see for them are of really long lines and I don't particularly care for waiting in long lines that I had to pay money to wait in.

True Enough, however, I like cons for seeing the cool stuff and people. I usually wait till the last hour of the cons last day to buy stuff because its the least busy time, the rest of the time, i usually just stroll about, and awe at the sights and such. Its a good place to Nerdgasm in public. 

My very first convention was Anime Detour 2010. I had a great time there, and got to spend it with some friends. Nowadays, I go to conventions alone and it kind of sucks. It really sucks when your friends are there, but you all go off and do your own thing and you're the only one who doesn't make new friends.

But, it's okay! At least I have the discount Manga I bought from last convention! #ForeverAlone

66395__safe_twilight-sparkle_crying_fore

On a side not, one of my favorite parts of going to any type of convention is the cosplay. Whether it be ponies, superheroes, or anime characters people tend to make some really nifty costumes! Also, just being surrounded by people in the same fandom as you is always fun. I like going into the Dealer's Room for the first time and just being awestruck by all of the cool stuff. 

Edited by Mikami

I started going to cons last year.  I went to Comic-con in Dallas, and it was pretty cool.

Bought a PSN pre-paid card, rainbowdash socks, pinkie pie comic, and a bunch of wolf stickers.

G-Fest 2005, a Godzilla/Kaiju convention in Chicago. This was a big year in giant monster films, as it was the year Godzilla: Final Wars, the last Godzilla movie, came out. I bought a bunch of exclusive figures & DVDs/VHS at the dealers hall, played some rare video games, got to the second round of the Godzilla:Save the Earth video game tournament, and got to watch Godzilla vs. Hedorah & the American debut of Final Wars on the big screen.  Didn't like the first film to begin with, so the big screen feel didn't help, but Final Wars was awesome. I got all the subtle references, enjoyed the action, and joined the enitre theater in cheering when american 'Zilla from '98 faced off against the real Godzilla, and got his ass kicked into the Sydney opera house and was promptly incarcerated. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

I went to a toy convention called Santa Rosa Toy Con during the summer this year. It was fun. I wore a Minion hat and a Regular Show "Haters Gonna Hate" t-shirt. Some celebrity guests include Ernie Hudson, Jon Provost from "Lassie", and John Kricfalusi (creator of Ren and Stimpy) was there. Notable cosplays I saw include the Witch from the Wizard of Oz, Finn from Adventure Time, Thor, and Misty from Pokemon. There were lots of Star Wars merchandise, a vendor selling rubber ducks, real moving R2D2s, a vendor selling big plushes, a vendor selling plushes that you can't find nowadays, LEGOs, and some art work. I am highly considering attending BABSCon 2015 for at least one day (possibly Saturday). I'm thinking of wearing a Maud Pie t shirt.

Here is some footage of Santa Rosa Toy Con:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oN0N1V-ArJs

The R2D2s: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YHcGM_9jhuE