Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst weather that happens in your area?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Here, in Portugal, where I live, we don't have snow.

People tend to think that is all sun and rainbow here, but it's not. I don't like to compare the weather between countries since all the people from different countries are used to different temperatures, weathers and so on...

But, here in Portugal, the worst you can have is when it rains for days...

Just this week, we had rain through the last 4 days with only 3-5 breaks of 15 minutes in between.

Portugal has a tendency for floods, at least, around the area I live. The worst part is that we don't have a reason not to go to school, unless the flood happens (which I can't remember happening where I live. around here, 1'000 floods, where I live, 0,000001% chance...).

Anyways, we also get hail from time to time (around once a month during winter).

Once, I remember, I was in school till 6.30 pm. During my last class, it starter raining, hailing and a huge thunderstorm close by.

We were pretty scared since we didn't want to be stuck in school because of the storm. When it rang, the storm had ended. We got out and saw everything white. We, for a moment, thought it was snow...

But no, just hail...

We started throwing hailstones at each others (those hurt...).

Also, it looked like this (not an actual picture, but just an example).

LinvilleHail.jpg

The weather here is pretty safe, and for a guy who wanted to be a meteorologist in elementary, it just isn't very exciting. I can recall a few bad thunderstorms, but that's it. From what I've heard, tornadoes spawn more often south of town where it's much more flat....right? *coughs*

I wouldn't say that I am living in China, but for now I will probably stay there for a while...

I am just going to say that the cloudy weather in Beijing just depressed me a lot. Everytime I try to look up the sky, There are just clouds and clouds, I could hardly find sunny days now . The air pollution there even make it difficult to breath. It is just .....deppresing, It feels that I am condemned to be trapped in this tiny box forever, with no hope to fight back....very fit to the chinese political enviroment , though.

Hopefully, I don't live there now. A more modest near sea city just fit me better....even so , it still seems hard to taste a fresh air nowaday. I don't know how far the air pollution will be as it continues.

Edited by Monsieur Noel

Born-and-bred New Yorker. Typically, the worst kind of weather we get is rain with plenty of lightning.

But two years ago, we were at the epicenter of Superstorm Sandy. Both the hurricane and Nor'easter collided right on top of the city, resulting in seventy-plus-mile-per-hour gusts and even higher that stayed stable until that evening. It got so bad that a construction crane sitting above the heart of Midtown dangled above West 57th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues. It was the first time that I actually got scared of the weather.

Two year prior to that, New York was hit with abnormal weather. On a pretty humid, yet cool day, thick clouds hovered above us, and the sky was an icky green. I went into the subway, and as I went back home, hundreds of people were soaking wet, and I didn't know what happened. When I checked the news, I found out that two tornadoes — one in Park Slope, the other in Forest Hills — and a microburst — in Bushwick — hit the city.

Freaking heat. I freaking hate summer. I'm that weirdo that actually likes winter. So, when people say they had a "terrible" or "bad" winter, I'm always snarky enough to say, "You mean 'great' or 'good' winter!"

Hey east coast! Send me all that "horrible snow" you're complaining about!

Freaking heat. I freaking hate summer. I'm that weirdo that actually likes winter. So, when people say they had a "terrible" or "bad" winter, I'm always snarky enough to say, "You mean 'great' or 'good' winter!"

Hey east coast! Send me all that "horrible snow" you're complaining about!

I'm probably in a position to say that the place I live in has "bad" winters, according to your definition.

The only way to distinguish winter from the summer here is to notice that the time that the sun rises/sets changes throughout the year.

• Brohoof 1

l had a school days years ago, where it was 12 PM and it was dark outside like late evening. Why? Deep black clouds and every 2 seconds lightning and thunders ... pretty scaring, the electricity from the school turned even off and we got sooner out

Or last december, so much heavy storm and snow, heavy wind, some areas flooded, thunder and lightnings ... and yep, I travelled still to my father, instead of 2 and a half hour travel it was more then 4 hours ... lols

In Pennsylvania, US I think the worst we get is cold, windy winters. The snow isn't so bad, but it can get pretty cold and then there's wind tacked on, which makes it worse. Otherwise, i like winter and summer isn't too bad (only a little humid).

Well, I live in WNY, next to the great lakes, so I'd say snow. Lots and lots of snow. Even the rain doesn't get that bad. A mild winter here is like 45 degrees. It takes more than 2 feet and sub zero temps to close schools and businesses. Whereas in the south a dusting would cause people to panic and driving bans. Haha, weaklings I kid, I kid. :P

• Brohoof 1

I live near the coast so there's a ton of wind all year round. The winters are becoming milder and milder, no snow, no ice, no nothing. The summers are great, they're warm and beautiful. I guess the worst you can expect here is a ton of wind that makes the rain hit you like bricks, an ocassional ending supercell storm comes my way too. I could wish for warmer weather though, 40 degrees Celcius would be such a dream come true.

Being in england, it varies very slightly in the middle ground, so is just very disappointing in general but the worst weather that happens in my area is that we get stupidly heavy hail or rainfall in the winter season, and since my town has a river running through the centre, it floods and freezes out half the roads over night.

• 1 month later...

Tornadoes. A big one hit Moore, OK last year and killed a couple dozen people and about 7 kids when it demolished an elementary school. That and summers are usually unreasonably hot. Like 100+ degrees Fahrenheit. For days and days.

• Brohoof 1

Tornadoes. A big one hit Moore, OK last year and killed a couple dozen people and about 7 kids when it demolished an elementary school. That and summers are usually unreasonably hot. Like 100+ degrees Fahrenheit. For days and days.

That's not even the first time that happened in Moore. In general, I can't understand why people live in that area... But you know, I can't understand why people live in this state, period. lol

Don't forget the year where it got down to -30 during the winter and then got up to 118 during the summer (all just one county north of me), breaking both the overall record low and high all in the same year. It also got up to 80 degrees not even one week after after the -30 low, so... This place is insane.