Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst weather that happens in your area?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

I live in a coastal city at a low-plain terrain. We rarely have any snow here (i think the last blizzard that was seen here was 30 years ago, well before i was born anyway), but we do get terrible thunderstorms. I'm talking floods, strong winds, punishingly cold rain and hail. 

I absolutely love it! I love the rain. Don't like the hail so much, but i guess it can't be helped sometimes.

Hm, depends on what you consider bad weather. I hate the sun, so I prefer overcast and/or rainy days. The summer is the worst weather I get, IMO. :derp:

Snowstorms tend to be really bad where I live. We're actually suppose to be getting a real bad one tonight, and have been predicted to have a horrible winter overall (no surprise) It gets pretty bad every winter, so nothing's really new.

Since we are now having a VERY bad Winter so far, it has already snowed and gotten down nearly below freezing. I live in Ohio, USA and our Winters get very bad. Last year it got down to waaaaay below freezing and the wind chills were dangerous to be in. We were not allowed to even be on the roads unless it was absolute emergency only. They even told us that frost bite was likely to happen quickly.

Our Winter has now started very early. Its suppose to still be fall right now :/ and still leaves everywhere and it looking orange, red, yellow, brown, and other fall colors. Not only do we get bad Winters, we also get some pretty bad wind storms here. We had a wind storm that was equivalent to a tornado and did the same damages a tornado would do. It tore apart some houses, huge trees fell on cars, houses, etc. It blew so much things from people's yards to god knows where. We were left powerless for a week, nearly 2 weeks.

So around your area, whats the worst you get when it comes to the weather? 

I live in Canada, and today, it was -24 degrees (celcius) It is even colder with the wind chill (like -30)

• Brohoof 1

It's usually ridiculously hot in Hawaii (80 degrees Fahrenheit on average, ~30 Celcius), but it's recently been unbearably cold for a pacific dweller like me. Like 60 degrees cold.

Yeah, I'm kind of a wimp.

In Grand Rapids, MI - the worst weather we have on an annual basis is during our winters. Right now it is 7 degrees with a windchill that puts us below zero. This is mostly due to the Lake Effect from Lake Michigan and the cold air from the North. I here we are due for a major snow storm later this afternoon! I myself don't mind the cold.  :)

It can get very, VERY rainy and freezing here.

And when it starts to snow, often TONS of that white stuff starts falling.

But especially during winter the weather can be a troll. Which means you look out the window and see a cloudless sky with a bright sun. Then you actually go outside and you start to slip into the magical land of hypothermia

I live in South Eastern England.

It's mostly pretty mild. It rarely goes below 0°C in the winter (or at least not during the day), or above 30°C in the summer.

Some winters (maybe a couple of times per decade) we might have an especially severe bout of snow, but even then it rarely gets above 5 to 10 cm deep. It's just the ice that forms afterwards which can be problematic, because I happen to live somewhere very hilly. Ice and hills can be treacherous underfoot.

In the summer we occasionally officially have droughts but they're more caused by water companies mismanaging reservoirs rather than seriously dry weather.

This morning was pretty annoying. It was raining pretty hard when I was taking the kids to school (the round trip is probably 2 km) so I ended up getting unbelievably soaked. Had to completely change clothes (even underwear!) when I got back home.

-40 degrees Celsius

Interestingly, -40 is the only temperature where you don't need to specify Celsius or Fahrenheit.

-40°F = -40°C.

And not just approximately - exactly!

I'm not sure why humans would choose to live in such conditions.

Edited by Vital Spark