Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst weather that happens in your area?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Well It hasn't really been that bad in Missouri. It snowed about 2 or 3 times. Most of the time, it melted before 1pm.

It has been nice not having to shovel snow or ice with a 10-20 year old shovel for once. :okiedokielokie:

I have been wearing shorts up until today. Am I crazy? :blink: Maybe but today is really the first time it hit 0 degrees. Last year was worse. This year, You wake up around Christmas and New Years and it was fairly warm outside.

Edited by RainbowDarth

I live in Indiana, and this state likely has my least favorite weather than any other state i've lived in (California, Washington, Rhode Island, Michigan, Illinois). It was -20 last night and this morning.

Usually the weather here is unproblematic all year, but a couple days ago we just had the biggest snowfall in 78 years for our region. So that I guess.

Very rarely, we experience a thunderstorm over here, but they don't last that long... This place is just pretty neutral when it comes to weather, I guess. Neutral... but rainy... :P

Right now actually it's happening. In Illinois for the last few days, it has dropped to below freezing like 0 degrees with -20 degree wind chill.

I got school canceled for 2 days because of it and today it hurt to go out to the bus stop due to fear of getting frostbite.

I can handle a little snow as long as it's not icy kind of snow. 

But when it drops to this low in the temperature, get me out of here.

I live in Holland, the worst weather we usually have isn't the occasional storm, it's the never-ending rainy days. Especially from Autumn until mid-spring, it rains all the goddamn time, for weeks sometimes. Even when it stops in-between, it still doesn't have a chance to dry up at all before it rains again.

I've been back and forth between Illinois and Iowa as of late, and I'd say the super cold temperatures in the winter (and the windchill... ugh.. evil windchill) are pretty bad. Also, tornadoes are a possibility here too. 

• 4 years later...

I would say European Windstorms. We also can have heavy Thunderstorms and even Tornados (but not so heavy than in the USA), but they Tornados are not the norm here (I only experienced one Tornado in my life). But European Windstorms are often a big problem here, especially in autumn and winter time.

• 3 weeks later...

We just get a lot of rain and high winds. And the occasional hurricane that causes everyone to have to evacuate, but ends up turning last minute and completely going around us, making the evacuation a huge waste of time.

• 2 months later...

Indiana weather doesn't make any sense, that could be the worst aspect of it all. Some years during the spring we may get severe weather with possible tornadoes, other years we could get snow in April. Sometimes we have constant 60 degree (F) weather during the winter, other times we could get ice storms and tons of snow. Our severe weather season was once Spring, then it became Autumn for some reason and now we don't even know.

That is basically the worst aspect, unpredictability. Ninja weather always lurking in the shadows, ready to strike us Hoosiers. 1050795071_NinjaEmote.png.95e60f51d3fdb0f4898ca595fe774cf5.png