Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Cutie Mark Crusade!

Storm Shine

@@Blitz Boom

"Hey Blitz, what about this?" Storm asked, holding out what looked like a piece of blue grass, "I found this kinda recently, and the bugs always steer clear of it... I think they find it stinky or something... Imma call it Blue-Cheese Grass!" He chuckled, looking at the odd plant.

@@Blitz Boom, @, @,

"I reckon as long as we don't set Sweet Apple Acres on fire, we'll do fine, Blitz," Apple Bloom reassured her. "Oh, won't Applejack be proud of us!"

"Why don't we surprise her?" Sundae suggested. "From the looks of things, she seems to be a hard worker on the farm. She could use a little rest."

"Great idea, Sundae!" Apple Bloom smiled. "We've got smoke and smelly grass now. Those six-legged varmints better watch out for the Cutie Mark Crusader Exterminators!"

"I'm convinced," Brownie beamed. "Where do we start?"

@@Yoshi89@@Blitz Boom,@,

"Yays!" Grey exclaimed, doing a backflip. "That sounds like a great idea! Though should we spread out, or group together... Maybe start on one end of the farm and work our way across? Or maybe we should work in a spiral...." Grey lost himself in thought of how to get it done effectively. Storm chuckled and scooped grey onto his head, since his back was occupied by Pinkie. "Why don't we go over there before we start deciding on what to do?" He reasoned.

@, @@Yoshi89, @@Blitz Boom,

"Even better!" Apple Bloom agreed. "Once we get to the farm, I reckon we'll have a better idea on how to tackle our pest problem." She took a head count of all the blank-flanked foals, then lead the way out of town towards Sweet Apple Acres. "All right, everypony, come with me. We've got a farm to fumigate!"

Flying behind the group, he listens to them to have an idea of where they are going, smudge laying on his back just watches in a bored fashion. "OK, smoke bombs. That seems a lot smarter than blowing everything up. Anywho, what kind of pests are these? We don't get much h in terms of pests in cloudsdayle."

@,

@,

@@Yoshi89,

Blitz looked at the blue grass with big eyes, then used her horn to float it over to her hoof where she could have a better look at it.

"Yes... I think I can make something. Ehehehe, definatly."

She tucked the grass in under one of her metallic wings and looked back up at Storm.

"I just need to get to the crate, mix a few things and get this grinded. Bet it's gonna work then."

She made sure to tell Apple Bloom the same so she knew why Blitz would part from the group when near the area of the clubhouse. No need for all of them to wait for her getting some things prepped.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom

Storm nodded with a smile, almost dislodging Grey from his head by accident. "Do you need any help Blitz? I could give you a ride back to your shack, or help with transport or something if you'd like..." He offered helpfully. "Though I understand if you want to get it done yourself..."

@, @, @@Blitz Boom,

"Oh, just the usual maggots an' moths, One-Way." Apple Bloom said as the group approached the farm. "Nuttin' a little grass or smoke can cure."

"What about that?" Brownie said, pointing to a beehive on one of the apple trees.

"Not all pests are bad, Brownie," Apple Bloom told him. "We need bees to pollinate the flowers and make honey."

"Then we'd better watch where we get rid of your pests, Cousin," Babs said.

"We'll start as soon as Blitz comes back," Apple Bloom told everypony.

Edited by Yoshi89

@@Yoshi89,

@,

@,

(before taking off)

"It's okay Storm. I know what I'm doing. Sorta."

With that, Blitz sped off towards the clubhouse whilst the other went on towards the farm, trying to get the things sorted in her head about what to do.

(when she would return)

The speeding Blitz ran past them once more and this time collided with a bucket before getting slowed down entirely.

"Ouchies..."

She shook the bucket off her head and wandered over to the other, a sturdy bag the size of her head being carried with her teeth showing once said bucket had released it's hold on her. When she got over to the others, she carefully put it down on the ground and released her hold, at which point it would open slightly and one of four round, bark containers rolled out. The observant ones would see the resemblance to the rainbow smoke bomb she had set off at the train station, although these were bigger and had a string attached to them rather than a fuse.

"Ugh, I really need to slow down faster... Anyway, I got something made. No idea if it'll work, but drop these from the air or toss 'em real hard into something and the smoke will start bursting out in pretty colours with the weird, grass thingie to it. Might make it smell bad, but that's the fun in testing."

It was clear that there wasn't nearly enough to cover the farm, Perhaps a fifth if targeted just right and everything went smooth, but more than likely it'd last for just about an eight or so of Apple Acres. Hopefully not the part where Briar was though. She couldn't see him right now, but she knew he'd be here somewhere and the weird smoke might make him defensive if he wasn't warned about it. Perhaps she'd go find him when the smoke bombs were shared out? Depended on what they'd want her to do she guessed.

@@Blitz Boom

Storm chuckled, "Should I help you learn some better reaction time?" He asked, patting Blitz's head softly. "Maybe that'd keep you from getting the bucket on your head next time..." Storm said with a friendly smile. Grey was off to the side laughing on the ground, before one of his flailing hooves hit the same bucket that Blitz had run into. The bucket flew into the air, landing on his head as he got back up.

"Gah!" Grey exclaimed, "DA~D, HWELP ME GET THIS OFFA MAHY HEAD~!" He echoed through the bucket. Storm looked at Grey with a chuckle, quickly snatching the bucket off his head. Grey looked up at Storm now that his head was bucket-less, as Storm gave him a muffin. "Thanks dad!" He chirped, giving Storm a quick hug before running over to the rest of the Crusaders with the muffin in his mouth.

@@Blitz Boom, @, @,

"Yeah, I hate it when that happens, too," Sundae chuckled. "Hey, Brownie, remember the time you got your head stuck in my dollhouse?"

"I'd rather forget," Brownie blushed.

"We better test these in a controlled area first," Apple Bloom suggested. "Blitz, follow me. I'm gonna mark an X over where I think we'll dispose of the most varmints."

The rest of the crusaders followed Apple Bloom off the dirt path and continued through the orchard, stopping in an area surrounded by trees.

"So, Blitz," Chip wanted to know. "This invention of yours, it's safe around ponies, isn't it?"

@,

@@Yoshi89,

@@Concerto Dusk,

Blitz almost couldn't hold back the laughter when she saw Grey with the bucket on his head, having to get help to get it off again, but she just barely managed to keep it to a giggle behind the hooves she had put in front of her mouth. Her eyes said a lot though,a nd it was clear the amusement she had found in that.

After a bit she got herself under more control and was about to respond to Storm Shine about her admittedly bad reaction timing when she was trying to come to a quick halt when Apple Bloom started talking to her and her focus went over to her instead. The mention of testing was also a factor though, she couldn't avoid that sparking her interest as well.

While following Apple Bloom through the orchard to where the country filly wanted to test one of the bug bombs (she needed to think of a better name later) Blitz looked around ti see if she could eye Briar anywhere, but when they got to a halt she still hadn't seen him. Oh well, big orchard, likely he was just in another part of it. Was for the best really so that they were all spread out to do maximum assistance with the bugs.

She was contemplating going over and tap one of the apple trees they stood at to see if there were bugs just crawling on it when Chip interrupted the line of thought and she grinned to him instead.

"Oh yeah, Totally safe. I test all my stuff at home first, and I got rid of the part of the smoke that turned you purple for three days. As well as the nausea, most of the rare allergic reactions, and there's only like a 10% chance now that somepony will start burping coloured bubbles for 5 minutes or so. It's really good odds."

Blitz grinned at him even wider as she started to tell of the, mostly former, side effects of her bombs. Considering that she used mostly unknown plants from the Everfree Forest there was always something wrong to begin with she had to fix. Everything between getting a hiccup to growing three more tails for a week could happen, so she always made sure to test it so that she would know from personal experience, then try to weed out the things that were likely to happen down to unlikely or gone.

"Not sure what the grass will do, but tried a little before mixing it in. A bit sour in it, but nothing happened. Might be it'll mess up some of the colours or leave a weird smell or taste, but what's the fun in knowing everything? We'll set it off, then... Ehehehehe."

She clapped her front hooves together in excitement at the thought.

"Then we'll let the bugs taste the rainbow."

@@Blitz Boom

Storm and Pinkie chuckled and giggled respectively at the adorable filly's mad scientist look, which simply seemed to make her even more cute. Pinkie pulled Blitz into a big hug, "You're soo Cute Blitz~!" She squealed happily, shaking side to side. "Pinkie, you might wanna let her breath..." Storm interjected, noticing that the pink mare was squeezing a bit too tightly. "Oopsies, sorry Blitzy..." Pinkie apologized, loosening her hold before putting the explosion-loving filly back onto the ground.

@, @@Blitz Boom, @@Concerto Dusk,

Babs chuckled at Pinkie hugging Blitz. "Wow, Pinkie," she exclaimed. "You and Blitz seem closer than me and Apple Bloom. Speaking of which, are we ready to take care of the pests?"

"I reckon she's worked very hard, cousin," Apple Bloom said. "What are we waiting for? Let's have Blitz work her explosion magic!"

@,

@@Yoshi89,

@@Concerto Dusk,

Blitz got a dopey look on her face after Pinkie had let her go and she swayed a little from side to side.

"Woozy..."

She needed as moment to gather herself while the blood went down from her head and her breath became more regular again after the crushing hug, but she shook back into reality quickly enough again to hear what Babs and Apple Bloom were going on about. Especially the last part, which gave her a grin on her face that bordered on the insane line.

"This is gonna be fun! Stand back everypony."

Blitz closed her eyes, focused and a light grew at the tip of her horn, embraced the modified bomb and rose it up into the air. Up, up, Up!,... And a little down when she lost her focus shortly, but she got it again before it hit the ground prematurely, and rose it way up again. She would need the impact power to get it done just right. Eventually, she was satisfied enough with the height and opened her eyes to look up at the swaying bomb.

"Let the show... begin!"

With that she let go of the magic and stood still as the bomb fell down to the marked area just in front of her, wanting to be at ground zero of whatever would happen with this one, too curious to stand back.

It would take 1-2 seconds to hit the ground, and when it did, it would crack open and spread out a thick, multicoloured cloud of smoke in all directions. It would look fantastic, and the smells and tastes would mostly range around flowery and fruity, but there would also be an underlying odour of something bitter amongst the otherwise good sensations which frankly, would ruin the experience some.

When the cloud would disperse they would be able to see Blitz standing still, now coloured like a rainbow lolly and smelling like a bucket of citrus and strawberry essence had been tossed over a smouldering camp fire.

@@Blitz Boom,

The group looked all around where the smoke spread out, taken by the sweet fumes.

"I bet the smell is so powerful, the bugs will have no choice but to get away from the farm," Babs said.

"Well, everypony," Apple Bloom suggested. "Let's look around where the fumes spread out. I reckon if we can't find any pests, we'll all get our cutie marks for sure!"

@@Blitz Boom,

Storm chuckled as he trotted over to Blitz, "Are you okay Blitz?" He asked, hoping that the change of color and smell was as bad as the side-effects would get. 

@@Yoshi89,  

"Alright!" Grey cheered, "Let's go see what we can find!" He ran off in search of pesky insects. "Alright, those bugs don't stand a chance against us!" Scootaloo exclaimed, slapping her hooves together with a grin before she too ran off to search for bugs.

Edited by Storm Shine

"I'll wait right here, since I really can't see any pests. You know? Can't see to find them so, yeah, maybe smudge can help though."

Smudge gives Oneway a dirty like then jumps off to start searching for any remains of pests in the area.

"Best I can do, sorry guys."

@@Concerto Dusk,

@,

@@Yoshi89,

"A...Aaa..."

Blitz's head slowly jerked backwards while the sound escaped her more and more open mouth.

"Choo!"

In sharp contrast to how fast her head had gone backwards it now jerked forward as the sneeze finally let go of it's hold in her. Nothing really happened though. No explosions, no fire through her nostrils or even a stream of bubbles through her mouth. For all it looked like, the only side effect she was suffering under were the rainbow dust that covered her that a good, solid shake would likely get rid of and the smell. Not much to do about That though beyond a bath.

"Hehe, got some in my nose, tickled."

She was surprised that there wasn't any side effects, but that was just good really. Meant that the grass hadn't been as volatile as some of the other stuff she picked up and had only added a bit of bitter and perhaps some bug repellent.

"And I'm okay. Not got any extra tails or nothing, just the usual, so everything is a-okay."

She shook a little, making some flakes of the dust break off, but since she had been at ground zero it'd take some more before it was all off. Blitz didn't seem to care right now though and instead did like Apple Bloom asked her, which was wandering off in search of bugs.

Before walking off, she placed the three remaining smoke bombs in her bag near One Way.

"If you stay, do you think you could guard this? Just so I don't forget where I put it?"

She didn't wait for a response before she took off in her own direction.

The remnants of the rainbow dust would scatter in the wind within an hour or so, depending on the weather of course, but even if some stayed around it was harmless. It couldn't plant itself since there wasn't any seeds, just crushed plants, and what she usually did to them to make them more capable of being used as explosives and the likes tended to render the dust little more than flavoured and scented powder.

Still, she looked high, she looked low, she looked into a fallen down apple just to be on the safe side, but she couldn't really find a bug anywhere, although there were clues they had been there alright.

After taking a round around a big apple tree, she looked over beyond it and saw a familiar pony wandering a way away, giving off a sneeze before returning to his slow paced walk and... Something. She couldn't be sure, but it looked like there were small dots around him from this distance. Some bugs perhaps? Or was she seeing things? Hmm... Perhaps she should go over and say hi? But then again... She were here to help the others... Shouldn't she focus on them first and then perhaps go over later?

The questions rained down in her mind and eventually Blitz had to take a hoof to her head and try to knock the thoughts straight. After a bit, she nodded to herself and looked around to see if she could see anypony else. She would focus on what they were here for first, then perhaps go over and say hi later.

@@Blitz Boom, @@Concerto Dusk, @,

Apple Bloom and Babs teamed up to search one side of the orchard's path while Brownie and Sundae looked on the other side. The four foals went wherever they smelled the fumes from Blitz's pest bomb.

"None here," Brownie announced after checking the bark from one tree.

"Not any here, either," Sundae called out after looking in one of the trees' holes.

"I reckon we have something going!" Apple Bloom beamed. "We'll rid the farm of bugs and get our cutie marks doing so! We can kill two birds with one stone!"

"If not, we might get our bug-catching cutie marks," Babs said.

@@Concerto Dusk,

@,

@@Yoshi89,

"Hey, found anything creepy crawly yet?"

Blitz had wandered a bit backwards and then followed some hoof-prints until he found Apple Bloom and some of the others.

"Checked over at the uhm..."

She looked around, then just pointed a hoof in the rough direction she had been before.

"That way. Couldn't see anything there."

There was still a few missing, like Storm Shine, but she figured they were perhaps just in some other direction looking too and would get here before they'd know it. Well, except for perhaps One Way Mirror, since he had been staying where they'd all been last, but they could get him along too no problem. He had the renaming bombs at him after all, not like they could miss him when they'd need those. That is, if they worked as well as it looked like where she'd come from.

@@Blitz Boom, @@Yoshi89, @@Concerto Dusk,

"Creepy crawly, Blitz?" Brownie asked. "I didn't know we were looking for worms, too."

"Then let's check around for those, too," Sundae said.

Brownie picked up an apple off the ground and bit into it. "This one's good," he announced.

"Careful, you two," Apple Bloom chuckled. "If Granny Smith sees y'all eatin' our apples off the ground, she'll come after ya with her rolling pin!"

"We're just checking for worms," Brownie blushed.

"Then why didn't ya just say so?" Apple Bloom smiled.

In the midst of this, Babs Seed trotted up to One Way and patted his withers. "Don't worry, One Way. I bet you can still here or smell the bugs coming in case we find any. I'm sure Smudge can help though."

Edited by Yoshi89

"I don't have a super smell or hearing. I leave things like that to my cat, but be warned, he is very proud. He will bring anything he catches to a pony he feel I trust. He tried with me, but I can't give him the praise he deserves for being such a good hunter." As he says this,.smudge comes up with a mouse he had hunted down after finding no pests.

@@Concerto Dusk,@@Yoshi89, @@Blitz Boom,  

"Nothing over that-a-way!" Storm exclaimed happily as he and Pinkie appeared next to everypony else. "Nopers indeedy, no pesky-pests over there!" Pinkie agreed, smiling as she did a quick backflip into the foliage of a tree before sticking her head back out and smiling at everypony else. Storm's hair moved slightly as a large spider with a blue lightning bolt mark crawled out of his mane and onto his head.

@, @@Concerto Dusk, @@Blitz Boom,

Brownie and Sundae meanwhile moved on from looking for worms and checked for the pests on higher ground. Well, a few feet off the ground in this case with Sundae standing on her brother's back.

"See any?" Brownie asked.

"I can't even reach the leaves," Sundae answered. "We'll know for sure once we get bigger."

"Who knows how long that will take!?" Brownie lamented.

Babs checked the dirt when she almost walked into Storm. She glanced at the spider and her eyes opened wide.

"Oh no!" she cried. "We missed one!"