Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Cutie Mark Crusade!

Storm Shine

@@Yoshi89

Storm tilted his head, noticing that Babs was looking at him. "Missed one what?" He asked, looking around to see if there was anything around him. "Is there something in my teeth?" He asked curiously. "Maybe a-" Storm stopped speaking as he focused on the spider crawling down his muzzle. "Huh... When did you get there?" He mused aloud, holding up a hoof that the spider quickly crawled onto. "Hey Sparky! long time, no see.." Storm greeted the medium sized spider, which waved a front leg at him in greeting. "Been doing good?" The pony asked curiously. The arachnid raised two of it's legs into a shrug. "Okay, well... I hope it gets better soon, nice to see you again! Though you might wanna find a different forest, since this one's getting.. uh.. 'Bug Bombed', so to speak..." The spider responded with a nod and walked up to settle itself back on Storm's head. He glanced up, "I guess I could drop you off with Fluttershy later.."

@@Concerto Dusk,

@@Yoshi89,

@,

Blitz looked at Storm speaking to the spider in his mane before it went away up there again, tilting her head slightly while it went on.

"Okay, soooo.. It doesn't work on Spiders. But!-*

Blitz spun around herself a few times before stopping, seeing that nopony else had found anything insectoid around here in the seconds that had ticked by starring at Storm and the spider while keeping in mind they hadn't found anything before they had gathered up either.

"No other wriggly or buzzing things here right now, and spiders aren't really an apple threat... Well, I don't Think so anyway, but the important part: Success! We've got something going here that'll help a little."

She raised her front legs and clapped her hooves against eachother a few times with an even bigger, impish grin on her face.

"Not enough to cover the Entire place, but perhaps somepony will get their cutie mark for setting one of these off anyway. Who wanna have a go with the next one? Huh? Huh?"

She looked between the all, shifting her face and eyes from one to another, waiting for a volunteer. Mostly it was amongst the ones that didn't have a cutie mark yet though, as it was them that really Needed it all things considered, but it was all up for grabs.

She also saw the kitty with the mousie, but she didn't say anything. Never knew if Fluttershy was around here, and she would likely get very sad if she heard Blitz go on with some excitement that the kitty caught a meal. Especially since it might end up being one of the yellow mares animal friends.

(edited)

@@Blitz Boom

"I'll do it!" Grey exclaimed happily, running up and grabbing one of the bug bombs. "Fwere sfould I pwut ift?" He asked curiously through the bug bomb in his mouth, looking around the area. "How about over there?" Storm suggested, pointing towards a larger area of dense foilage on the other side of the clearing. "Okwie Dowky!" Grey replied, running over and setting the bomb down. He lit the fuse and was preparing to bolt, but the fuse burned faster than he expected and went off.

When the rainbow colored smoke cleared, it showed that Grey's color scheme had inverted. "Woah! Dad look! My coat looks like your's now! And my mane looks like Great-Grandpa Field's!" the young pegasus colt exclaimed in surprise, remembering the time that Storm had taken him on a trip to meet the family back at the farm, and remembering how grey Great-Grandpa's (OC: Great-Grandpa Field's full birth name is actually Green Field) mane was before giving a small giggle. "Growing up so soon?" Storm teased, ruffling the colts' now grey mane. "Daaa~d" Grey complained, half-heartedly pushing Storm's hoof away from his head and straightening his mane.

Edited by Storm Shine

@, @@Blitz Boom, @@Concerto Dusk,

"That's fine, Storm," Apple Bloom said. "Spiders aren't a danger to our apple crop. If anything, they feed off the varmints that live in our trees. So they're good to have around."

"Hey, Blitz," Sundae called to her. "Can we try out those bombs, too?"

"We just wanna take 'em to another part of the orchard," Babs explained.

"We'll be really careful," Brownie said, glancing towards Grey. "We promise."

Sundae giggled at Grey's new look. "You almost look like our grandpa, too!"

@@Yoshi89

Grey giggled at the grandpa comment before suddenly giving a medium-sized burp, sending rainbow colored smoke into the air. Grey looked a bit embarrassed, blushing slightly and scuffing the ground with his hoof he quickly mumbled out an "Excuse me...." as he waved away the rainbow-colored smoke.

@,

@@Yoshi89,

"Ehehehe, Grey got side effects."

It seemed to please Blitz a little to see that actually, but considering it looked tame there wasn't anything bad in that.

"Colors will wash off, or if it's dust, shake the worst."

She showed what she meant by giving a full body shake and loosing a big amount of the rainbow dust that coloured her. There were now only 1/4 of her covered, randomly spread around. Rest would just take a little more and it should get off. Otherwise, a shower would do it. The smoke bombs were not the stuff that Really turned your colours after all.

"Smoke might be gone in seconds. perhaps hours. One time, i tried it for two days, but I Think that should be gone... Yeah, almost certain."

She didn't sound all too convinced, but frankly she wasn't either. When mixing in new things - in this case the blue grass - some side effects could get altered and sometimes prolonged. At least this wasn't in a bad way, as perhaps it would taste a little weird for him, that was it. Beyond that, it would just be fun for anypony else to see, and who knew? Perhaps Rainbow Dash would like it? It matched her mane and tail colours after all. Sorta, no pink with her, but still, all counted right? Right.

She giggled a little more, then turned to the siblings and nodded vigorously.

"Sure sure sure! Just remember to run from the blast area unless you wanna end up like Grey or me, and if you don't have matches, just see if you can get it to hit something with some force to it. Like against a tree or dropping it down or something."

She clapped her front hooves together in front of her again.

"Oh, and don't try to kick it. It'll go off like That!"

For effect, she put her hooves together extra hard and then quickly spread them out in a mime of a blast. They should get the gist of things.

"That'll leave one with the rest of us. Ehehehe. Who wanna have that one? One Way? You feel like air bombing something? Huh? Huh?"

@@Blitz Boom, @, @@Concerto Dusk,

Brownie and Sundae each accepted one of Blitz's bombs and held them in their hooves. "Thanks!" they both shouted before running away from each other in the orchard.

"Let's split up here and then hide our bombs away from each other," Sundae told her twin.

"Sounds good to me," Brownie replied.

They each strayed opposite each other off the path and passed apple tree after apple tree. Brownie found a spot in between a group of trees whose roots intertwined and set the bomb there. Sundae chose to place hers on the trunk of an old but bountiful tree. After dropping their bombs, they cantered off in opposite directions, passing each other on the path.

"Hey, bro!"

"Hi sis!"

After calling to each other, they trotted across the path and found a place to hide. Sundae ducked behind a group of trees while Chip plastered himself behind an aging tree, neither aware that they were inches away from where their twin had placed their bomb.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Yoshi89,@@Blitz Boom, @@Concerto Dusk

Storm settled himself comfortably in a tree branch above the twins and pulled out a large bucket of popcorn, while Pinkie settled herself comfortably on his head. "This is gonna be good..." Storm whispered with a smile, stifling his laughter at the twins. "Yeah I can't wait to see the looks on their faces, and the new colors on their coats...." Pinkie whispered back, also stifling her giggles and snatching some popcorn.

@,

@@Yoshi89,

Blitz hadn't noticed where the bombs were hidden as she had tried to speak with One Way who seemed a bit quiet in it, but she did see the twins running off in different directions and hiding, as well as Pinkie and Storm going up a tree looking down on them. She didn't think of it as them hiding from the bombs though, more along the lines of having started a game of hide and seek, but the bomb did come into mind as she started to wander quickly over to Sunday, arriving a few seconds after she had hid.

"Hey, what're you do-"

Further she didn't get before the smokebomb went off.

((Up to you if the bombs makes side effects Yoshi89, and what they would be. It's all unknown stuff so all could, technically, happen. :) ))

@@Blitz Boom, @,

Brownie and Sundae coughed, waving their hooves to clear the clouds of smoke from the bombs. They walked away from the tree they were hiding behind and found their way back to the dirt path. Brownie opened his eyes and saw something odd about his sister in front of him.

"Sundae?" he asked. "I think the bomb turned you mane completely white."

"Yours turned it brown," Sundae pointed, then rubbed her eyes. "Brownie, you're green!"

"You just said my mane was black."

"No, your coat is green!"

"And yours is purple!"

Brownie and Sundae checked their coats, manes and tails and screamed in horror.

"You look like dad!" Sundae gasped. "You have his green coat and black mane!"

"And you have mom's purple coat and white mane!" Brownie told her.

"Too bad you don't have their cutie marks," Babs told them.

(OOC: Here's what their mom and dad look like for reference.)

@@Yoshi89,

@,

Like Sunday, Blitz hadn't gotten away from standing near the exploding smoke bomb, but unlike her she had stumbled into a bush from the minor shockwave and confusion of being engulfed by smoke without knowing where it came from. It took her a little while to rustle out of there again, once more having her big tail caught in branches (her kryptonite) but eventually able to get through and then look over the all again.

Sunday and Brownie were talking about how they had turned into their parent colour-wise, and Blitz almost choked holding a laughter back, but they seemed a little freaked out so she didn't say anything just yet, instead simply moving over to the rest, unaware that yet again, she had been covered in colour, though this time a little more than just dust.

Like the twins, she had got a more in depth colouring, but in her case it wasn't green, purple or the like. Her coat was a light pink, her mane and tail had gotten a darker pink overshading her normal colours and had also covered up her cutie mark.well. The style of her mane and tail were not changed, and her eye colouring was the same, but other than that she pretty much looked like a miniature Pinkie Pie that was slightly smoking from the impact.

She opened her mouth and tried to say a few words, but all that got out where rainbow-coloured bubbles that flew a little, then burst. When they burst, the words she tried to say got out into the air, showing that she had gotten a taste of the bubble side effect she had told Grey about earlier, effectively beating the odds.

"That stung... A little."

She looked curiously at the word bubbles, then got a big grin on her face and let out a whole stream that burst into a prolonged giggle.

@@Blitz Boom

Pinkie quickly scooped Blitz into a big hug, "Blitz, you look almost like a mini-me!" She exclaimed happily, "You're so cute!" Storm chuckled, "Well Blitz, I knew that you thought highly of Pinkie, but I never thought I would see you looking like her..." He paused. "Except maybe for Nightmare Night. I guess I could expect see you wearing a costume to look like a mini-Pinkie then..." Storm amended with a smile.

• Brohoof 1

@, @@Blitz Boom,

"At least she isn't one of those Pinkie Pie clones from that mirror!" Apple Bloom giggled. "I remember the doozy you went through trying to find out which one was the real you, Pinkie."

"Guess we should have been watching where we placed our bombs," Chip blushed through his now green coat.

"Is it safe to check where they placed theirs, Blitz?" Babs asked. "The smoke seems to have cleared."

@@Yoshi89,

@,

Blitz had a great big smile on her face when Pinkie took her up and hugged her, but at the time when Babs began to speak to her about checking on the bombs she was starting to feel light-headed and was trying to wriggle her way out of Pinkie's hug.

Bubbles popped slowly out of her mouth in small bursts, slowly making up a sentence from Pinkie's Mini me.

"Pinkie... Need, air..."

It would be safe to check where the twins had placed the bombs, as they had already gone off, but right now she wasn't able to communicate that, or even really focus on it. All she hadon her mind was the increasing thought that it wouldn't be a bomb or exhaustion that sent her to the hospitals this time, but her idols crushingly strong embrace.

(edited)

@@Blitz Boom

Pinkie gasped, "Oopsies, sorry Blitzy..." She apologized, putting the filly back on the ground. "Didn't mean to squeeze you like that..." Storm chuckled, "Don't worry too much Pinkie, nopony's ever really hurt by it.." He assured her, knowing that if he didn't then there would be the chance of a Pinkie-Pie-meltdown of the sad variety. "Phew... That's a relief.." Pinkie responded, wiping a hoof across her forehead. "I thought I might've hurt somepony for a bit.."

Edited by Huggle Prince Storm

@@Blitz Boom, @,

"I told you she likes hugs," Apple Bloom said to the now pink Blitz.

"We're fine, though," Sundae told Pinkie. "We just should have realized where we placed our bombs."

"I don't remember you two saying you wanted to be like your parents growing up, though," Babs commented.

"That's because we never thought we'd actually BE them," Brownie replied.

@,

"Not hurt Pinkie... Just... Woozy."

A few bubbles still pressed it's way out from the side of Blitz's mouth, but it seemed like either the worst of the side effect had passed or Pinkie had squeezed it out of her, which scientifically sounded odd, but Pinkie was beyond science, so she could believe that. It was one of the things she really admired about Pinkie beyond her contagious mood and eternal optimism, that she was so great that she was beyond that sort of logic. Would be weird to most, but to Blitz, having somepony that could not be explained just added her to a higher plane in her eyes.

Sure, she wasn't a God or anything, but... Uhm... Okay, she wasn't even sure about that. She could pull things out of thin air after all... Meh, a thought for another time.

Shaking her head a little and stopping her swaying from sde to side she gave Pinkie a big smile, showing that nothing was wrong with her before half-way bouncing over to the twins. The metallic wings still weighed her down too much to make it possible for her to do this for long or even very high, but sometimes, even a little helped, and she wanted to show that nothing was wrong. Hopefully, when she got something more lightweight and durable than metal, she could do this more, but that was for the future. Still many things to test before that point in time.

"I like your new colours, but they'll go off in wash... Eventually. I mean, Mostly it goes off at the first run, Buuut, you might wanna use extra soap, just to be sure."

She went in close and smelled first to Sunday, then to Brownie.

"Hehe, you smell like a Marshmallows and peaches. And a bit like squirrel."

She turned around a bit and looked at the bag.

"We still got one bomb left before we're out. Can make more, but uhm, will take a few days, not really that fast... Sooooo... Where should we use this one? Where's a Really bad place?"

Edited by Blitz Boom

The twins forgot about their appearances to focus on where to set the last bug bomb but paused when Blitz remarked on their scents. "It isn't the bombs that gave us this smell," Brownie blushed. "Is it?"

"Either way," Apple Bloom teased. "Sweetie Belle, I reckon you and Rarity have some competition in the marshmallow department."

"She's right," Sundae giggled, sniffing herself. "I do smell good."

"We're still pretty deep in the orchard," Apple Bloom said. "Let's go closer to the farmhouse. I reckon there are still a few more varmints that need taking care of."

@@Yoshi89,

@,

"Ehehe, sounds like a plan."

Blitz went over and grabbed the bag with the remaining bomb in it with a small levitation magic from her horn. She would have to make more of these in the future (if she could make Storm tell her exactly where he found the blue grass) but for now, it was all good. Still one to go and it was a major success minor the increased side effects, but eh, who got hurt by a little colour?

The bag at the ready, she got towards the others again with a big smile on her face and the payload prepared for the minor trip.

"Bomb squad at ready to go."

(edited)

@@Blitz Boom,

Storm flared out his right wing with a grin, "Wanna try an air-bombing Blitz?" He asked, making it flap once. Pinkie giggled, "I don't know how well that'd work out Stormy..." She said, "Imagine what color scheme it'd give you if you don't drop it in time..." Pinkie reminded him. Storm shrugged, "Probably nothing worse than the time Blitz turned me a Sparkly Pink color scheme..." He replied. Pinkie laughed, "I remember that! Rainbow wouldn't stop laughing for almost a week, not to mention the amount of times everypony asked if we were related increased..." She managed to wheeze through her laughter, now rolling around on the ground and banging her hoof against it.

Edited by Huggle Prince Storm

@, @@Blitz Boom,

Brownie and Sundae burst out laughing at Storm's anecdote as they approached him and Pinkie Pie.

"At least you don't look like one of your parents," Sundae rolled her eyes.

Apple Bloom and Babs walked toward either side of Blitz and prepared for the last bomb. They settled on the edge of the orchard overlooking the farm house, a spot where they could not smell fumes from either of the bombs that were already set.

"I hope this works," Apple Bloom remarked.

"Fire in the hole!" Babs shouted.

@,

@@Yoshi89,

"Like music to my ears."

Blitz had agreed to the air bombing because it sounded awesome, accepting for once to have a small flight even if she had wanted to wait until the wings were ready. The chance to airbomb anything or anypony was far more tempting than to save her flight experience , and it was just a small drop, not like a Real flight, so not technically against her principles.

When her and Storm was in the right position according to Babs and Apple Bloom, Blitz focused hard and got a small ember at the edge of her horn that she used to lit the fuse, then tilted it over the edge (AKA Storm's head) and saw it fall down with a mad scientists glimmer in her eyes, almost looking like she wanted to jump down with it just to be close enough to see what would happen once this last bomb would go off.

Would it work against the bugs? 3/3 had said yes, but would it do something else to? Now That was going to be the fun part to watch as the contraption quickly approached the hard ground.

((Whoever wants can describe if anything happens. Figure it's more fun than me dictating things. :) ))

@@Blitz Boom, @,

The bomb went off once it hit the ground, releasing a cloud of smoke that rose from the trees resting at the edge of the orchard. Once the dust cleared, Apple Bloom and Babs scouted ahead and checked the trees around them for any sign of pests. They grinned after seeing none until Babs bucked one of the trees by accident, sending some strange-colored apples falling near her cousin.

"Horseapples!" Apple Bloom dove out of the way before ducking and covering.

"Sorry, cuz," Babs apologized. "Well, we got rid of the pests but why are all those apples blue?"

"Oh no!" Apple Bloom gasped. "The bomb must have changed the color of the apples! Applejack's gonna chase us outta town for this."

@@Yoshi89@@Blitz Boom,

Storm landed near the fallen apples, lowering his head to the ground to allow Blitz to get off easier. "Blue apples huh? Well, those'd be a hit at a party..." He chuckled, "Though I'm not sure how Applejack will react to those.... If they don't taste bad, then hopefully she won't be too upset..." Storm said with a small smile. "Ooo~!" Pinkie quickly chomped down on one of the apples. "Ish good!" She said, happily chewing on the blue apple.

@@Yoshi89,

@,

Blitz wandered over and grabbed one of the coloured apples, then started to twirl it around to look from all angles whilst mumbling to herself. It wasn't apparent what she was saying, but the word *coating* seemed to show quite a few times.

Eventually, she looked  up from the appole, over at Pinkie that had just taken a bite and saw that she was fine, then back on the one in her hoof and brought it up to her horn and poked a hole in it. There was a bit of apple juices that fell down into her forehead before she got it turned so the hole was turned upwards, but it was okay, nothing bad in that after all.

"Uhuh... Thin layer coating, normal colour otherwise..."

She was looking at the layers a little more before looking up and over at Babs and Apple Bloom with a big grin on her head.

"Apples are fine, just a little painted, like Brownie, or Sunday, or me. Shouldn't do anything, but if you wanna be safe then I think using a little water could scrub it off. Usually do when I get coated at least."

The grin didn't leave her face, but internally she was going over a few things she would likely need to tune down in this so the colour things were less... Well, less there really. Was the problem with mixing replant with a smoke bomb, one's happy effect didn't make it anothers happy effect, but it was this or using firecrackers, and she was Not gonna open fire in the orchard. She wasn't crazy enough to try That.