Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

making christmas merrier Making Christmas Merrier 2014 - Children's Holiday Crusade

Jeric

If I can just put my wallet through my monitor I would..... unless I can convince my dad that this isn't a scheme trying to get peoples card information or if I can get my own card before the 12th.

Your dad should stop begin paranoid abut interenet. Tell him paranoia is not healty. :P

@@@Jeric, I just hope it's an emblem that doesn't stick around ^u^:  More because it would create a lot of problems. 

First being what we would do as a reward for the next one. It would be kinda poopy if ONLY this one charity event had an emblem given to people permanently. Idk, it has a lot of flaws and I truly hope it isn't permanent o-o: 

It would be like leaving an emblem of some sort of golden event that only people with money to spare could be immortalized with. Sounds really silly when it's over analyzed cx But then again. Gah, I'm so paranoid lately xD I don't think it's going to be permanent, but if it is, I'd suggest reconsidering it or at least announcing it.

Either way, I at least see the charity event going well :3 Let's shoot for above and beyond.  

• Brohoof 1

Seems there people want to pay, but for reasons can't cause they don't have credit cards. Are there any alternative way they could contribute?

The thing comes to me mind is they can spread the new, for example people on twitter could retweet. And share this in any other social media site. Of course with discretion. We don't want overspam the internet. :P

• Brohoof 2

Donated!

It's always nice to help kids get through what they're going through. I live in BC as well so it being BC Children's Hospital hit close to home. 

Hope the goal is reached!

• Brohoof 7

Only credit card? I hope my bank card is a credit card or I can forget that

You can also use PayPal. 

Also You can easily check if You can use that card for online transactions

https://new.infofree.com/rsrc/images/subscription/cvv.jpg

But I am pretty sure You can pay with it. I can't imagine bank giving You a card without such option. 

• Brohoof 3

You can also use PayPal. 

Also You can easily check if You can use that card for online transactions

https://new.infofree.com/rsrc/images/subscription/cvv.jpg

But I am pretty sure You can pay with it. I can't imagine bank giving You a card without such option. 

Well, I can pay with my bank card in a shop, when I want buy something in there but have no actual money with me.

But it's not one of those, that are in your pic.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I can pay with my bank card in a shop, when I want buy something in there but have no actual money with me.

But it's not one of those, that are in your pic.

Well, just try to pay with the one You have. You will have all the instructions during payment probably. 

• Brohoof 4

Gahhh... Oh my GOSH... I would sooo donate, but alas... I do not have a credit card (nor Paypal).  Yeah, I'm 20, and I live in the stone age, hehhh... 

Heck, I'd have already donated if I could have, even before seeing this thread... but now I wish I could moreso than ever...  Just thinking about the smiles on children's faces when they get Christmas gifts...  Smh, I feel so bad I can't donate...

9e3cc7ba9e.jpg

I highly doubt this, but it's definitely worth asking...

Would it be possible for me to, say, buy a prepaid Visa gift card, and then donate via using the money on the gift card?  

I would presume not, and in such case, I'm sorry...

~ Miles

• Brohoof 5

I highly doubt this, but it's definitely worth asking...

Would it be possible for me to, say, buy a prepaid Visa gift card, and then donate via using the money on the gift card?  

I would presume not, and in such case, I'm sorry...

~ Miles

As long as it's an actual VISA gift card it *should* work. In my experience VISA treats those just like a normal credit card, just with a fixed limit. I think there's a special hoop you have to jump through though. Give me a sec...

Yep. Here it is, from the VISA site itself:

Can I use my Visa Gift card for online or phone purchases?

Yes. However, to make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card. You can do this by either calling the issuer, or by visiting their web site.

When you make an online or phone purchase, the name, address, and phone number you use will need to be exactly the same as the information you provided when registering your card. If the information is different, the transaction may be declined.

You can verify or update your information by visiting the card provider's web site, or by contacting them using the toll-free number provided in your card documentation.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/personal-cards/gift-cards/faq.jsp#anchor_25

• Brohoof 5

As long as it's an actual VISA gift card it *should* work. In my experience VISA treats those just like a normal credit card, just with a fixed limit. I think there's a special hoop you have to jump through though. Give me a sec...

Yep. Here it is, from the VISA site itself:

Can I use my Visa Gift card for online or phone purchases?

Yes. However, to make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card. You can do this by either calling the issuer, or by visiting their web site.

When you make an online or phone purchase, the name, address, and phone number you use will need to be exactly the same as the information you provided when registering your card. If the information is different, the transaction may be declined.

You can verify or update your information by visiting the card provider's web site, or by contacting them using the toll-free number provided in your card documentation.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/personal-cards/gift-cards/faq.jsp#anchor_25

Just to note this is not hard to do at all you just go to https://www.vanillavisa.com/product.html And enter the card details then add a zip code to it. I donated with one of them.  

• Brohoof 3

Only credit card? I hope my bank card is a credit card or I can forget that

Your bank can convert your card to a visa debit for free. It's still a debit card, but it's treated like a visa so you can use it online and overseas! :)

Spread the news to anyone who needs it!

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 5

I think the badges SHOULD be permanent. It doesn't matter if people are donating for "the wrong reason". What matters is money is being sent where its needed.

If the badges are permanent, that's more incentive for people to donate.

Besides, it's not like the badges actually mean anything. If un-generous people are to be labeled as "generous", so be it. We all know how they got the badge anyways. This is about the kids, people. Not your egos. :(

I think the badges SHOULD be permanent. It doesn't matter if people are donating for "the wrong reason". What matters is money is being sent where its needed.

If the badges are permanent, that's more incentive for people to donate.

Besides, it's not like the badges actually mean anything. If un-generous people are to be labeled as "generous", so be it. We all know how they got the badge anyways. This is about the kids, people. Not your egos. :(

Its already an incentive though. Making it be permanent wouldn't really do much. Besides what if they wanted it changed later?

• Brohoof 2

Its already an incentive though. Making it be permanent wouldn't really do much. Besides what if they wanted it changed later?

Perhaps, then, the award should be something else entirely. An achievement of sorts. Badges have to do with the number of posts you've made of whether you're a mod, so in retrospect they probably shouldn't be used as prizes for things like this. :/

Someone did it and pushed us over to $500. OP has been updated with the new unlocked silliness, and of course ... the new hint. 

So ... yeah ... that happened. Very soon a poll will be posted. Moderators and Staffers. who will sing a song from FiM ... and what will that song be?

• Brohoof 6

Someone did it and pushed us over to $500. OP has been updated with the new unlocked silliness, and of course ... the new hint.

So ... yeah ... that happened. Very soon a poll will be posted. Moderators and Staffers. who will sing a song from FiM ... and what will that song be?

Can non donating users vote in the poll too?
  • Brohoof 3

Can non donating users vote in the poll too?

Yes. 

Even if you can't donate due to many viable reasons, we still have ways for the whole Forum to be involved. This is one of them. 

We are a community ... all of us. :D

• Brohoof 3

@Sugar Cuddles, we've actually used this Badge in the past so there is some tradition to it, and it has been tied to other fundraisers. 

while at school this question was in my head most of the day does the badge last forever or does it revert to the origional badge when the event is over

• Brohoof 2

while at school this question was in my head most of the day does the badge last forever or does it revert to the origional badge when the event is over

It reverts to your original badge once the event is over. c:

• Brohoof 3