Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

making christmas merrier Making Christmas Merrier 2014 - Children's Holiday Crusade

Jeric

I wasn't here during the first few years, but just being a part of this ... so much awesome. 

Indeed, it was really awesome!  The 2012 charity drive started right around the time that I made my account here, and as a new member it was really awesome to watch it develop.  I couldn't help but get caught up in how much fun everyone was having, and after going back and forth about it for weeks, I finally added my donation at the eleventh hour.  It was probably the first big forum event that I got the chance to participate in, and I'm really glad that I did.  Thank you guys for bringing it back; I'm sure that I'm not the only member who has fond memories of the past ones!

Edited by Antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 3

You know, if I had more money I would donate right away. ;~;

I'm so sorry.  :(

It's so nice that you do this. It's a great way to show appreciation from the Brony community and a great thing to do for the holidays.  :muffins:

I hope that we raise even more than $2000!!!

Edited by PrincessWubsyButt~
  • Brohoof 6

@,

Most people would, but we want to make sure it goes to lifting some kiddos spirits by Christmas, rather than after. Either way, any amount that you can give is great. ^^

Also, just because you can't help here doesn't mean you can't help! There's always plenty of places such as children's hospitals that are always looking for volunteers, especially during this time of year.

• Brohoof 7

An over $2,000,000 donation goal to a gravely injured/ill childrens hospital? Guys, I'm gonna cry- it's the sweetest thing I've been associated with in any fandom to date. If only I could convert what little money I have right now into the computer...

img-3282573-1-tumblr_n3sqs84t6l1rrf17fo1

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 12

Though payday is about a week from now I sent my Donation ;)  When I get paid(hopefully) I plan to donate a decent amount to the cause :smug:  Never done similar before and I only want to help :derp:

• Brohoof 7

Donated my part.

For the sake of the kids and the love of this community. <3

• Brohoof 4

I'm on it ... I just got home. :D

I almost don't know what to say. Less than 48 hours in and look at where we are. You all ... wow. 

The $750 Item is being a featured part of the Poniverse Newsletter Team. You can actively write, be interviewed, or use it to bring attention to your artwork or fics. Your choice. 

Now, since we all know who is going to sing the first solo song ... it brings me great joy posting the $1000 Stretch Goal. And as we are moving quickly I am also providing another substantial hint for the $1250 goal. 

Thank you each and every one of you for getting the MCM off to a huge success. I'm kind of choked up a bit so I'll go ahead and just hit submit. :D

• Brohoof 10

I'm on it ... I just got home. :D

I almost don't know what to say. Less than 48 hours in and look at where we are. You all ... wow.

The $750 Item is being a featured part of the Poniverse Newsletter Team. You can actively write, be interviewed, or use it to bring attention to your artwork or fics. Your choice.

Now, since we all know who is going to sing the first solo song ... it brings me great joy posting the $1000 Stretch Goal. And as we are moving quickly I am also providing another substantial hint for the $1250 goal.

Thank you each and every one of you for getting the MCM off to a huge success. I'm kind of choked up a bit so I'll go ahead and just hit submit. :D

Again I ask do you have to donate to be a part of the newsletter team?

• Brohoof 4

Again I ask do you have to donate to be a part of the newsletter team?

For this event yes, however ... pay close attention to Canterlot in the next few weeks. :D

Two items that we are putting into the OP that we may not have mentioned though have done. 

Anonymous Donations

When donating you have the option of doing so anonymously. This will mean that you decline the badge you can also specify to be removed from any prize drawings. Please PM all three Administrators: @SCS, and . This will ensure the anon request doesn't get processed as a normal donation.  

Please make the subject line of the PM "Anonymous Donation Request"

Gift Donations

You can donate in another MLP Forum community member's name giving them the Generosity Badge as well. This has been done a few times, but we wanted to publicize the option. To do this, after donating, PM  requesting that the donation be counted toward the person of your choice. Be sure to include the member's user name. :derp:

Please make the subject line of the PM "Gift Donation Request"

Note: Due to processing costs - Gift Donations must be a minimum of $5.00 per individual you are gifting the badge to. 

• Brohoof 3

I donated $3 more because it bothered me that the donation total was not a multiple of 5. 

xD I think I have exactly one dollar left on my gift credit cards on my paypal. 

Edit: Seeing the post below I now realize I've made a mistake. ;~; If I look around hard enough maybe I'll find some more of these gift debit cards to use? 

Edited by The Leafy Pinkeh
  • Brohoof 4

To clarify based on a question that was recently brought up regarding gift donations. For those that know ... every transaction has a set card services/merchant fee associated and a percentage on top of that fee. That means that small donations ($1 for example) actually end up being be absorbed by the financial institutions. 

To insure that in the end your gift donation is not being wasted

Note: Due to processing costs - Gift Donations must be a minimum of $5.00 per individual you are gifting the badge to. 

• Brohoof 4

I just donated $5. I don't have a lot of money, otherwise I'd have donated more. Still, every bit counts! :D

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 4