Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been robbed/mugged?

I_wesley125

(edited)

I've never been robbed in person. However, one time I spent about $100 on some computer equipment on ebay, and the guy just disappeared without shipping it to me or responding to emails.

Though I'm usually pretty cautious as well - if I'm going somewhere new where I'm unsure of the safety levels, or if I'm meeting someone I don't know, I usually only will carry the bare minimums with me (drivers license, AAA card, $20 cash, an expired/empty prepaid Visa card, and an ancient spare cell phone). I leave anything of value (my actual cell phone, credit/debit cards, etc) at home, so in case something does happen, the losses would be minimal.

Been robbed 8 times in the past 4 years, all in September and December

the college textbook game is a rough one. Pay $200 to rent a book you hardly ever use and only get $20 back when you're done. Ludicrous.

One of the few things I love about my college is that we have an actual rental program - $25 per course per semester, and you get all the textbooks you need for the duration of the course.

Edited by joeyh3

Nope, never.

My cousin told me that someone mugged him using an airsoft gun, and he kicked him the bawwwlls, (as everypony has said, I assume it works all the time.) If that counts.

"Friends" have robbed me for some pricey stuff (don't know which one of them btu doesn't really matter anymore and it's been years since it happened).

And I don't know if this counts but a good amount of years ago bullies used to rob me for my cash and whatever else I had in school. Luckily I never met them outside of it.

Well, nothing ever happened to me directly, but twice before my parents had a tire stolen from one of our old vans.

Another time was when someone stole my parents other van. But, besides being mildly annoyed by it, and with a minor fear here and there, nobody in my family gave a f*ck.

Thing is, that van constantly broke down at the most horrible of times (Highway: 4/Intersection: 5/ Close enough to the house that it forced us to walk a mile: 2), no matter what we did. So to quote my father, "I wouldn't be surprised if the people who stole it returned it."

Some complete douchebag swiped a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper from my car while I was in Wal-Mart.

I've had a few textbooks stolen, but couldn't prove they were stolen. So I had to pay $70-$150 for each. Set me back about $300 :(

• Brohoof 1

For some reason I dont get robbed a lot.Exept this one time This group of ghetto kids stole my bike.Luckily we found the people and reported them to the police.

Now these days no one even tries to rob me.I guess everypony is scared of me or thinks i'm creepy.

Not yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did sooner or later

Our neighbor got robbed a few months ago (I think they took his TV), someone got shot and killed 3 blocks away from our house about a year ago, and someone's car got broken into on our block and apparently they tried to hotwire it but failed

Yeah, I don't live in the best of neighborhoods

I never have. I live in a safe little village. So safe that the other day I felt comfortable walking home from my friends house at 4am with my laptop and xbox on my back.

Yeah that was probably a bad idea under any circumstances.

(edited)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW65YjgMbcY

lol. But in all seriousness, I had my nissan pickup stolen the day before I got my driving license :( . It was a 93 (my birth-year) and looked like this.
Posted Image
But It was insured and I got enough money to buy a toyota pickup (much better) so it worked out fine. :) Edited by ʎǝlʇɐǝH ʎuɐp

Almost. I was avoiding answering the door when the guy knocked since I was still in my pajamas and I figured he was selling stuff and would just go away. I was a little weirded out when he walked over to my bedroom window and began rattling it. Even more weirded out when he gave up on that window, went to my sisters window and actually managed to pop out the screen and began climbing inside.

In retrospect I probably should have been at least a little afraid, but I guess it didn't really occur to me that he was actually trying to break inside. I don't exactly live in the ghetto and had always felt fairly safe, especially since I live literally closer to my school campus than the dorm apartments. Anyway, I just waited in the doorway of my sisters room until he was inside enough to see me and then I asked him if I could help him with anything. He bolted pretty quickly, but I do wish I would have thought a little bit faster to call the police after that instead of waiting. Guess he was too normal looking for me to have thought of him as a potential threat. Woops.

Once I got mugged by a drunk old guy but since his weapon of choice was a pen I decided to walk away. Funny thing is that the old man had no coordination left by this point. On the other hand our old house has been broken into at least 3 times and we've had a vehicle stolen just to never be seen again.

• 1 year later...

Ha, people have tried to rob me before. You see though, I live in a very drugged community, so most are pretty stupid. Hell, had one guy try to steal a tree from my backyard by just uprooting it with his hands... all he did was manage to break a few limbs and the dog biting him got to him and he just ended up limping off.

Though I've been in some scary situations, as pulling in a Wal-Mart parking lot and seeing a gang trying to steal goods from a younger lady. Luckily for her I was with some of my own mates and we managed to even out the situation. But on Black Friday all hell breaks loose :(

(edited)

At a show a couple years back, my EMG-loaded Schecter Tempest Custom guitar was stolen while we were doing setdown. That thing cost me over $800 total and was still pretty new. I was bummed for months.

Edited by DusK

I've had stuff stolen when I wasn't there, but I've never been mugged. Most muggings here probably wouldn't involve firearms (if there's a weapon involved at all) - knives are the weapon of choice.

No, but we once had a lawnmower, a weed-whacker, and the neighbors expensive car stereo come up missing in the span of a week, it was odd.   

• 6 years later...