Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been robbed/mugged?

I_wesley125

Not so far and I hope I never do. The idea of it scares the living daylights out of me. I try to avoid anything that would increase the chances and maybe that helps. It pays to live a sheltered life sometimes. 

• Brohoof 2

I have never been robbed. I live in a very safe area so the chances of me getting robbed here is practically -50%. I do live close to Chicago so I have to go there from time to time. When I do, I make sure I am as safe as possible. I keep my car doors locked, only walk outside during the day, etc. I do carry pepper spray with me at all times as well. I know a spray of that to the eyes might not be enough to stop every criminal but I’ll always use it if I can.

Somebody robbed me once. They agreed to give me money for an extremely rare Heroclix figure that was worth about $75 at the time and I never got a f***ing penny from them, and worst of all I never had a chance to confront them about it... :dry:

I've never been robbed in real life, but I did get an Unusual stolen from my in Team Fortress 2.

My Mom did have her truck broken into a number of years ago. The guy stole: The front face-plate to the radio, a couple packs of cigarettes and a pair of sunglasses.

While I haven't directly been mugged, I have been in a bit of an altercation with a guy who had a knife on him, but I managed to get away unscathed.

And yeah, I've been robbed before. Back in 2010, our flat was burgled when we headed south for a week. Came back to find the door burst open and our TV along with some emergency cash completely gone.

Luckily not. I've lived in the capital of our country for a few years and was very nervous in the beginning (I grew up practically in the woods) but I soon learned that you could leave your bag wide open next to you in the subway and in 90% nothing would happen (I never did it of course but it's an example). It's an honest and safe city.

I'm still glad to live on the countryside again though. :rarity:

I never have, but am often worried about it. I take the subway and bus a lot, but even then I've never seen a mugging to anyone else let alone me. I always try to avoid being out late and keep my valuables hidden.

I forgot to mention in my last post, the closest I ever got to being robbed was back a few months ago, my mom forgot to lock up her minivan for the night, and sure enough the next morning we woke up to the police knocking on our door. They told us someone got into her minivan along with several other of our neighbors vehicles got robbed. 

Thankfully though my mom never keeps valuables in her vehicle, nor do I, for this very reason. So the suspects only got away with a couple pennies. :P

• Brohoof 2

Luckily, it has never happened to me. There are plenty of assholes in this world, so always be careful.

Edited by Kaibah

Thankfully no. I live in fairly rural area and it's pretty safe here. My neighbors are wonderful and we keep an eye on things around here.

I usually carry a gun tho, when I have to go to the city and especially if I need to refuel at night.

The guy next door once came in through a window that wasn't closed properly and stole our laptop and my bicycle. We knew it was him because we always had trouble with that guy. The police even knew him from earlier things, but since they had no evidence they couldn't bust him.

Other than that I thought I was going to get mugged once on my paper round. I'd just thrown the paper into the mail slot at a library. The wall with the mail box was at a right angle to the wall with the front door, so I basically had walls on either side of me, when a guy holding a bread knife came walking up to me. My first thought was that I was going to have to hand over my wallet and phone, and my second thought was about how I'd try to block the knife and run. Imagine my surprise when the guy asked me if I'd found a wallet. When I shakily told him I hadn't, he just thanked me and walked off, telling me that if I found it, I should take it to the cops because it had a lot of money in it. Probably one of the most surreal moments I've been in.