Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the story behind your oc/avatar?

SomeMLP Brony

My OC was originally drawn off a slightly askewed Vinyl Scratch that Crooked Trees. It was more masculine and then mane was a bit more green in that original drawing. I originally used Dj-P0n3 as my musician name before i realized how uncool that was (although the Official Vinyl Scratch seems to be a top 10 musician despite making overt pino). Once it was Freewave I also changed my main avatar to a rule 63 VScratch with same mane color change and a bit of groin censoring (art by RawrCharlieRawr). :P

Backstory? Freewave is actually a changeling who has amnesia and has been living with ponies with so long he does not know his true nature. It explains why the music he makes takes on a constantly changing form (genre flexible), why he went by a different name initially, and why he goes through often crushing lows when tracks receive minimal appreciation. Gimme love, gimme all that ya got. ;)

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

Omygosh the first time I saw the cheesesandwich episode I just fell inlove with him as much as I did with Pinkie pie and then I am like omygosh they are super cute together and had to find a picture!

And that is how my avatar came to be.

My avatar is of my OC Fortune Flair.

She's the Earth Pony daughter of a couple of Unicorn elites in Canterlot.

Feeling out of place and being quite late in getting her cutie mark, she left home and wound up coming across a travelling circus. After some adventure and making some friends, she eventually comes to discover her talent for persistent good fortune and death defying stunts, leading her to join the circus as one of their aerial acrobats.

Fortune is the only one I've designed so far, but the circus itself contains DOZENS of characters, all different races and species found in the show. My avatar is Fortune in her acrobatics costume, and her and her five teammates each have a similar costume for each color of the rainbow.

• Brohoof 1

Natsu is the cutest kid ever, and I'm finding myself more and more drawn to him, though he used to be my second least favourite of Team Natsu and one of the characters I liked the least overall.

He's getting better and better, IMO.

:unsure:My computer is being all weird and not letting me upload my OC as my avatar. Her name is Ocean gem, she was ruler of the secretive Sea ponies at one point but when the 3 pony tribes arrived and brought the Windigoes part of the ocean froze. She was trapped for about 50 years in the ice before it melted, none of her seaponies had survived so she came to land hoping to transform some of the normal ponies into seaponies to give her company. 

Meh there's more but I'm too lazy to finish at the moment, Ocean gem is basically a reboot of Luna as far as their emotional states but is very different at the same time.  

Ah, story behind me avatar! The Daedric Prince (no wings or a horn, usually) of madness, Sheogorath. Truly most faithful character to my own persona! Being split between madness and order, I just felt like it makes a fine description of the condition of human, which is funny since he is a Daedra. An ageless entity from the Elder Scrolls series.

This is what he looked like when he first came out of pony creator:

post-8762-0-75086600-1376865896_thumb.png

He is a talented, brilliant, and adventurous young stallion whose knowledge on steam power surpasses that of anyone else's in all of Equestria. He was raised by parents who were overly protective and prevented him from enjoying the outdoors. All of his childhood was spent within one of the largest libraries in Equestria filled with tens of thousands of books. He learned everything he knew from endlessly reading through every single last book, but eventually boredom and loneliness swept in. He then spent months looking out through the large glass windows, watching some of the Pegasus ponies fly by, when a unique idea suddenly came to his mind. He already knew a lot about kinetic energy and aerial physics at this point, especially since science was among his favorite subjects. During his first few weeks of studying and reviewing on everything he had read about energy, he discovered a new form of energy. He found that water in its gaseous state can produce great energy and motion with the right kind of engine. The energy, was steam. After an entire year of experimentation and various failures by using scraps from the garage, he finally managed to invent the very first functional steam engine. After another 6 months of experimenting and failing, he had accomplished his short-term dream of inventing the first pair of mechanical wings with a fully operational engine and flight system. He managed to escape one night and since then has established his own small business with the assistance of his uncle. His wings have also gone through several different modifications. In his latest model, his wings can operate with great flexibility and dexterity; they can be controlled and moved just as naturally as his tail. In addition, they are durable enough to withstand a dragon's fire breath and certain energy blasts, and the blades of the wings can cut through most metals and rocks. He's currently working on inducing them with magical enchantments. His main goal is to have all of the world aware of this new and efficient source of energy and for all of Equestria to progress forward economically and technologically.

The I made another OC just recently. He is part of a group of Earth ponies who are not from Equestria (the group's point of origin is currently unknown). The group consists of 8 ponies (I already made them all via pony creator), who are by far the most unique and extraordinary Earth ponies that Equestria has even seen. The reason being is that despite the fact that they're merely Earth ponies, they have special abilities that would put them on match with some of Equestria's powerful unicorns. Their powers however, are limited to certain elements and particular abilities that are very specific. The pony in my current avatar is able to control rocks, stones, minerals, and anything of the earth.

More info coming soon :)

I don't even have a name for him yet. Anyone want to give me any options? :P

Edited by Dsanders

For my 'first' post I'd like to ask everypony a question regarding their profile pics. How did you come up with it? Did you use it to tribute a pre-existing character or did you create one from scratch? I found a really cool website called '3D Pony Creator by PonyLumen' and made mine and I really like the way it looks. What's your story? Does your character have a name(if created lol)?

P.S. I hope I'm in the right forum :3

I got my OC from when i mistook Atropa belladonna berry for Ribes nigrum berry

was a very bad idea

I AM LORD BABABA THAT IS MY OC LORD BABABA WAS CREATED ONE DAY WHEN BABABA JUNIOR WAS MESSING AROUND WITH HORRIBLE CHEMICALS THAT TURN PEOPLE INTO MUTANTS BABABA JUNIOR THEN PROCEDED TO PLAY AROUND AND GOT STUCK IN SOME TIME WARP WHERE HE WAS BORN IN THE HUMAN WORLD AS CHRISTIAN. CHRISTIAN THEN PROCEEDED TO LIVE OUT HIS EVERY DAY LIFE UNTIL HE GOT TO HIGH SCHOOL WHERE HIS CURRENT GIRLFRIEND PUNCHED HIM INTO A TIMEWARP THAT SOMEHOW TURNED HIM INTO A DOG.

LONG STORY SHORT HE GOT DRUNK ONE NIGHT AND MORPHED INTO A BLUE PONY WITH BLONDE HAIR AND THEN DREW HIS AVATAR BEING ALL LIKE AAAAAAA.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

I change profile pictures whenever the mood hits me, but this current one, as in the one that's here right now (in case some future version of you is reading this!) is a character from an anime rushing towards someone else in a fit of bloodlust. It made me laugh, so i used it.

• 9 months later...

My current OC has been through a few different drafts (most of which were made with the dreaded Pony Maker... Ugh.), though I eventually found one that's stuck, which is, of course, my current one (left pony in avatar). My idea was to make a pony that liked metal, hence why he has long hair. Because of that, I consider it more of a ponysona than an OC.

In my current picture, it's the OC and a friend's one dancing in Ponydale library. We were fortunate enough to be the only two ponies in the building, so we danced in celebration.

Here's the actual (and not as interesting) story behind my avatar:

Me and my friend were playing Legends of Equestria and we went into the library in Ponydale, which is based off of Twilight's old house. Once the map loaded, the framerate was exceptionally smooth, so we both danced and I took a screenshot of it.

Edited by Blackened
  • Brohoof 1

My current anime man candy obsession is Sting Eucliffe from the anime Fairy Tail.

He's just so supah sexy that I had to make him my avatar.