Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Question regarding the size of profile page wallpaper.

simply creative
Go to solution Solved by Koukatsu,

Id suggest using the size of your monitor so that it looks good on your end, but any users that have different sized monitors will see your background a different way then you. Some may only see part of the image if their monitor is smaller then yours, and others will see black or white bars on the sides of your background if their monitor is larger.

A good repeating pattern tends to be the best idea as it can cover any sized monitor I believe.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to know the size so that I can upload a perfect fitting wallpaper for my profile.

Thanks.

Can you confirm Dawn's suggestion worked?

• Brohoof 1

That link helped me allot regarding the file size, but now I have a problem about the image format. It says that I am using an incorrect image format. The format that I've used is jpeg so could someone tell me a format that is compatible with this website as well as a format that could be compressed to 255kb.

• Brohoof 1

Hey, , could you post the link to the image you're trying to use, or attach it to a post, so I can take a look and try to figure something out for you?

• Brohoof 2

Sure thing. I hate that anypony has to suffer issues on this site, so I'm glad I at least get to help resolve them! :muffins:

So, , I downloaded the images from the attachments and had no trouble with either of them.

Try downloading the attachments, and using those instead of the original files.

(If you don't know, when you click an attachment in a post, it opens a new little popup style window, and clicking "Save" in the bottom right corner will open it in a new tab/window, then just right-click and "Save as")

And if that still doesn't work, just let me know! :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Sure thing. I hate that anypony has to suffer issues on this site, so I'm glad I at least get to help resolve them! :muffins:

So, , I downloaded the images from the attachments and had no trouble with either of them.

Try downloading the attachments, and using those instead of the original files.

(If you don't know, when you click an attachment in a post, it opens a new little popup style window, and clicking "Save" in the bottom right corner will open it in a new tab/window, then just right-click and "Save as")

And if that still doesn't work, just let me know! :muffins:

well we know that jpeg is the correct format now all we need to know is to compress the file to at least 255 kb.

Edited by DR0ID-P0N3
  • Brohoof 1

, I tried something. Please try using the following attachment as your background, and let me know how that works out for you. :muffins:

(It's only ~228kb! Though it is just a bit smaller than the original you posted.)

post-29426-0-92445300-1418092362_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Yeah still trying to get a perfect fit wallpaper that meets the size requirement 255 kb.

It's just going to be a matter of trial and error as the site BG is not responsive, and image compression will always be dependent on the source file. From a technical standpoint, the site is functioning how it is designed and configured. You will need to upload an image under that file size limit. It may take some time to find one that will work. I wish you the best of luck. 

• Brohoof 1