Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever take breaks from MLP?

Alex Z

I don't always watch ponies... oh wait, yes I do! :)

But when I don't, I watch Dr Who.

Nice, I've been trying to get into Dr Who and from what I've seen so far it's good.

Nope.... see when your 24, living alone in the middle of no were in a little town called "kingman" and the only things you got to do is... Work and come home.... yeah not much else I can do but watch MLP, read mlp etc etc. So no.... for me its MLP 24/7. 

Is that odd? maybe.... Should I try and take a break? nah because hot damn I'm happy!

Nope.... see when your 24, living alone in the middle of no were in a little town called "kingman" and the only things you got to do is... Work and come home.... yeah not much else I can do but watch MLP, read mlp etc etc. So no.... for me its MLP 24/7.

Is that odd? maybe.... Should I try and take a break? nah because hot damn I'm happy!

Do you watch other shows? I reccomend Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls and some anime.
  • Brohoof 1

Right now I'm taking a break. I've been watching the show less because I've seen about every episode already and the timeslot changed earlier on weekdays during 12:30 to 2:00 where I still have school. And they show it really early in the morning now and I usually sleep in so I've been missing a lot of the show because Discovery Family moved the time slot.

Do you watch other shows? I reccomend Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls and some anime.

no just MLP. was thinking about watching other shows but blah I love MLP so much I can't bring myself to watch anything but it. Sure I watch some stuff on youtube... mlp 89% of the time but still. Thanks for the other shows but ah I'm happy :)

To be honest I have not watched a single episode since the season finale of season 4 and I did not bother to watch rainbow rocks either. I don't really feel bothered to watch that movie though. Idk I just have not watched it in a long time. 

Yes, for every season finale, I take a long hiatus from anything pony related to move on to new things like anime and relax myself to not be so anxious on the next season

So far, it's almost been 11 months since I last saw MLP, I have not watched Rainbow Rocks, but I will catch up to everything pony related for 2015

• Brohoof 1

Yes, for every season finale, I take a long hiatus from anything pony related to move on to new things like anime and relax myself to not be so anxious on the next season

I think that's always a good idea.

Preoccupy yourself with other interests, so you're not putting your hair out in anticipation.

• Brohoof 2

I think that's always a good idea.

Preoccupy yourself with other interests, so you're not putting your hair out in anticipation.

It is, glad to see minds think alike

This can be applied to anyone, fan or not, when it comes to waiting for the next big thing, when one can't, they begin to become desperate, drastically hyping themselves to dissapointment for all that impatience

• Brohoof 1

It is, glad to see minds think alike

This can be applied to anyone, fan or not, when it comes to waiting for the next big thing, when one can't, they begin to become desperate, drastically hyping themselves to dissapointment for all that impatience

Exactly!!

And then you pull a Rainbow Dash, track down the creators, only to discover that the creations are ALL REAL, and you have to help defeat some evil from taking over the world. Ain't nobody got time for that!!

• Brohoof 1

Taking a break from the show? Yes, easy because I don't like to re-watch things.

Now, from the fandom? I couldn't if I tried... Everywhere I go, everything I do, I could possibly relate to MLP someway or another, which is bitter-sweet.

I am obsessed.. maybe I need a break o.o

Not really. I mean, I'm on here nearly everyday, mainly posting in the Fluttershy fan club. But I'll watch the occasional YouTube vid, or listen to brony music. :squee:

But Episode wise? I haven't seen an episode in a couple weeks now.. Been trying to get all 4 seasons downloaded and put in order and organized, so I can find them all.Heck, I haven't even seen Rainbow Rocks yet, and I downloaded that a week ago. I really should watch it...Wasn't a big fan of the first one, which is why I've been putting it off...that and I don't really consider the movie canon, with the whole humanized ponies thing...I like pony Fluttershy. :blush:

I do have weeks where I'm quite busy, and I'm in my last week of the current semester, which is kind of like a grand finale of sorts, meaning I've been pretty tied up. I suppose I haven't seen an episode of FiM in ages. However, prior to finishing season 4, I invested in all the IDW graphic novels available at the time(though I have fallen a little behind on those since), I went back and started watching previous gens and now I'm almost completely through G3(and may even just have G3.5 left), I recently invested in the Japan exclusive manga volume, and yesterday I ordered season 1 of FiM on DVD from Amazon with the intention of having all the seasons ASAP, and possible both Equestria Girls films. I also intend on catching up in the comics and possibly investing in the novels at some point, as well as The Elements of Harmony Guidebook and The Journal of the Two Sisters. Once I'm finished with G3.5, I might check out the Gameloft game. Oh, and I've made a point of checking up on this forum at least once daily.

Edited by Tross

Very much so. In fact, I actually see MLP as a bit of an afterthought nowadays; maybe it's because season 5 isn't here yet! MLP:FiM is a great show, and the community is great, but I'm not the kind of person who can think about MLP every waking moment of my life; I've got college work to do, websites to build, maps to draw, and anime to watch.