Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think names in the Dash family would be?

Rainb0wdashie

We know there's Rainbow Dash, but what do you think her siblings' names would be? 

Her brother?

Her mother?

Her sister?

Her father? 

And this may or may not be because I need a name for a Dash relative in this fanfic I'm writing...

One suggested name for her father was "Roy G. Biv". If you're looking for a name to use, Spectra would be nice for a Rainbow Dash relative as well. Basically anything light spectrum, rainbow, or weather related, and it would be nicer to meaningfully combine any more than one of those.

One suggested name for her father was "Roy G. Biv". If you're looking for a name to use, Spectra would be nice for a Rainbow Dash relative as well. Basically anything light spectrum, rainbow, or weather related, and it would be nicer to meaningfully combine any more than one of those.

Out of the four different forum threads this is the only response that has come remotely close to answering the question. 

Don't get me wrong, there've been some good answers, but you can only take so many "Rainbro Dash" jokes.  :yay:

More to the point though, based on what you said what would a sister of Rainbow Dash be called? And would it stick to the conventional naming methods where they keep the last name? It seems that MLP does this selectively. You have the Cake family where everypony shares the same last, but then you have the Apple family where everypony is named after an apple. 

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it. I need names. female names for a Dash relative  B)

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash's brother Brash Lookout is a Sky Officer in Cloudsdale. Rainbow Dash was mortified one day when he actually issued her a speeding ticket for flying too fast in a residential cloud-bank. 

(This has been lurking in my headcanon for a long time now!)

Out of the four different forum threads this is the only response that has come remotely close to answering the question. 

Don't get me wrong, there've been some good answers, but you can only take so many "Rainbro Dash" jokes.  :yay:

More to the point though, based on what you said what would a sister of Rainbow Dash be called? And would it stick to the conventional naming methods where they keep the last name? It seems that MLP does this selectively. You have the Cake family where everypony shares the same last, but then you have the Apple family where everypony is named after an apple. 

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it. I need names. female names for a Dash relative  B)

How about Heat Inversion as Rainbow Dash's really sexy big sister?

(She's a hottie!)

Or maybe Tornado Spin?

(She's fast in a DIFFERENT way, and makes all the Stallions dizzy!)

He comes my lazy side...

SPECTRUM!

... :D

How about Prism Disperse? I can almost hear Rainbow calling her Prizz for short.

Well there's Rainbow Blaze who may or may not be Dash's dad/older brother, though at least it's safe to say he's related to Dash in some way

img-2644621-1-CanterlotNights_017.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Well there's Rainbow Blaze who may or may not be Dash's dad/older brother, though at least it's safe to say he's related to Dash in some way

img-2644621-1-CanterlotNights_017.jpg

That would look to be the stallion on whose back filly Rainbow Dash was standing in a flashback scene in Games Ponies Play. I think we can safely assume it's her father.

As to his Mother's name, it could be anything.  I get the impression they don't change names at the wedding.  (Although, perhaps Cadence was an exception because she is a ruler.)  Also, look at the Apple family.  "Big" might be a nickname & Mackintosh is his legal name.

Maybe it is more sky names than rainbow names?  Maybe Skylark or Eclipse? (IRL, the name of a very famous racehorse)

I'd suggest Rainbow Brite, but I think that's taken :)

Everyone knows Equestrian names do not go by the same conventions as the real world. What is more common is theme naming for families.

For instance, you can look at the (relatively few) known and named relatives of main characters the show has given us, like the Apple Family, which has had the most. All are named after different kinds of apples, apple products, and other kinds of apple-related terms. The three siblings are Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Big Macintosh.

Additionally, Twilight's family all have canon names that have themes of light. Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor's parents are named Twilight Velvet and Night Light.

For Rainbow Dash's sister, if anything, we could use another name with "Rainbow" or "Dash" in it, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that. I think the best way we can come up with a name is if we knew more about her personality and what she looked like, that way we can pick one with meaning.

Well if Rainbow Dash's name says anything about the names of the rest of her family I assume her father would be called "Grey Dash", Though if it is Rainbow Blaze then I'd have a lot of questions about how naming works in equestria.

I think we've all had a lot of questions about how naming works in Equestria. I personally refuse to believe any pony parents would have first named their child "Bulk Biceps".

• Brohoof 1

I think we've all had a lot of questions about how naming works in Equestria. I personally refuse to believe any pony parents would have first named their child "Bulk Biceps".

Or Fluttershy, seriously with a name like that your just asking for bullies.