Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever done anything big?

I_wesley125

As far as I know, I haven't

But I am considering to do a meetup sometime, for sure it would be the biggest thing I would of done.........Right now though I'm not so sure if I should, I just think no one would attend

• 2 weeks later...

I... um, created MLP Forums? Does that count? This site has touched the lives of more people than anything else I've ever accomplished. :blush:

I've earned over $80000 in scholarships over the years. Took a 42K one to the current private school I go to, attend said institution on the arm. If it weren't for said scholarship, I'd be too poor to even walk in the door.

Kind of a big deal for me and my family.

Can you please share your secrets to getting $80k in scholarships? Money is the only thing I have in my way of attending a top university. :(

• Brohoof 5

I saved my grandma from choking once. She died several months later but not from choking. We were just lucky that I was in the same room as her when she started choking. Otherwise it wouldn't have ended well...

I helped write a play that was performed recorded then aired on a public access channel,

I also got credited in a German video game for some old code I wrote that helped them out.

so some small to medium things nothing really big.

My mother and I apparently had some influence on the "first internet nazi" guy named Milton John Kleim Jr. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Milton_Kleim

Back when in 1996 my mom was starting to talk to this man over a message thingy like yahoo called Pow Wow. The guy eventually told her that he had started a huge online gathering of White Supremacists on Usenet, but had backed away from the extremism, but still holding the ideology. On April 1st 1996 he put out a prank of him saying he met a woman at college and she converted him to basically being a non-racist. BUT on October 14 1996, he put out a letter on this group site starting the letter "For T" (my moms name is Tasina (ta-she-na)). And he states that he has repudiated all of these beliefs and is disgusted with himself for that, the last paragraph of the letter said "God Bless my dear friend, and her little boy, with all of Life's happiness."

Here is the letter. Him talking about me and my mother is down near the bottom of this link

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/people/k/kleim.milton/ftp.py?people/k/kleim.milton//1996/kleim.1096

I know i didn't do anything to help him, but somehow my mom got him to renounce his racist ways.

Other that that the biggest thing I have done was complain to McDonald's enough to give me free coupons haha.

• Brohoof 1

I got a scholarship for playing violin.......God damn I am a square

:o Violin player! Woop Woop :D

I've gotten a couple scholarships and won a couple competitions, not much though.

It's not me, but a guy I know won something at the National Science Fair for creating a system to identify different types of cancer tumors using calculus. Kind of a boss, HE'S gonna go far....

I... um, created MLP Forums? Does that count? This site has touched the lives of more people than anything else I've ever accomplished. :blush:

Can you please share your secrets to getting $80k in scholarships? Money is the only thing I have in my way of attending a top university. :(

If there were any secrets to it, I'd tell you. Believe me, I know as well as anyone that it's a shitty feeling knowing that one's financial state leaves them either trapped or with a lot of extra work ahead of them.

Putting yourself out there, doing (and recording) community service, networking with the right people and being a stellar writer / test taker help a lot. A healthy competitive spirit doesn't hurt either as several of the schools I applied to as an incoming Freshman required entrance exams - the aptitude of one student and the strength of their essay as assessed on said test not only got people into these schools but a select few in with scholarships! You have to reason with yourself and realize that the only thing keeping you from "taking gold" is other people, be it those applying to these schools or taking the entrance exams alongside you. It's cheesy, trite even, but telling yourself that you're better than them and believing that you can surmount the odds and rise to the top provides something of both a confidence and adrenaline boost that really helps with putting passion into application essay writing and test taking.

But that's just me. I kind of have a tendency to take opportunities to be "alpha" and run with it when the circumstances call for it.

Anyhow, by some stroke of luck, I got a full scholarship to the school I currently go to... which is good because I didn't really want to go anywhere else but where I currently attend.

If it's any consolation, I'm in the same boat and I feel your pain. If it weren't for the scholarships I got going into high school, I'd be attending some mediocre zone school with law enforcement paddy wagons stationed outside and drug rings ever present in the community. The money just isn't there for me and my family, makes things hard. Luckily, that's not the case but with college admissions on the frontier, it's yet another hurdle on the horizon for me. I run something of a local advertisement and logo design company out of my house and work at a pharmacy for $60 a week in the hopes of making ends meet, should I not receive enough money going into college.

Best of luck to both of us, I suppose. I'm sure things'll work out for the better and - at the very least! - I hope they'll work out for you. From the conversations we've had, I can tell you're a good natured sort at your core with a genuinely giving personality. You really seem to want to go to the optimal institute that'll allow you to get in touch with your abilities and make the world a little more enjoyable for people.

It'd be a crime if fate denied you that chance.

/end_tawdry_monologue_as_birthed_from_exhaustion

• Brohoof 3

That doesn't just count. That darn near closes the thread. How can one compete against this with a straight face? :D

Speaking just for myself, the "biggest" thing that I've done is to join this site. I would be lying if I said that it was just another forum. This place really does seem to have Da Magicks.

• Brohoof 4

i ate 450 hot wings to win a contest...thats my biggest accomplishments other than joinin thr forums XD i plan to break that record this summer though hehe

i also made it to level 37 in the first tetris on my gameboy

Edited by !DJ J0KA!XD

I Beat Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels(OK ill admit i did it in Super Mario All Stars for Wii which allowed me to save, and get a crap load of game overs, but the fact i made it through all that without giving up is pretty awesome to me), shaked charles martinets hand, and took a photo with him and my dad (Charles martinet is the voice of Mario, and several other Nintendo characters).

that is all i can think of right now...

Beat "Through the Fire and Flames" on Expert.

I remember the first time I did that. The feeling was amazing, but then I lost all respect for Dragonforce after I found out that they are a fake band. The intro for that song that they only show on two guitars is actually played on 7, and all of their concerts are pre-recorded, and when they go live, they play the recordings. I am a musician myself, and I can't stand bands that cheat like that,

As far as my biggest accomplisment, well I have a couple of them actually. The one I'm most proud of is being able to play Metallica's "One" on real guitar after only been playing for about a year and a half, (when I actually learned it. I've been playing for almost 3 now) The accomplishment that I take the most pride in thought was in my Senior Year of High School.

Sticking to the flow of music here, At my High School we had two different bands. "A" band and "B" band. Well, I was in "A" band at this time, (I also play trumpet) and every concert, there is a break between the two bands that play. Well, about a month or so before the senior concernt, my band director here's me playing one of the other songs I composed for Piano (I have hand written a 45 minute Piano Sonata that I've never published). My band director comes over to me and asks me if I wanted to put it in the line up for the Senior Concert at the end of the year, and I accepted it in an instant. I got my own slot on the flier and everything, and I will tell you this, there is NO better feeling that to get a chance to play a song that you've wrote in front of over a thousand people who have come to see everyone perform and hear them cheer. It was the final push that I've needed to go down the musical path. My only problem is now I'm a guitar player, and I'm struggling to get a band together.

I'm I found a guy that had crashed his dirt bike and broke his leg in the middle of no where and had to get help. Apperently if he had spent the night he easily could have gotten a blood clot and died.

Edited by jarrod989

i don't think i have yet...

*slaps face*

dammit Viscra, stop thinking like that!

okay, so my biggest accomplishment so far?

over 1 year ago, i was throughly depressed as shit. and i was able to get through it, and discover a LOT about myself i had NO idea about. i grew as a person, and my life became almost instantly a LOT more filled with happiness as a result. no.1 thing being music coming into my life, and falling in love, both passions which are still burning with the intensity of a thousand suns.

if THAT isn't an accomplishment, i don't know WHAT is.

Involved in the sale of a major bottling company. Also had input on a decision of a huge car company. Umm....not much really. I have a friend in a "high-up" place i hang out with.

Before you guess, i didnt know until i saw his house. lol.

I'm sure i've done more (more on the illegal side xD) that i'm not thinking of.

I'm humble. lmao. well, really just forgetful.

Got medical attention for a kid passed out in the boys bathroom back in 7th grade

Graduated from a 4-year university on time and with no debt (that can be considered big nowadays with the craziness that is student loans :P )

Was Marketing & Creative Captain for a school engineering team even though I wasn't at all an engineering major and raised a total of $7,000 in sponsorships total for two years.

• Brohoof 1

I got a scholarship for playing violin.......God damn I am a square

Nonsense! You have a talent and you are getting a just reward for your talent!

You should be proud! Violin Cutie Mark for Flut! :D

I... really didn't do much...

I got 3rd place in a regional computer fair for my video editing... but I'm not proud of that because I really didn't try! I'm almost ashamed that I got 3rd place when I shouldn't have entered in the first place!

I contributed to these forums since it was a wee wittle baby forum in November.

And lastly the only thing that is close to being anything big that I'm proud of is that I wrote a very important short story for a friend in need! http://mlpforums.com/topic/9422-the-watercolor-world-of-whitney-and-william/page__hl__watercolor

He enjoyed the story so at least something I made lived up to its purpose!

I really am a blank flank though! :P