Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever done anything big?

I_wesley125

I got a mod to say "I'll kill her" on a public chat, also at this one game I bought a grey coat for 200k, dyed green for 15k, then resold at 600k

Lets see... lotsa honor awards, almost died once, died 3 times in dreams, snapped and beat up a bully, played Last Post on trumpet in front of the school, saved a breakup (they were total strangers to me), deputy editor in chief for a magazine, and this random volunteering thingy where I hung out with a harvard-bound valedictorian (didn't know at the time)

thats the best I can spin it... so not much on the big scale

Edited by Whiteshade

• 3 years later...

Hardly anything at all, really. The only thing that pops to mind is that my professor requested to use my Comp II final research paper as a sample paper for the college. I agreed. That was over four years ago, now, though. o.o

I also won an award in a drawing competition. But that was back when I was in elementary school. Even still I have no idea how I got any kind of award. I guess my drawing must have been good for someone at that age, but my skill plateaued around that time, sadly.

The biggest thing I've done is beat stage 4 cancer, but it wasn't really me. It was all the wonderful doctors, surgeons, and nurses as well as the support of family and friends that helped me beat it. And most importantly prayer and faith. Without all these things, I probably wouldn't be here right now.

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 4

Well, this year I achieved a place among the highest average grades and helped a woman to save her allegedly agonizing dog. Not a lot, but those are the most remarkable things I can think of.

Once back in 2007 I spammed thousands of peoples emails with a viral video, and got contacted by the FBI about it. I got a warning and threatened with jail time. I was 15 at the time. Ahhh, the invincible feeling of youth. It was mostly because I hacked a network server obtaining tons of people personal info, none of which I had any real interest in. XD

As strange as it sounds, I have done several things in life that others might consider big.  I haven't exactly been rewarded tangibly for it, but I have done my share of things. 

The biggest thing I have probably done myself was....my sig thread here? I guess that counts. I have not accomplished a whole lot in my life, barely anything worthwhile at all. Of course, there is finding my boyfriend, but he is the one who made the first move, so he is the one who accomplished that. ^__^ 

• Brohoof 1

Uf-da. Well, so far, I have...

Become a Featured Author on wikiHow

Survived being hit by a car

Not dropped out of high school

Gotten my driver's license

Become certified in firearm handling and safety

Worked as a security guard for a Remedy Drive concert

Those are the biggest things I've done in my life. Eeyup.

• Brohoof 1

I made it to the state level of the Scripps Spelling Bee competition back in middle school. That was pretty cool.

I've also managed to overcome my self-harm addiction; three years clean, thanks to the support of a few select people.

Well, last week, I wrote a piece of software that automatically loads encrypted data onto flash drives when they're plugged in. The company that I work for is shipping a device with this program running to Australia next week! It's the first program ive ever written which will be used by an actual external person rather than in-house.

Edited by Celtore

• 4 years later...
(edited)

The last time I did something even remotely worth being proud of was probably when I took 3rd place in a spelling bee a year ahead of my time. When I was 9. 

Now that I think about it, I let go of a lot of brewing anger and resentment I had last year, and I decided to try and be a good person to those around me. I guess that was kinda nice too.

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Tuna
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I guess I have.

• I marched in the DC Memorial Day Parade, after winning the state marching contest a year earlier. One VERY bad and one middling director later, it hasn't happened for the school since. One time where I can say that a politician that in this case I know to be corrupt actually had somebody like me in mind.
  • I also made it to a state-level academic meet in high school when I was a sophomore. I actually almost made it a second time as a senior...
  • I moved halfway across the country. I got to go to quite a few places on the way which honestly influenced me more than I really realized then.
  • I play-tested a game I created. When I get the chance to print stuff out, I'LL RELEASE IT (not like officially or anything, just as a print-and-play game). That play test went poorly, but I learned a lot so it was a good thing.
  • I moved to my boyfriend's house pretty much permanently late last year. :D Hopefully it works out.
  • Making it to Diamond in ranked Paladins should have been very important to me, but the community is f***ing racist. Though I guess now that I play TF2, I'd say the most important game experience relating to me becoming good at one would be the times I beat out a pro sniper in a sniper duel.
Edited by Dustlicious ( > ω < )

• 1 year later...