Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Swirly

SparklingSwirls

I am sorry for you with your friend. 

What is your current biggest dream?

When I think on Instagram, I often wonder if people are not a little bit too open about themself and their life. I mean, some people post everything about themself online. How do you see that?  aj-hm.png

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, IronM17 said:

I am sorry for you with your friend. 

What is your current biggest dream?

When I think on Instagram, I often wonder if people are not a little bit too open about themself and their life. I mean, some people post everything about themself online. How do you see that?  aj-hm.png

Thanks...

I just want to always (or almost always) be happy. :)

Yeah I feel ya. Personally, I don't like to post too much about myself online, but if others want to do it then that's their decision, I guess :huh:.

• Brohoof 2

Hello again, Swirly!

1. If the technology to do this ever comes out in our time, would you go through a portal to Equestria and turn into your OC?

2. How do you cope with stress?

3. What is your funniest story ever?

I have really missed asking you things, btw...

• Brohoof 1

On 2/25/2018 at 10:35 PM, ChB said:

@SparklingSwirls

How many languages do you know?

How many foreign countries have you visited?

Well I only really know English and French well, but I study Spanish and German too. :) 

Six! Canada when I was a little kid, and more recently some countries in Europe.

On 2/26/2018 at 6:40 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, @SparklingSwirls!

I'm sorry if you've been asked this before but: 

"What is your favorite thing about MLP Forums?"

Thank You *so* much for answering my question! :D

The community, of course! Even though my interest in the show has declined a lot since I joined, the people here keep me coming back all the time :)

On 2/26/2018 at 6:59 PM, IronM17 said:

Do you know some words from Pennsylvanian Dutch?

Isn't it funny that the origin of Pennsylvanian Dutch is from my region (Rhineland-Palatinate) and I don't understand any words? XD

No I don't actually... but maybe I should learn some :ooh: 

That is a little funny but I suppose it has been awhile since the Pennsylvania Dutch speakers lived in Germany :P. It's kind of funny that you asked me this though, since there is actually a large Pennsylvania Dutch/amish community not too far from where I live. So I have seen several "Dutch" restaurants/shops but it's amish food and not food from the Netherlands, no stroopwafels for me :derp: 

On 2/26/2018 at 7:03 PM, Nightfall Gloam said:

Hello again, Swirly!

1. If the technology to do this ever comes out in our time, would you go through a portal to Equestria and turn into your OC?

2. How do you cope with stress?

3. What is your funniest story ever?

I have really missed asking you things, btw...

1. Ehh sure why not! Well, that's assuming I could come back to Earth whenever I wanted to :P 

2. Sleep :lie: 

3. Oh boy I would have to think about this... here's one (third post from the bottom) Maybe not the funniest ever, but it came to mind!

Aww well you can ask me as many questions as you like! :yay: 

• Brohoof 3

To my defence, I have read that the origins of the Pennsylvanian Dutch is mostly from the southern regions of Rhineland-Palatinate, and I live in the northern regions. 

Btw.: I find it funny that they call it dutch instead of Deutsch or german. 

Do you like the german cuisine?

Do you have a favorite german dish?

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Aww well you can ask me as many questions as you like! :yay: 

Are you suuure about that? One of these days, I'll ask you over 100 questions in a single post, then!

1. Are you interested in going to Bangkok in Thailand by any chance?
  2. If Lyra Heartstrings were to somehow contact you and ask you about humans and what its like on Earth, how would you describe our species and life here?
  3. What is your favourite childhood movie?
  4. What is your favourite movie currently?
  5. Have you ever watched a foreign, independent film in another language?
  6. Opinion on Doctor Who?
  7. Do you have a lucky number? If so, what is it?
  8. What keeps you happy and optimistic?
  9. What is your fondest memory of the past?
  10. Does anything bug you? If so, what is it?
  11. Does the U.S.A (or, on a smaller scale, your home state) have anything that is an equivalent of Sausage Sizzles in Australia and New Zealand?
  12. Would you like it if Raven were to ever come to these forums?
  13. Have you ever thought about travelling to the Philippines?

That's all (for now...) :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

On 2/27/2018 at 8:32 PM, IronM17 said:

To my defence, I have read that the origins of the Pennsylvanian Dutch is mostly from the southern regions of Rhineland-Palatinate, and I live in the northern regions. 

Btw.: I find it funny that they call it dutch instead of Deutsch or german. 

Do you like the german cuisine?

Do you have a favorite german dish?

Well, people probably thought that "Deutsch" sounded just like "Dutch". :wacko: 

Of course I do! Though a lot of it is too heavy for me, but I can always find something I like.

Käsespätzle! :nom: 

On 2/27/2018 at 9:00 PM, Nightfall Gloam said:

Are you suuure about that? One of these days, I'll ask you over 100 questions in a single post, then!

1. Are you interested in going to Bangkok in Thailand by any chance?
  2. If Lyra Heartstrings were to somehow contact you and ask you about humans and what its like on Earth, how would you describe our species and life here?
  3. What is your favourite childhood movie?
  4. What is your favourite movie currently?
  5. Have you ever watched a foreign, independent film in another language?
  6. Opinion on Doctor Who?
  7. Do you have a lucky number? If so, what is it?
  8. What keeps you happy and optimistic?
  9. What is your fondest memory of the past?
  10. Does anything bug you? If so, what is it?
  11. Does the U.S.A (or, on a smaller scale, your home state) have anything that is an equivalent of Sausage Sizzles in Australia and New Zealand?
  12. Would you like it if Raven were to ever come to these forums?
  13. Have you ever thought about travelling to the Philippines?

That's all (for now...) :bedeyes:

Oh boy, if you asked me over 100 questions, I would have to give you some sort of prize :lol:

1. Well it's not really on my list of countries I'd like to go to, but sure I'd go, why not!
  2. Hmm... maybe I would try to explain the internet :blink: 
  3. I never watched a lot of movies as a kid...
  4. "The Hundred Foot Journey" has been my favorite movie for awhile. It's about cooking (French food :nom:)!
  5. Not all the way through, but I should try that sometime.
  6. I've never seen it but the concept seems pretty cool ^^
  7. Nope!
  8. My friends :kindness: 
  9. Going to the ocean with my dad :adorkable: 
  10. Most things that bug me are pretty serious things, but how about... when the forums are down :maud:
  11. Maybe? People will cook hot dogs and stuff but I don't know if there's a name for it.
  12. I wouldn't like it if it made you uncomfortable, but sure it would be cool to meet her :) 
  13. Yes actually! I doubt I'll ever go, but one of my old friends lives there so he used to tell me about it.
  • Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Do you know that we have a baked good here in germany called amerikaner? cl-rd-laugh.png

No I didn't know that! *looks it up* So they are New York black and white cookies, apparently :ooh:. Interesting!

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Oh boy, if you asked me over 100 questions, I would have to give you some sort of prize :lol:

1. Well it's not really on my list of countries I'd like to go to, but sure I'd go, why not!
  2. Hmm... maybe I would try to explain the internet :blink: 
  3. I never watched a lot of movies as a kid...
  4. "The Hundred Foot Journey" has been my favorite movie for awhile. It's about cooking (French food :nom:)!
  5. Not all the way through, but I should try that sometime.
  6. I've never seen it but the concept seems pretty cool ^^
  7. Nope!
  8. My friends :kindness: 
  9. Going to the ocean with my dad :adorkable: 
  10. Most things that bug me are pretty serious things, but how about... when the forums are down :maud:
  11. Maybe? People will cook hot dogs and stuff but I don't know if there's a name for it.
  12. I wouldn't like it if it made you uncomfortable, but sure it would be cool to meet her :) 
  13. Yes actually! I doubt I'll ever go, but one of my old friends lives there so he used to tell me about it.

We'll see if that idea becomes reality... :P

1. Yeah. Bangkok is a nice city, and I'd definitely go back there some day, especially to try all the food. Have you ever had Thai food, by the way?
  2. Good luck on that one! :lol: Do you think Starshine and Lyra would be good friends?
  3. Aww... What about the Renaissance Era Disney films? (my favourite of all time from that collection would have to the The Lion King, btw)
  4. Ooh, considering the videos I've been watching on YouTube at the moment, that does seem interesting! Any particular highlight from the movie?
  5. Yeah. I watched Ghost in the Shell on Apple TV one time with my brothers and dad and we had to sit through the whole thing with subtitles. Managed to make it through, and honestly kind of wanting to see more foreign films, but I digress. Do you remember anything about the movie you watched?
  6. I used to watch Doctor Who back when I was a teen. Funny story, when I was a kid, I used to actually be afraid of the Doctor Who theme song, and would always switch the TV off when it played.
  7. Makes sense. Truthfully, I'm not even sure why some people believe in lucky numbers, but that's a topic for another time. Personally, I think 4, 11 and 8 are all my lucky numbers, especially because of how prevalent they seem to be in my life (they're even in my birthday) Illuminati confirmed
  8. I don't even know what I'd do without having friends. Be it you, Jade, Wannabrony, and even all of my IRL friends. I'm just so grateful to have you all, even if it might not come off that way thanks to the limits of text. :rarity: Going off topic a little, I'm not even sure why I ever left MLP Forums in the first place now, especially for as long as I did... :(
  9. Sounds like it must have been fun. For me personally, I like to think of my whole childhood as one big fond memory...
  10. Yeah, forums being down can get really annoying. I still get issues with the search function not working properly and that gets annoying real quick.
  11. I see... Yeah, sausage sizzles tend to be a more special event run by schools, businesses and stuff with the intention of supporting the local community, if that piece of information helps at all.
  12. If it ever happened, I'd probably be more shocked at first, but I'm sure she'd get along with everyone here and I'd still welcome her, though honestly I'd probably spend a lot of time chatting with her through PM and try to sort some of the more personal issues between her and I out... My relationship with her was always a pretty rocky one if I'm being honest, but at least through here, I'd be able to tell her everything I need to in a single private message, which already makes this place far better than PonyTown. Looking at how these first two months have gone though, I'm sure both her and I have grown a lot and I cannot predict what will happen between us should we ever cross paths again. I should really have told you my response to this on Discord or through the PM since its an entire wall of text on its own. Not sure how exactly I'd feel uncomfortable seeing her again, and with new people joining here pretty regularly, I guess in light of season 8 coming, I don't doubt her coming here some day. Do you think I made the right decision when I decided to try and move on from her, even though it turns out my feelings never really went away completely and it seems more like I just let go?
  13. Yeah, the Philippines does seem like a very fun place, and I know I'd love going there. :) Have you ever had either Halo-Halo or Leche Flan?

Not as many questions this time, but I haven't given up yet! This took longer than expected to respond to, though XD.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

No I didn't know that! *looks it up* So they are New York black and white cookies, apparently :ooh:. Interesting!

I guess this could be the reason why they are named amerikaner. But honestly, I never seen them in black-white, only in white.

Anyway, what is your favorite american dish?

And what your least favorite american dish? 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 8:55 PM, Me. said:

We'll see if that idea becomes reality... :P

1. Yeah. Bangkok is a nice city, and I'd definitely go back there some day, especially to try all the food. Have you ever had Thai food, by the way?
  2. Good luck on that one! :lol: Do you think Starshine and Lyra would be good friends?
  3. Aww... What about the Renaissance Era Disney films? (my favourite of all time from that collection would have to the The Lion King, btw)
  4. Ooh, considering the videos I've been watching on YouTube at the moment, that does seem interesting! Any particular highlight from the movie?
  5. Yeah. I watched Ghost in the Shell on Apple TV one time with my brothers and dad and we had to sit through the whole thing with subtitles. Managed to make it through, and honestly kind of wanting to see more foreign films, but I digress. Do you remember anything about the movie you watched?
  6. I used to watch Doctor Who back when I was a teen. Funny story, when I was a kid, I used to actually be afraid of the Doctor Who theme song, and would always switch the TV off when it played.
  7. Makes sense. Truthfully, I'm not even sure why some people believe in lucky numbers, but that's a topic for another time. Personally, I think 4, 11 and 8 are all my lucky numbers, especially because of how prevalent they seem to be in my life (they're even in my birthday) Illuminati confirmed
  8. I don't even know what I'd do without having friends. Be it you, Jade, Wannabrony, and even all of my IRL friends. I'm just so grateful to have you all, even if it might not come off that way thanks to the limits of text. :rarity: Going off topic a little, I'm not even sure why I ever left MLP Forums in the first place now, especially for as long as I did... :(
  9. Sounds like it must have been fun. For me personally, I like to think of my whole childhood as one big fond memory...
  10. Yeah, forums being down can get really annoying. I still get issues with the search function not working properly and that gets annoying real quick.
  11. I see... Yeah, sausage sizzles tend to be a more special event run by schools, businesses and stuff with the intention of supporting the local community, if that piece of information helps at all.
  12. If it ever happened, I'd probably be more shocked at first, but I'm sure she'd get along with everyone here and I'd still welcome her, though honestly I'd probably spend a lot of time chatting with her through PM and try to sort some of the more personal issues between her and I out... My relationship with her was always a pretty rocky one if I'm being honest, but at least through here, I'd be able to tell her everything I need to in a single private message, which already makes this place far better than PonyTown. Looking at how these first two months have gone though, I'm sure both her and I have grown a lot and I cannot predict what will happen between us should we ever cross paths again. I should really have told you my response to this on Discord or through the PM since its an entire wall of text on its own. Not sure how exactly I'd feel uncomfortable seeing her again, and with new people joining here pretty regularly, I guess in light of season 8 coming, I don't doubt her coming here some day. Do you think I made the right decision when I decided to try and move on from her, even though it turns out my feelings never really went away completely and it seems more like I just let go?
  13. Yeah, the Philippines does seem like a very fun place, and I know I'd love going there. :) Have you ever had either Halo-Halo or Leche Flan?

Not as many questions this time, but I haven't given up yet! This took longer than expected to respond to, though XD.

Oh, I forgot about this for a little while :P

1. Yeah I think I've had pad thai before. I might have had other Thai foods too, but I can't remember any off the top of my head.
  2. Maybe, I don't know, but sure why not :derp: 
  3. I actually don't remember watching them as a kid. I've watched them within the past few years though! I don't know exactly which ones count as "Renaissance Era" but my favorite Disney movies are the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, and Treasure Planet. Yes, Treasure Planet :P. I've worked on musicals for the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, so yeah those are great too.
  4. I just liked looking at all the food, really :nom:. Though the characters are great too. Here's the trailer if you want to check it out.
  5. No I don't, sorry... I don't watch that many movies, honestly :sealed:

12. Well, I don't think you had much of a choice, really... if she's been gone for this long, then could you even say you're still in a relationship? :S I do think you made the right choice. There's someone out there for you, I know it!

13. I've never had halo-halo but I've had flan! It was at a Spanish restaurant though, so maybe the Filipino kind is different. 

On 3/6/2018 at 12:12 PM, IronM17 said:

I guess this could be the reason why they are named amerikaner. But honestly, I never seen them in black-white, only in white.

Anyway, what is your favorite american dish?

And what your least favorite american dish? 

1. I actually can't think of any completely American dishes that I like :huh: 

2. Anything deep fried. Yuck...!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
45 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

You? Why not Du for the nickname? XD

Btw.: What is it with all the personal pronouns as nicknames? Did I miss something? XD

Well nicknames have to be at least three characters, apparently :P. I could have done "Du." though... but not everyone knows what it means :wacko:. But someone did call themselves "Nosotros".

Naming myself "You" was just a silly idea thought of by @Her! I didn't expect it take off :P 

Edited by You
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, You said:

Oh, I forgot about this for a little while :P

1. Yeah I think I've had pad thai before. I might have had other Thai foods too, but I can't remember any off the top of my head.
  2. Maybe, I don't know, but sure why not :derp: 
  3. I actually don't remember watching them as a kid. I've watched them within the past few years though! I don't know exactly which ones count as "Renaissance Era" but my favorite Disney movies are the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, and Treasure Planet. Yes, Treasure Planet :P. I've worked on musicals for the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, so yeah those are great too.
  4. I just liked looking at all the food, really :nom:. Though the characters are great too. Here's the trailer if you want to check it out.
  5. No I don't, sorry... I don't watch that many movies, honestly :sealed:

12. Well, I don't think you had much of a choice, really... if she's been gone for this long, then could you even say you're still in a relationship? :S I do think you made the right choice. There's someone out there for you, I know it!

13. I've never had halo-halo but I've had flan! It was at a Spanish restaurant though, so maybe the Filipino kind is different. 

That reminds me, I need to answer some of my own questions :P 

1. I see. I vaguely remember having Pad Thai on my trip to Thailand, should probably learn to make it myself and give it another try. Thai curries are a MUST though!
  2. Yeah, I could see it working out...
  3. "Renaissance Era" refers to all the Disney movies that came out between 1989 and 1999, after their dark ages. During this period, Disney was starting to be taken seriously again, and they came out with many great films such as The Lion King (1994), Pocahontas (1995), Mulan (1998) and Beauty and the Beast (1991). Due to growing up on many of them, it is probably my favourite era when it comes to Disney history. If you want to learn more, I have a feeling @We. could tell you all the trivia!
  4. Once I go home, I'll check it out ^^
  5. I see... I'm guessing it has a lot to do with your theater work, and just finding working in entertainment more interesting?
  6. (12) I already said most of what I needed to say in response on Discord. Truth be told, I've always felt like Raven was meant to be that "someone out there", but I guess that must only be in my mind considering where we are now...
  7. (13) I've had neither, but would love to try them! I think I remember a travel channel I watch on YouTube saying something about Flan's having a bit of a different taste in the Philippines. 

What did you think of Bronies when you first heard about them?

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Oh, I seem to have forgotten this again :derp:

On 3/28/2018 at 8:42 PM, Nightfall Gloam said:

That reminds me, I need to answer some of my own questions :P 

1. I see. I vaguely remember having Pad Thai on my trip to Thailand, should probably learn to make it myself and give it another try. Thai curries are a MUST though!
  2. Yeah, I could see it working out...
  3. "Renaissance Era" refers to all the Disney movies that came out between 1989 and 1999, after their dark ages. During this period, Disney was starting to be taken seriously again, and they came out with many great films such as The Lion King (1994), Pocahontas (1995), Mulan (1998) and Beauty and the Beast (1991). Due to growing up on many of them, it is probably my favourite era when it comes to Disney history. If you want to learn more, I have a feeling @We. could tell you all the trivia!
  4. Once I go home, I'll check it out ^^
  5. I see... I'm guessing it has a lot to do with your theater work, and just finding working in entertainment more interesting?
  6. (12) I already said most of what I needed to say in response on Discord. Truth be told, I've always felt like Raven was meant to be that "someone out there", but I guess that must only be in my mind considering where we are now...
  7. (13) I've had neither, but would love to try them! I think I remember a travel channel I watch on YouTube saying something about Flan's having a bit of a different taste in the Philippines. 

What did you think of Bronies when you first heard about them?

5. Possibly... but the main reason why I don't watch many movies is because it takes too much effort to sit and watch something for 3 hours straight, unless I'm really interested in it :P. I would rather do something more interactive.

Well, that was back in late 2011 so I don't really remember, but I don't think I thought very much about it :huh:. I guess I thought that in order for the show to have such a big following among older fans, it must be a good show :P 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 12:18 AM, Chrysalis14 said:

How tall are you in real life?

I'm around 5'2"! So yeah, that's pretty short :wacko: 

On 5/13/2018 at 12:19 AM, Nightfall Gloam said:

Hey, Swirls!

What is your all time favourite thing to do?

I've gotta say traveling. Seeing new places just fascinates me :ooh: 

But hanging out with you guys on the forums is a close second!

On 5/13/2018 at 12:37 AM, GrimGrimoire said:

What is something you have not, and will never buy?

Cigarettes :eww: Absolutely disgusting.

• Brohoof 2