Ask Swirly

SparklingSwirls

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
On 7/4/2018 at 8:59 PM, Chrysalis14 said:

How are you spending 4th of July today or how did you spent it? :ooh: 

I don't celebrate the 4th of July.

On 7/4/2018 at 9:06 PM, Nightfall Gloam said:

What is one thing you are looking forward to in the near future?

Starting at university and finally getting to study things I'm interested in :)

On 7/5/2018 at 7:13 PM, Stormfury said:

What's the memeing of life?

It's @meme, of course! ...Oh wait, he's not meme anymore. Well I suppose there is none then :wacko: 

On 7/6/2018 at 12:32 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

@SparklingSwirls

"Does harnessing the power of the "SparklingSwirl" take a long time to master?" :umad:

Nah, you just gotta believe! And be silly! :yay: 

On 7/6/2018 at 1:52 AM, Stormfury said:

Can you dork like this?

obaf2lv.gif

I think it takes a special kind of dork to pull that off :P 

On 7/18/2018 at 12:38 AM, Nightfall Gloam said:

Do you look at MLP fan art often? Is there any MLP fan art you really like? 

No not usually.

I like to look at art (especially OC art) that my friends make! Apart from that I like a lot of background/landscape art of different places in Equestria, especially of places not featured in the show as much. Like this one of Hollow Shades: https://www.deviantart.com/wilvarin-liadon/art/A-starry-night-in-Hollow-Shades-661354471

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 3

On 8/2/2018 at 7:14 PM, YourElectricityBill said:

What are your favorite channels on Youtube? :huh:

Well I think I already told you some of them, but I'll try to think of another... oh yeah, brutalmoose! He reviews everything from old computer games to frozen food to... even a 4D science kit? :sunbutt: 

On 8/2/2018 at 7:57 PM, Nightfall Gloam said:

How does one Swirl? :p

Uhh... turn around and around in a circle? :P I wouldn't do that though, I get dizzy easily

On 8/2/2018 at 8:02 PM, Darth Vader said:

OwO

can you inspire me to make a Ask (insert name here) topic?

It's fun! You'll get a bunch of entertaining questions and sometimes you'll really have to think for an answer.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:05 AM, IronM17 said:

Hi swirly, how are you?

Is it also so hot in Ohio?

Where would you like to be mostly at this moment?

I'm doing well!

Yes it's been very hot :scoots:

Heh... that's a secret ;) 

On 8/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, Chrysalis14 said:

Are you planning to make your hair straight or in a different hairstyle?

Do you also paint your nails at all?

Nah, I'll probably just keep the same hairstyle :derp: 

Nope

• Brohoof 3

Hey, SwirlySwirls! ^^

1. What exactly is a State Fair? I've been coming across them quite a bit while looking things up to do with the United States. Also, have you ever been to one?
  2. Favourite Star Wars movie?
  3. What is one food you've always wanted to try, but never had the time or ingredients required to cook?
  4. Have you ever been to the UK?
  5. Do you listen to any rock music?
  6. Do you want to visit Queensland?
  7. Is there any holidays you celebrate, either from your own culture or another culture?
  8. What would you do if Maud nom'd your hair?
  9. Favourite fruit?
  10. How much of the U.S.A have you been to?
  11. What is the most confusing thing you've ever thought of?
  12. How would you react if your life suddenly went in reverse?
  13. Wackiest song you've ever listened to?
  14. So, we have our own variant of Eagles here in Australia, and just like everything else in this country, they are kinda scary. Does this meme embarrass you, as an American?
  15. Applejack visits your house, your reaction?
  16. Have you ever made any food with recipes involving Nutella?
  17. You discover the clone pool from "Too Many Pinkie Pies", what do you do?
  18. Do you do any baking? Anything you recommend I give a try if I start baking again?
  19. A representative of Nintendo comes to your house and gives you a free Nintendo Switch for no reason, sort of like in the early Wii ads, do you accept this gift?
  20. Have you ever experienced a real life plot twist?
  21. What flavour cake would you like for your upcoming birthday?
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 8/12/2018 at 9:04 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, @SparklingSwirls/BFFFF! :D

"How often do people call you SwirlingSparkles?

Hello!

I don't think anyone has called me that before, or if they have then I don't remember :derp: 

On 8/13/2018 at 3:28 AM, Nightfall Gloam said:

Hey, SwirlySwirls! ^^

1. What exactly is a State Fair? I've been coming across them quite a bit while looking things up to do with the United States. Also, have you ever been to one?
  2. Favourite Star Wars movie?
  3. What is one food you've always wanted to try, but never had the time or ingredients required to cook?
  4. Have you ever been to the UK?
  5. Do you listen to any rock music?
  6. Do you want to visit Queensland?
  7. Is there any holidays you celebrate, either from your own culture or another culture?
  8. What would you do if Maud nom'd your hair?
  9. Favourite fruit?
  10. How much of the U.S.A have you been to?
  11. What is the most confusing thing you've ever thought of?
  12. How would you react if your life suddenly went in reverse?
  13. Wackiest song you've ever listened to?
  14. So, we have our own variant of Eagles here in Australia, and just like everything else in this country, they are kinda scary. Does this meme embarrass you, as an American?
  15. Applejack visits your house, your reaction?
  16. Have you ever made any food with recipes involving Nutella?
  17. You discover the clone pool from "Too Many Pinkie Pies", what do you do?
  18. Do you do any baking? Anything you recommend I give a try if I start baking again?
  19. A representative of Nintendo comes to your house and gives you a free Nintendo Switch for no reason, sort of like in the early Wii ads, do you accept this gift?
  20. Have you ever experienced a real life plot twist?
  21. What flavour cake would you like for your upcoming birthday?

Hey GloamyGloam! :nom:

1. Hmm I think people just set up booths where they sell stuff (food, random merchandise, etc) and sometimes there are rides you can go on, or car shows, or maybe a music venue. I've never been to the Ohio state fair (in Colombus I'm guessing) but I've been to some local fairs when I was a kid. 
  2. I don't actually like Star Wars, sorry... I just could never get into it. I haven't seen any Star Wars movies the whole way through.
  3. I've tried every food I've ever wanted to try (I've found a restaurant at least) but for something I've always wanted to make but haven't been able to... french pastries come to mind, like souffles, mille-feuilles, or maybe a st honore cake :P 
  4. No net yet, but I'll get there someday!
  5. Yeah, sometimes I'll be in the mood for it :) 
  6. Sure, why not? It's not the first place in Australia that I would visit, but it looks like fun!
  7. Just birthdays usually, and Christmas sometimes if my cousins are in town. I'm not really a big holiday person :maud:
  8. I would probably tell her to stop, that'd be a little weird xD
  9. Passion fruit!
  10. I just counted; I have been to 18 states. Plus DC of course!
  11. What if reality is all a dream? What if we wake up in another universe? :sunbutt: 
  12. I would honestly be pretty sad; I've been looking forward to moving on with my life and living in a new place :D 
  13. Probably a Weird Al song :P  
  14. Why would that embarrass me? That's hilarious! xD
  15. Uhhhh how the heck did this happen :blink: 
  16. I've made crepes before with Nutella filling! 
  17. I stay far, far away from it :laugh:. Besides, I've already had my fun with "cloning" in my avatar army.
  18. Yeah, sometimes! How about you make some swirl pastries? :nom: Or let's see... coffee cake isn't too hard, and it's tasty!
  19. Sure, but I'll only have a couple days to play it until I move away. I won't have a TV in my dorm room so I won't be able to take it with me. If he didn't give me any games though I don't think I would buy any since like I said, I only have a few more days here. 
  20. Nope, I don't think so.
  21. Chocolate mousse, the usual! :nom:  
Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2

1. What sort of last name do you want for your name?

2. What sort of desserts do you like eating?

3. What sort of food is your state known for?

4. What would you do if someone stole your glasses?

5. Your reaction if there was a plushie of Starshine?

6. What was the history of you using 89 again?

7. What would be your reaction if a certain someone were to use the number 89 or colours based on Starshine as a tribute to the great SwirlySwirls?

15 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Hello!

I don't think anyone has called me that before, or if they have then I don't remember :derp: 

Hey GloamyGloam! :nom:

1. Hmm I think people just set up booths where they sell stuff (food, random merchandise, etc) and sometimes there are rides you can go on, or car shows, or maybe a music venue. I've never been to the Ohio state fair (in Colombus I'm guessing) but I've been to some local fairs when I was a kid. 
  2. I don't actually like Star Wars, sorry... I just could never get into it. I haven't seen any Star Wars movies the whole way through.
  3. I've tried every food I've ever wanted to try (I've found a restaurant at least) but for something I've always wanted to make but haven't been able to... french pastries come to mind, like souffles, mille-feuilles, or maybe a st honore cake :P 
  4. No net yet, but I'll get there someday!
  5. Yeah, sometimes I'll be in the mood for it :) 
  6. Sure, why not? It's not the first place in Australia that I would visit, but it looks like fun!
  7. Just birthdays usually, and Christmas sometimes if my cousins are in town. I'm not really a big holiday person :maud:
  8. I would probably tell her to stop, that'd be a little weird xD
  9. Passion fruit!
  10. I just counted; I have been to 18 states. Plus DC of course!
  11. What if reality is all a dream? What if we wake up in another universe? :sunbutt: 
  12. I would honestly be pretty sad; I've been looking forward to moving on with my life and living in a new place :D 
  13. Probably a Weird Al song :P  
  14. Why would that embarrass me? That's hilarious! xD
  15. Uhhhh how the heck did this happen :blink: 
  16. I've made crepes before with Nutella filling! 
  17. I stay far, far away from it :laugh:. Besides, I've already had my fun with "cloning" in my avatar army.
  18. Yeah, sometimes! How about you make some swirl pastries? :nom: Or let's see... coffee cake isn't too hard, and it's tasty!
  19. Sure, but I'll only have a couple days to play it until I move away. I won't have a TV in my dorm room so I won't be able to take it with me. If he didn't give me any games though I don't think I would buy any since like I said, I only have a few more days here. 
  20. Nope, I don't think so.
  21. Chocolate mousse, the usual! :nom:  

You don't think number 6 has anything to do with me or Surfer's Paradise? :P 

• Brohoof 2

23 minutes ago, Chrysalis14 said:

1. What sort of last name do you want for your name?

2. What sort of desserts do you like eating?

3. What sort of food is your state known for?

4. What would you do if someone stole your glasses?

5. Your reaction if there was a plushie of Starshine?

6. What was the history of you using 89 again?

7. What would be your reaction if a certain someone were to use the number 89 or colours based on Starshine as a tribute to the great SwirlySwirls?

You don't think number 6 has anything to do with me or Surfer's Paradise? :P 

1. Some awesome-sounding foreign name :laugh: 
  2. French desserts, and all kinds of pastries
  3. Hmm “buckeyes” maybe? (chocolate and peanut butter candy)
  4. Punch them! :glimmer: (nah just kidding. I’d probably run into a wall before I could punch anybody)
  5. I would be surprised, but it would b pretty cool :) 
  6. There’s no story to it; I just randomly chose a number.
  7. I would be honored! :squee: 
  8. I’ve never heard of “Surfer’s Paradise” but sure, I could visit you :P 
  • Brohoof 1

On 8/18/2018 at 8:24 AM, Chrysalis89 said:

I don't know if this is a personal question or not, but what car did your family drive when you were young?

It was a Honda van. I don’t remember exactly what it was called.

22 hours ago, IronM17 said:

How about Müller or Schmitz? rd-twilight2.png

Yes, German names are great :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

It was a Honda van. I don’t remember exactly what it was called.

Yes, German names are great :mlp_icwudt:

So a Honda Odyssey?

Jeanne Schmitz? I like the sound of that.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 6:36 PM, IronM17 said:

Do you also like german firstnames?

You know what’s a great name? Dominik :orly: 

On 8/20/2018 at 11:07 PM, Chrysalis89 said:

So a Honda Odyssey?

Jeanne Schmitz? I like the sound of that.

It might have been...

Sure :P 

• Brohoof 1

Hey, Swirly! Before I ask you any questions, I just wanted to remind you that I'm still really happy we're friends again. Also, I'm sorry for deleting those questions before, but I think I remember some of them, so I'll ask you now:

1. How is Washington, D.C?
  2. If we ever (hopefully) met in real life and got to hang out at my city, what is one land mark you've always wanted to visit?
  3. I asked Battenberg this recently, might as well ask you too, what was your dream job?
  4. Ever played a Kirby game before? If so, what do you think of the suspiciously cute pink ball?
  5. What is the best food made with bacon and eggs?
  6. Have you ever wanted to visit a country because its part of your heritage?
  • Brohoof 1

What do you think of names like Burghard, Hannes or Edeltraud?

So, you are in Washington D.C. now?

How is the weather their?

Was you at the washington monument or the Lincoln Memorial? 

• Brohoof 1

On 9/3/2018 at 7:30 PM, Nightfall Gloam said:

Hey, Swirly! Before I ask you any questions, I just wanted to remind you that I'm still really happy we're friends again. Also, I'm sorry for deleting those questions before, but I think I remember some of them, so I'll ask you now:

1. How is Washington, D.C?
  2. If we ever (hopefully) met in real life and got to hang out at my city, what is one land mark you've always wanted to visit?
  3. I asked Battenberg this recently, might as well ask you too, what was your dream job?
  4. Ever played a Kirby game before? If so, what do you think of the suspiciously cute pink ball?
  5. What is the best food made with bacon and eggs?
  6. Have you ever wanted to visit a country because its part of your heritage?

Yeah I’m glad too :)

1. It’s great! ...For the most part. Everything is so expensive here, and the weather is still really hot, 90°F/32.2°C every day :scoots:. But fortunately it should cool down soon. And the metro is fun and I do love the architecture here, everything is so flat :P 
  2. Hmm how about the “Finder’s Street Station”? :ooh: It might be fun to ride trains around Australia.
  3. I don’t know, maybe a food critic? I’d be good at that :P But more realistically, I really don’t know yet...
  4. Yeah, he’s so cute! I love playing as him in Smash Bros and eating everyone :nom:. Though I usually go with King Dedede since he’s stronger.
  5. Carbonara pasta, for sure. Though that’s taking “bacon” a bit liberally there :P 
  6. Just because it’s part of my heritage? Nah. As far as I know I just have British heritage, but I would love to travel around the UK, albeit for different reasons :) 
1 hour ago, IronM17 said:

What do you think of names like Burghard, Hannes or Edeltraud?

So, you are in Washington D.C. now?

How is the weather their?

Was you at the washington monument or the Lincoln Memorial? 

1. Yeah those are some nice names, I suppose :derp:

2. Yes!

3. It’s been soooo hot :( 

4. Yeah, but I haven’t been back there since I moved here, although I saw them on my last trip here, and of course I can see the monument in the background when I’m in the city :P. I’m definitely planning to go see them at night sometime! Unfortunately the Washington Monument is closed until next spring, but as soon as it opens back up I’m gonna go all the way to the top :squee: 

• Brohoof 3

Whoa!  This is neat!  Heya Swirly!  I saw this on your original post...

On 11/27/2014 at 10:43 PM, SparklingSwirls said:

Why not? :P I don't think I'll get very many questions, but hey, it's worth a shot.

So ask me anything! :muffins:

...and I'd like to ask - how does it feel, 48 pages later, to still be getting questions?  I mean, people must find you to be pretty interesting, right?  =)

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Summer Storm said:

Whoa!  This is neat!  Heya Swirly!  I saw this on your original post...

...and I'd like to ask - how does it feel, 48 pages later, to still be getting questions?  I mean, people must find you to be pretty interesting, right?  =)

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

Hi :)

Eh well that was nearly 4 years ago xD But yeah it feels good! Though I think it’s mostly been the same people asking questions (thanks @IronM17 :P)