Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My MLP IRL Portraits (Fun with the Roger Rabbit Effect)!

Jonny Music

Other than your odd pose (what are you supposed to be doing?  Petting them?  Checking for lice?  hugging them?  Try that pose on a stuffed animal and see what you end up doing)  they look really good.

The comment in parenthesis seems harsh.  I don't know how to convey the correct tone, and I think the message is important to your artwork, so I'm keeping it as is.

(Other than ... good.) (I am petting them and making sure that their height is proportionate to my IRL height of 6' 1"). Thanks. :)

(The comment ... as is.) It's meant for those who would want to see the full detail of the photos (since they were shot and saved at a high resolution, so yeah). Yes, you're right when you said "I think the message is important to your artwork,". So no, I wasn't trying to be harsh be any means, I was only pointing out the option for the viewers who are viewing this thread/gallery. :)

Edited by Jonny Music

(Other than ... good.) I am petting them and making sure that their height is proportionate to my IRL height of 6' 1". Thanks. :)

(The comment ... as is.) It's meant for those who would want to see the full detail of the photos (since they were shot and saved at a high resolution, so yeah). Yes, you're right when you said "I think the message is important to your artwork,". So no, I wasn't trying to be harsh be any means, I was only pointing out the option for the viewers of this topic/gallery. :)

I meant my statement. 

I don't think that the angle looks right for petting, it looks like your hand is at their mane behind their heads.

I meant my statement. 

I don't think that the angle looks right for petting, it looks like your hand is at their mane behind their heads.

The "Thanks. :) " was for that statement.

As how I saw it, I personally thought it was the best place to put my hand (it's fine as is). They don't mind if I pet their heads anyway. ;)

Edited by Jonny Music

The "Thanks. :)" was for that statement.

As how I saw it, I personally thought it was the best place to put my hand (it's fine as is). They don't mind if I pet their heads anyway. ;)

I agree, but it looks like you're petting their heads where the middle of their backs are.  (too far back)  [at least to me]

This is my 6th in the series' portfolio. I decided to change up the colour of the vignette for the proper mood.

(Click on them to enlarge the photos to see the detail if you want)  :squee:

Me w/ Pinkie Pie in colour:

post-29975-0-70887300-1421427236_thumb.jpg

Me w/ Pinkie Pie in B+W:

post-29975-0-87503300-1421427235_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 10

It was very awesome. The fun you can do with photo editing.

Thank you so much! :D

Exactly! I just love editing in general. Photo and video editing are among a few of my favourite things to do. :)

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1

This is my 7th in the series' portfolio. Finally, a portrait with the remaining of the Mane 6.

(Click on them to enlarge the photos to see the detail if you want)   :squee:

Me w/ Rainbow Dash in colour:

post-29975-0-57088400-1421427311_thumb.jpg

Me w/ Rainbow Dash in B+W:

post-29975-0-42479600-1421427309_thumb.jpg

Note: For some strange reason, this song 

seems to fit RD pretty well to me. When I had the thought to do the portrait with RD, this song was playing in my head. It would be pretty cool if someone could make a PMV using this song and have RD as the "girl" from the song, don't you think? :)
Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 13

This is my 8th in the series' portfolio. Finally, a portrait with the remaining of the CMC (You'd like I'd forget her, did you?). Or isn't there another that I'm missing?

(Click on them to enlarge the photos to see the detail if you want)    :squee:

Me w/ Scootaloo in colour:

post-29975-0-54916400-1421427402_thumb.jpg

Me w/ Scootaloo in B+W:

post-29975-0-97679300-1421427401_thumb.jpg

Note: I was thinking of having the vignette (the soft frame) to match the colour of the pony that is in the frame. What do you think? Does this work? Or is it better to use only the Black or White vignettes? :)

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 6

i do like the orange you did with Scootaloo.

Rarity dose not stand out vary good with the back ground.

Yeah, I knew it would make more sense in a colourful way. :)

That was an earlier one, so I didn't have the mindset at that time to make them (the earlier portrait posts) more alive. Maybe when I finish this series portfolio, I could improve them as "remastered" versions. :)

Edited by Jonny Music

This is my 9th in the series' portfolio. Finally, a portrait with the last filly of the CMC (Special thanks to @@Drew for reminding me! It was very well appreciated. :) )

(Click on them to enlarge the photos to see the detail if you want)  :squee:

Me w/ Babs Seed in colour:

post-29975-0-83402600-1421427519_thumb.jpg

Me w/ Babs Seed in B+W:

post-29975-0-24930200-1421427519_thumb.jpg

More are a-coming. This series of photos isn't done yet. :squee:

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 3

These are still excellent; the only thing I'd do differently at all would be the B&W Pinkie Pie; her blacklines are kind of pronounced---maybe they should've been a shade of gray, instead?  Even so, these continue to be amazing! 

What'll you do next?  Show the ponies nuzzling you cheek-to-cheek?

• Brohoof 1

Who? The "He's" is not clickable, so whom are you talking about?

And besides, I am doing this a fun little project of mine. :)

Ghostfacekiller39, the greatest Rarity-worshipper here.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

These are still excellent; the only thing I'd do differently at all would be the B&W Pinkie Pie; her blacklines are kind of pronounced---maybe they should've been a shade of gray, instead?  Even so, these continue to be amazing! 

What'll you do next?  Show the ponies nuzzling you cheek-to-cheek?

(These are still ... , instead?) Thanks. :) The way how I made Pinkie Pie in B+W is what I call a work of art imo (in my opinion). Black and White Photography can be much more artistic than you think than you can with colour because you can be creative with the colour spaces (RGB (Red, Green and Blue Channels)) to get the "pop" effect you get with B+W photography.

(Even so, these continue to be amazing! ) Thanks for your compliment! :D

(What'll you ... cheek?) I could do that. But that is not in my radar right now. Thanks for the suggestion tho. :)

Edited by Jonny Music