Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv First Trailer For Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Orablanco Account

Sorry. Everyone was saying "trailer" around me and eventually I got brainwashed by that word :derp:

Nah, s'all good.

I too will wait for more information before fully judging whether or not I will want to go see it... I just think that chances are pretty good that I will want to go see it anyways. :D

Nah, s'all good.

I too will wait for more information before fully judging whether or not I will want to go see it... I just think that chances are pretty good that I will want to go see it anyways. :D

I am still not too fond of new lightsaber design. I like single blade, two lightsabers or a saber staff, but this is just too much for me :( 

But I have to say that stormtroopers look pretty great on this one. 

Oh yeah, the thing I find most intriguing is that it looks like a storm trooper is going to be a major focus of the film, so we'll be seeing a lot of stuff from the Imperial perspective.

• Brohoof 3

Oh yeah, the thing I find most intriguing is that it looks like a storm trooper is going to be a major focus of the film, so we'll be seeing a lot of stuff from the Imperial perspective.

He's being played by John Boyega, who was the lead actor in my favorite movie of 2011, Attack the Block. I was hoping he'd be one of the main-er main characters, both because he's a great talent I hope gets more roles and diversity is fun.

As for the CGI dilemma, they said they'd be using puppets and miniatures as much as they could, similar to Lord of the Rings, and while we mostly got CGI in the trailer, I'm still hoping they uphold that promise.

But I honestly don't mind CGI as much as I did anymore. Yeah, it's always better to go with practical effects whenever you can, but I found that the problem with the CGI in the prequels wasn't that there was a lot of it, but that it was soulless. In Lord of the Rings, they work to integrate the characters into the CGI as best they can, whereas the prequels just feel like people on a green screen.

• Brohoof 2

As for the CGI dilemma, they said they'd be using puppets and miniatures as much as they could, similar to Lord of the Rings, and while we mostly got CGI in the trailer, I'm still hoping they uphold that promise.

But I honestly don't mind CGI as much as I did anymore. Yeah, it's always better to go with practical effects whenever you can, but I found that the problem with the CGI in the prequels wasn't that there was a lot of it, but that it was soulless. In Lord of the Rings, they work to integrate the characters into the CGI as best they can, whereas the prequels just feel like people on a green screen.

Something to consider with the prequels and CGI was that they were really venturing into uncharted territory at the time with making a movie so heavily CGI.

At this point CGI has become a lot better and the techniques for incorporating it with live action have been refined over the years. At this point in big budget movies the only thing about CGI that looks CGI is that what you're seeing happen on screen is impossible in real life.

Oh yeah, and with the prequels it probably didn't help much that George Lucas is terrible at giving direction to actors ("Faster, more intense!") so it was kind of inevitable that the interaction between actors and CGI was going to be awkward.

Edited by Andaasonsan
  • Brohoof 4

But seriously, that's a cool lightsaber. I've always wanted to see more variation in the designs, like somebody might have a longer or shorter blade based on their fighting style.

img-3290805-1-8CLszPg.gif

I like the new lightsaber in that it reminds me of Henry Cooldown's beam katana from NMH

Nmh-henry.jpg

• Brohoof 1

It has begun...

Just a teaser, but it actually looks pretty cool, but that may be because I expected them to focus on the old characters for the trailer, and the idea that this new movie will just be a retread of the past instead of something new is what's been keeping me from getting too excited. It's still a bit reliant on imagery from the Orig Trig, but if the sole presence of the new characters here is an indication that they really will be the focus, that'd be nice.

What do you think? Excited now? Indifferent? Think this is gonna be another case of people getting too excited over the first trailer?

Meh its Disney way of making tons of cash out of a good film.

they spent like 4.5m to buy it so they want to make at least 45m from the film.

there was originally 12 star wars books, we already have the 6 which were based around luke and Obi One. The 7th is luke working at the academy and restoring the Jedi order, then from 8-12 its just the mane cast's prodigy carrying on a small feud with the remnants of the empire and sorting that out and trying to keep the peace with the rest of the Galaxy.

The film won't be good because no more CIS

Confederacy of independent Systems is the best, stupid republic. Still they have to have Droideka's in them, since they are tanks

Everyone is saying the narrator sounds like Benedict Cuberbatch, but he isn't part of the cast. Unless Abrams is trying to pull some Mystery Box bullcrap and, surprise, he's in the movie.

I think it's Andy Serkis. He can do a deep voice.

I didn't think that the narrator sounded like Benedict Cumberbatch at all.

I know his voice the minute I hear it. It's sexy. I have watched enough Sherlock and Star Trek Into Darkness to know it.

If they weren't all extinct, he'd be getting all the dragon ladies.

v1cARbo.gif

• Brohoof 1

I wonder how many times they'll break out in song during the movie...

HA HA! Disney.

Also, lightsabers shouldn't look just like swords. That ain't right.

Star wars without CIS or Droideka' isn't star wars

just a knock off of star treck

Other than the ridiculous lightsaber design(like really, that is more of liability even in skilled hands, especially in a saber lock). I thought the trailer was pretty fantastic, from the looks of it they kept the feel and look(excluding that lightsaber) of the original trilogy while making it more modernized. Though this is a teaser so I don't know how the actual film will be, but I can say it really has me excited especially after seeing the X-wings and the scene at the beginning showing the stormtrooper without his helmet(I don't like the popular opinion of stormtroopers, they aren't clones and they aren't  pushovers, they were just up against the strongest plot armor ever lol).

Well, it looks very Star Wars (considering most things featuring a X-wing and the Falcon looks Star Wars), they don't have George Lucas (I love you for starting the franchise George, but you can't write scripts) and they kept John Williams for the music. His score is probably the best thing to have come out of the prequels.

• Brohoof 2

Didn't see this first time around, I so hope you are right about that. I'd really like to have more of a perspective in the films on them, they are always shown as evil in everything other than the books and what not which is certainly not true.

Herpa-dur, can't believe I missed this thread.

It could be good. But we still have no idea what it's about. (Also, lightsabers for a guard . . . I don't know how to feel about that.)

I just hope this guy, is Revan.

Revan is not a canon character. This person may share certain similarities if you're lucky.

What I'm getting from this thread is that a lightsaber with a cross-guard is the end of the damn world.

Ditto, though if the Enterprise redesign got the ire of many classic Trek fans, it shows that subtle changes are sometimes a difficult thing to accept when first introduced to them.

I can accept that, but considering this thing is little more than a teaser, it's a bit unfair to target it. Honestly, I'm curious not only about the lightsaber itself, but the person wielding it.

So much to be interested about; if you ask me. :)

What I'm getting from this thread is that a lightsaber with a cross-guard is the end of the damn world.

We must uphold the believability of this universe full of wizards with laser swords, dogfights in space, and a moon-sized battleship that got blown up because someone believed in himself hard enough.

Star wars without CIS or Droideka' isn't star wars just a knock off of star treck

img-3292081-1-A6GWB3j.gif

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

We must uphold the believability of this universe full of wizards with laser swords, dogfights in space, and a moon-sized battleship that got blown up because someone believed in himself hard enough.

Lol

If you think about it though, it makes a lot of sense because you can deflect a light saber beam with another light saber. So it's actually functional.

• Brohoof 1

Lol

If you think about it though, it makes a lot of sense because you can deflect a light saber beam with another light saber. So it's actually functional.

I think it's an intimidation thing. That's a very Sith thing to do.

I think it's an intimidation thing. That's a very Sith thing to do.

Indeed.

Hence this awesome Lightsaber.That's the most Badass lightsaber ever. An Energy Hilt? Like C'mon! Maul's dual ended saber ain't got nothing on this. And Dooku's was in the shape of an old man cane.

Also, them black robes!

tumblr_nfrajb69P01r5b33mo5_500.gif

• Brohoof 1