Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv First Trailer For Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Orablanco Account

Even though it really shouldn't be that big a deal, it still kind of irks me, I don't care about force training and the like, it is still a liability. I at least think the emitters should be at a 45 degree angle to mitigate such a flaw, but I guess I'm just nitpicking, regardless it has me excited and I have high hopes for the film.

As long as there's no shaky cam during the lightsaber fights, dogfights or other action scenes I'll be happy.

Also for the whole CGI debate.   Actors are supposed to act scared of and or talk to this ?

Walking-Sticks_thumb.jpg

Even better, a piece of cardboard tied to a stick with the monsters face on it.

Edited by Nit Pick

Where's the little kid? Where's the cartoon rabbit getting his tongue numbed by an electrical current? This is strange. This doesn't feel like a trailer for a new Star Wars trilogy.

Edited by Jammo

As long as there's no shaky cam during the lightsaber fights, dogfights or other action scenes I'll be happy.

Also for the whole CGI debate.   Actors are supposed to act scared of and or talk to this ?

img-3292482-1-Walking-Sticks_thumb.jpg

Even better, a piece of cardboard tied to a stick with the monsters face on it.

If an actor lacks the ability to play make believe and pretend that a tennis ball on a stick is an alien, then they really don't have any business calling themselves an actor.

Meh, it looks okay. I'll be honest, I thought the trailer was a joke at first until I got to the second half of the video. To be honest, I was never really all that excited for this movie. I'll probably go see it, and enjoy it but I'm not jumping on the hype train just yet. Now, what I am excited for is that new Battlefront game. 

If an actor lacks the ability to play make believe and pretend that a tennis ball on a stick is an alien, then they really don't have any business calling themselves an actor.

Are they even shown what the creature looks like?

Are they even shown what the creature looks like?

Of course. They have concept art on standby, and they usually have the voice actor or somebody else reading off the digital character's lines if they have any.

Really, it all depends on the direction and enthusiasm of the actor. In The Return of the King, Sean Astin isn't actually fighting a giant spider, but the scene was well done enough and the acting strong enough that it never felt like he was reacting to something, as opposed to Revenge of the Sith, where General Grievous is swinging four lightsabers around Obi-Wan's face and Ewan McGregor doesn't even flinch.

• Brohoof 1

Despite my fear that Disney might have gone out of their way to male this the least bit interesting, I do admit, it was pretty good

Real life locations and new props makes it look unique, though I'm curious about the cross light saber, as it looks heavier that way

Other than that, until I see more, I'm not 100% convinced, but it looks great overall

It's gonna be a cheesy cgi fest story with Michael bay explosions and probably won't have a good story or,it's soo cheesy. Remember Disney has the right to lucasarts.

Why exactly is everyone so against Disney buying the rights to Star Wars? I mean if you can't trust them with it then who can you trust? Disney is one of the greatest companies of all time...

• Brohoof 1

I waiting to post as I wanted the moment to calm down. To me, the Star Wars Saga is and always will be my favorite franchise. No. I don't believe there is a word that described how much the films mean to me. I don't talk about it nearly enough, but Star Wars is almost inseparable from Jeric.

I do not fall for hype anymore. I trust the production company ... I trust Disney. I look at any preemptive pseudo hipster bashing of this idea is bordering on childish ignorance. You can't empirically define a movie's quality until you experience it. Basically ... eat your spinach ... you can't say you don't like it until you tried it.

This trailer! I am excited .... BEYOND MEASURE. My father took me to these films ... now I will take my teens to these.

The circle is complete!

• Brohoof 2

preemptive pseudo hipster bashing of this idea

I've never quite been able to nail down what exactly it is that is dumb about pre-emptive "this is gonna suck"s, but you've put into words what the problem is so well here.

It's possible to be excited about something while also not setting up unrealistic expectations for yourself. You don't have to go all out to the extremes of "this looks like shit" and "this is going to be the greatest thing ever!"

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen this trailer yet but, I have been hearing positive things about it from some of the youtubers I watch. Jeremy Jahns, Chris Stuckmann, Black Nerd Comedy, PaleoSteno and a few others. So, I will have to give this trailer a watch.

Over all the movie looks "okay" nothing epic like the 1's from the 80's. never the less the movie is not out yet and I for one can't say if its "good" or "bad". I'll more then likely wait for it to come out on DVD and give it a shot. 

Why exactly is everyone so against Disney buying the rights to Star Wars? I mean if you can't trust them with it then who can you trust? Disney is one of the greatest companies of all time...

People can hate George Lucas all they want, at least he was protective of Star Wars as his legacy and didn't make a movie every couple of years just for more profit. That's exactly what they plan. They also immediately dumped everything Star Wars that was in a book, comic, or video game. Stuff people have been enjoying and following for 25 years. And the final nail in the coffin, they hired Abrams, the killer of sci-fi

I like most of Disney's animated movies and I even like how they handle marvel movies(though I'm not a hardcore superhero fan, superhero stuff is built on reboots, it's not a sci-fi epic.) but they have no idea how to handle Star Wars and I hope their profits are terrible. The new books they're putting out sure aren't selling.

"'But JJ messed up Star Trek!' Yes he messed up Trek... by turning it into Star Wars. That may work for Star Wars." - NerdCubed

He messed it up by needing to have his own version of it. The same is happening with Star Wars.

It's gonna be a cheesy cgi fest story with Michael bay explosions and probably won't have a good story or,it's soo cheesy. Remember Disney has the right to lucasarts.

I never got the argument that something was gonna suck just because Disney made it. We all know full well they are capable of making perfectly good movies.   Y'know what else Disney made?

I don't know where you heard about Disney making The Force Awakens. Disney owns the rights to Star Wars, but they didn't make The Force Awakens. J.J. Abrams made it. That's kind of like saying EA made Mass Effect.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know where you heard about Disney making The Force Awakens. Disney owns the rights to Star Wars, but they didn't make The Force Awakens. J.J. Abrams made it. That's kind of like saying EA made Mass Effect.

"Made it" in this case being the short term for "everybody is afraid Mickey Mouse is gonna pop up in Star Wars because Disney is producing it and people forgot that Disney already produced a movie where a kid was hung for being associated with pirates and another where the bad guy's henchmen were wounded American soldiers who were turned into suicide bombers by accident."