Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv List the children's/toddler's shows that you like and the ones that you don't.

CC_Maud_Pie

(edited)

Good Childrens Shows I like:

Sesame Street(Rubber Ducky, your the one).

Pingu(NOOT NOOT!!! or in my case NUG NUG!!!).

Cult Classic Shows like Trumpton, Astro Farm, Thomas the Tank Engine and Rainbow(I'm British).

The Animals of Farthing Wood, It was quite similar to Watership Down in some ways, it was basically Game Of Thrones with Animals, as they periodically get eliminated by dying. I used to collect vhs in volumes, because it was related to BBC Nature and they wanted it to be collected.

Redwall, The true Game Of Thrones with animals, made in an Elder Scrolls like universe, it's the inspiration for my acquiantance Kendo Virmir and Crimson Flag, which is in the same universe as Metamor Keep.

Katie Morag(She's a welsh girl who has some social issues).

Roary the Racing Car.

Shows that I hate.

Teletubbies, ugh, they are just so fat and lazy, and drink millions of gallons of tubby custard and millions of tons of Tubby Toast. No wonder they haven't suffered from cardiac arrest yet.

Peppa Pig, she's such an annoying brat and will ask her parents anything. Plus George always sounds like he says the world Inadvertently. She also has annoying oinking. She is literally a fat pig. Her Parents never discipline her.

Barney the Dinosaur, he never teaches children how to deal in emotional situations like Sesame Street, and is just so sappy.

Katie Morag is Scottish, not Welsh.

I have also been watching Mister Roger's Neighborhood - I wish it aired in the UK.

Sooty is also a good show, the new series of it is also amazing (and they kept the puppets and are making a movie)

Edited by BeanoMaster

Kids Shows that I like:

-Arthur (It was good until they changed the animation)

-Sesame Street (My childhood favorites)

-Oswald

-Standley

-Reading Rainbow

Kids Shows that I hate:

-Caillou (He whines a lot! *Ears start to bleed*)

-Barney (Barney used to scare me asa kid, even my parents hate it)

-Dora the Explorer (I used to like it as a kid)

• Brohoof 1

I also liked the backyardigans . Barney halve me nightmares .. Whoever created that was high on drugs and needs to be shot now !

Whoa there! That's a bit harsh. But I agree, Barney was creepy to say the least. Not just Barney, but the show itself was creepy.

(edited)

Katie Morag is Scottish, not Welsh.

I have also been watching Mister Roger's Neighborhood - I wish it aired in the UK.

Sooty is also a good show, the new series of it is also amazing (and they kept the puppets and are making a movie)

Oops, the problem is, she talks Gaelic, and her name sounds Welsh. Only evidence she's scottish is she's ginger. Sooty is amazing, Nicko McBrain from my favourite band Iron Maiden is such a big fan of him!!! He was even on the show!!! 

Still. I liked Farthing Wood as it was like Game of Thrones with animals as they periodically die. Unfortunately. most harrowing was the death of Bold who literally starved and injured himself on the way to a city and back, think Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3 if he didn't heal his injuries.

Edited by ScarfaceOne
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Thomas the tank engine

Bubble guppies

Wow wow wubbzy

Barney

Arthur 

Cyberchase

Martha speaks 

little einsteins

Backyardians 

Blue clues 

Carebears 

Bob the builder

Mac and Ruby 

Little bill 

Arthur is one of the greatest shows ever made. Sure, it a kid's show, but it's downright sophisticated. As much as I love FiM, it is no where near Arthur.

Teletubbies is made for actual babies, there simply isn't anything in it to appeal to older audiences. That being said, as an adult their world is oddly compelling. Who are the Teletubbies and where did they come from? Who created their high tech dome beneath the grass and the benevolent noo-noo, and stocks it with food? Why is the sun a baby? This questions fascinate, and their answers we'll never know. 

I always loved Cyber Chase. Not only is it just fun, but the math concepts it teaches can get surprisingly advanced. One episode that I'll never forget is the one where they solved Nim using dragons, it's revelations like that that completely change your view on the world. I want something that approaches higher math in the same manner cyber chase did, it may even be more appropriate because it's much more conceptual and less about calculations. Of all kids shows I can think it's probably the most comparable to the first season of Friendship is Magic in terms of complexity and educational value. 

There was several other shows I remember liking like Animalia and Sagwa, but they faded into obscurity. I remember I used to like Dragon Tales and then arbitrarily decided I hated it because I was too old for it because it had bad morals like using the monkey bars or something stupid like that even though Cassie was my fav. More recently I saw an episode in Sunday School of all places, and I found I was needlessly harsh on it, I was a real jerk as a child (and probably still am :P). I also recall liking Clifford, has that faded into obscurity? Don't know anything about the newer children's shows because kids these days just watch trash on youtube, and it's kinda sad. I know because I have younger siblings, the youngest of which is not quite a teenager yet. 

Finally, I recall that I skipped pre-school in order to watch Zoboomafoo and that is my greatest regret, and I just recently learned that the lemur is both real AND fake, which is how they managed to bamboozle me as a kid.  

Those types of shows aren't generally really my thing. :adorkable: Rainbow Fish is alright, though. Mostly for nostalgic reasons, but I think it's a pretty relaxing show with good voice acting and the characters are nice. :)

• Brohoof 2

Barney was my jam back in the day. Still have the magical hats book my parents read to me. So was Wishbone, the live action adventures of a Jack Russel terrier who'd reenact famous literature and find parallels between the story and his owners life. I'd sit down and chill out with those between my viewings of Batman and Beast Wars. Arthur was pretty rad. Wasn't too much into Mr. Rogers or Reading Rainbow, but I respect them more as I've gotten older. 

Does Scooby Doo, Looney Toons and Tom & Jerry count as children's shows? 

I like:

Strawberry Shortcake,

Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood,

Angelina Ballerina,

Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse (technically an online micro-series),

Lazytown,

Peter Rabbit.

I dislike:

Barney and Friends,

Bubbleguppies,

Arthur,

Bob the Builder,

Elena of Avalon.

Blues Clues

Cyberchase

Magic School Bus (the original one, not the reboot)

Dislikes

Teletubbies

Peppa Pig

Barney the Dinosaur

Caillou

My Little Pony G3.5 (Trust me, it's horrific)

Jay Jay the Jetplane (Just look it up, it's disturbing)

I like:

Rugrats

The Loud House

Invader Zim

The Fairly Oddparents

PAW Patrol

Phineas and Ferb

Recess

Lilo and Stitch: The Series

Johnny Bravo

Chowder

Regular Show

Freakazoid!

The Lion Guard

Sheriff Callie's Wild West

Badanamu

I dont care for:

Thomas the Train

Dora the Explorer

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Im basing this list on somewhat educational cartoons or cartoons a toddler could watch since it asked for toddler shows. Plus i refuse to believe Rocko's Moderns life was for toddlers and kids.

Shows I love:

1. Little Bear - good soothing music, not too cartoony talking animals, not too much goo goo gah gah talk.
  2. Franklin - Loved it just because i had all of Franklins learning supplements
  3. Thomas and Friends- even though the faces creeped me out, i still liked how i could follow along with the story and feel smart
  4. The Big Comfy Couch - Hate clowns, but this works somehow.
  5. Mister Roger's Neighbourhood - No explanation needed
  6. MAGIC SCHOOL BUS- Airhorns here please, cause Ms. Frizzle was the only 'teacher' who made science fun.
  7. Blues Clue - dont even pretend you didnt try to skadoo into a painting.
  8. Reading Rainbow - BUTTERFLIES IN THE SKYYYYY~

Shows I loathe:

1. Dora the Explorer - super racist
  2. Barney - GO LOVE SOMEONE ELSE
  3. Teletubbies - 40 year old dudes playing babies? Even at 6 years old i knew that was strange.
  4. Rollie Pollie Ollie- this was hard, i liked half the show. The baby ruined it for me..speaking of
  5. Rugrats- I just hate babies. theyre gross souless animals. Animal babies are cuter than human ones and theyre better behaved.

now these are toddlers shows. Im hesitant to list actual cartoons because im biased.

The ones I like are:

Sofia the First,

Barbie (Life in the Dreamhouse, Dreamhouse Adventures and Dreamtopia),

Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, :wub:

Sheriff Callie's Wild West,

Monsters vs Aliens: The Series,

Tiny Toon Adventures,

Peter Rabbit,

MLP. :muffins:

The ones I'd flush: 

Barney, :crackle:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,

Teletubbies,

Thomas the Tank Engine,

Arthur.

Too many others to mention really.

(edited)

Like: my little pony

Dislike(indifferent is more fitting):the rest

That said.i watch and like many children's movies so maybe its just the 'series' format i don't care for.

Also some of the anime i watched and liked may count as children shows

Edited by Lord Valtasar

Reread OP. Disregard my last post. Too many TV-7+ shows listed.

I mostly like what my 2y/o daughter watches with me :)

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Chi's Sweet Home

Badanamu

Phineas and Ferb

True and the Rainbow Kingdom

Yo-Kai Watch

VeggieTales

Sesame Street

Bubble Guppies

PAW Patrol

Peppa Pig

I dont like:

Dora or Calliou

• 10 months later...
(edited)

Dora the Explorer not only is my favorite childhood show and favorite Preschool show it was also my favorite show before Mlp came and it’s still in the top 5. 

Spongebob- first 4 seasons are fantastic but after that show just got stale.

Blues clues- 2nd best nick jr 

Ni Hao kia lan very good show that teaches Chinese

Phineas and Ferb 

The Fairly odd parents 

Wow wow Wubzzy

The backyardigans 

Arthur 

The Loud house 

Star vs the forces of evil 

Gumball 

Sofia the first

Steven Universe 

Go Diego go 

Shimmer and shine 

Bubble guppies 

Jake and the neverland pirates 

Tom and jerry 

johnny test 

Team Umizoomi 

The wonder pets 

dislikes 

Paw patrol

Cauillou 

Barney  

peppa pig 

Littlest pet shop 

Adventure time 

Gravity falls 

Teen titans go 

Doc mucstuffins 

Mickey Mouse clubhouse 

Yo gabba Gabba 

We bare bears

Edited by Twilight and Starlight

(edited)

Like:

My Little Pony(duh)

Blues Clues(The sixth season is awesome!)

Paw Patrol

PJ Masks

Sort-of-kind-of Steven Universe(I really only watched episodes with Peridot)

Littlest Pet Shop, or what I've watched of it(I only remember the fourth episode because I watched about 4 episodes and then my mom banned me from watching it)

Barney(Yes, I do like it)

Veggie Tales

Sesame Street

The Magic School Bus(Who thought the Magic School Bus Rides Again was a good idea?!)

Not sure if these count, but:

Rubberdubbers

Dragon Tales

Clifford(Both the Big Red Dog and Puppy Days)

Wiggles

Kipper

Used to like, but now am indifferent to:

Angelina Ballerina

Dora the explorer

Thomas the Tank Engine

Bob the Builder

Hate:

Spongebob

Edited by Dawn-Sunlight

shows i remember i liked:

- The Koala Brothers