Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Believe in Paranormal Activities

An Unknown Pony.

I have managed to dodge all those kind of things and events my whole life it seems. Day and night. And I live in really old city, with really old buildings, in a really old building. And lived in a building older than the establishment of United States even. And never a ghost!

Not that I fully exclude the possibility, it never just has been demonstrated in ways that are conclusive evidence and personal anecdotes and testimonies do not really hold water, of course I always hear them out because maybe some day someone has some actual proof to show to support their testimonies :toldya:

Yeah, I've only had one encounter so far, but it was by chance. I was going to get my friends and try to investigate somewhere, but we don't have the money or equipment for that.

Yes, for sure. We don't know everything in this world, and why can't ghosts be real? 

My Dad has had a few experiences, for instance he was in this really old pub and out of nowhere he was jabbed in the shoulder twice, and he was the only one nearby. That was recently, actually.  

I've apparently seen a ghost before as well, although I cannot remember it. I asked my dad what this "funny looking man was doing" whilst we were at an old hotel. Needless to say, he couldn't see anyone. I was only 4, so I could have been imagining it, but it's still creepy.

When I was 8, my friend and I pretended to be ghost hunters. One day, in my basement, I saw a large, purple, rat-like creature hanging down from the ceiling. I told my friend, and he thought it was a part of the game. We went and got my camera, and started recording. We were holding my brother's electric tuner, which was all over the place, never giving a consistent reading. At this point, we were terrified. We were walking slowly towards the open door, and right before we got there, my brother jumped out from behind the door and knocked us both down. We ran away, and thought it was a ghost. Other than that, I have not had any paranormal encounters.

Yes. I've seen orbs in the middle of the night before, and have had other weird things happen too. Now, what's interesting is now the things I've seen or felt, but what's associated with them. I'm not going to go into detail, but I will say this. Some tell me my experiences have been guardian angels, or spirit related. Some tell me it's demons. I don't know what the hell I'm seeing, but I do know there's more to life than meets the eye. That's for sure. 

Not anymore as everyone story/video/photo I've heard of someone describing a supernatural experience ends up being debunked and proved to be a hoax. Every. Single. One.

Nope. I've never seen something like that, so I don't believe. When human is stressed something or tired, brain can create hallucinations. So, I think, that's why some people see things or people, which don't exist in real world.

• Brohoof 1

Not to be a spoil sport but I'm one of those guys who won't believe in stuff like that until I actually have some sort of encounter. Of course I don't doubt that its possible, I just don't see it yet.

Edited by Fantasma Phantasm
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really believe in the word "Paranormal". Paranormal means that it isn't natural, and thus that it doesn't exist. So even if ghosts are real, they will be "normal".

Anyway, enough of me being a smart-ass (Sorry for that :) )

I don't really believe in the so called "Paranormal" but I'm also not denying it's possibility. However, I do believe that people should be aware that the truly awesome and big stuff will MOST CERTAINLY be different from what people think they are.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really believe in the word "Paranormal". Paranormal means that it isn't natural, and thus that it doesn't exist. So even if ghosts are real, they will be "normal".

Anyway, enough of me being a smart-ass (Sorry for that :) )

I don't really believe in the so called "Paranormal" but I'm also not denying it's possibility. However, I do believe that people should be aware that the truly awesome and big stuff will MOST CERTAINLY be different from what people think they are.

I am glad your at least being open minded about it. I use the word 'Supernatural' more than 'Paranormal'. The thing is the power of the spirit world is a very real for me. I in fact explore the world almost everyday, in thought anyway. Looking for answers will be hard but my special abilities does make it slightly easier, though there will be things that are far beyond even our comprehension. It is understandable that people will not believe in such things. It is commonly because they refuse to believe in another world due to fear of the unknown or due to religion, *cough* Scientology *cough*, telling them there is no such thing.

• Brohoof 1

I don't exactly believe in it, but at the same time I'm reluctant to say that occurences like these have never happened or never will. I'm just not comfortable with the idea that we know everything that goes on in the world and everything that could never be, so maybe I'm just being an irritating little skeptic :/ That being said, I'm leaning more towards 'non-belief' than I am towards 'belief', since I'd rather trust something through my own senses rather than a stranger's account.

inb4 tempting fate

• Brohoof 2

I belive in God. Does it count?

Yes. Simply because a lot of people believe in god, doesn't mean it isn't believing in the supernatural :) In the end, God is everything from what we see in our daily lives, nor is it something that we can explain with our current knowledge of science.

(Also, the holy trinity names "The holy ghost" so yeah) 

• Brohoof 1

The thing is the power of the spirit world is a very real for me. I in fact explore the world almost everyday, in thought anyway.

How do you know it's a different world and not your own mind and imagination?

How do you know it's a different world and not your own mind and imagination?

Well the difference between what you are thinking I'm referring too and what I mean is that I use meditation to commune. What you maybe saying is that I'm just thinking something is there that is not. I assure you, spirits are nowhere close to imaginary friends. They have a presence and their world is how they are walk among us. Where they exist is not too far from our own world, just only a thin, unseen, veil between us and them is what separates us. It's rather hard to explain but knowing that it is there requires an experience with such beings and their world. I cannot force you to understand but suggest you give it a chance, maybe you may find things you may need answers for which may only belie you in the spirit world.

I'd love to!  :pinkie:

Thank you for showing interest.  :rarity:

Back when I was around 10, I lived in a rather large house. Much bigger then my current one.  I never really had the best vibes from the house, but it wasn't my choice to decide just to move out. The first thing that happened was when I was in bed with my door cracked.  I saw a tall black figure walk in front of the door. No one was awake, so I basically stayed up all night scared out of my skin.  This is when I knew spirits were real.  I could feel the presence of something else in the house for sure. I always felt uncomfortable in the house, but even more so after I saw what I saw.  A few weeks later, my older brother told me at breakfast that he always sleeps with his door shut and locked, and never wakes up in the night.  He told me that the other night he woke up for no reason and had a feeling to check his door.  It was open, but still locked. I could not go back to sleep the following night, nor could I keep the haunted feeling away that something was in this house with me besides my family. I fell asleep finally, and the next morning all was well. The night after the report from my brother, I was in my bathroom getting ready to go to bed. I was brushing my teeth when I noticed something in the corner of my eye. I looked up and in a mirror, for a brief second I saw a hand-like shape reaching for my shoulder.  My other bother (the same age as me) was with me at the time, and saw the same thing. We talked it over, and I explained to him what I saw previously. My mother told me that it was alright, and everything was fine.  I went to my bed and was getting ready to fall asleep when I felt that terrible feeling of being watched again.  I opened my eyes to see a face staring at me from the end of my bed.  It was there for only a second, but I clearly saw a face.  I was terribly disturbed, and decided to spend the night in my brothers room because I had to go to bed.  We moved out of the house shortly after my experiences, and all was well.  Though I did get strong vibes from a haunted hospital a few years later.

I've luckily had no more experiences with ghosts since that house.

Well it does sound like quite a interesting experience to say the least. From what I read, it could be either one of two ways. It maybe that you were dealing with negative entities or maybe just spirits of previous owners that wish to communicate. If you could specify the type of shadow figure, I can help you discern if it was evil or not. Evil shadow figures tend to have deformities and in rare occurrences even glowing red eyes have been seen. If the shadow figure isn't deformed but shows features of a human body, chances are that it maybe just a spirit that hasn't found it's way to it's rest. Homes can sometimes be very active and the common misconception is that it's always in abandoned homes or otherwise condemned locations. This is not always true.

other various causes such as rain can block out the activity.

Actually thunderstorms and rain storms, more often then not, ramp up the spiritual activity. The power of water is a element that fuels spirits as they are electromagnetic beings that can, with enough power, take a more physical state to show themselves.

I personally have not had any kind of experience whatsoever with that, so basically no I do not believe in that stuff. I know that everyone says that they have experienced that stuff, but I never have, and I could guess that it has to do with the mind, but I dunno. I really honestly don't know, if I expirience something like that I might believe it, but I would still be skeptical, I mean there could be tons of reasons you guys experience that stuff, but I dunno. I still await when I do, but until then, I don't believe in that stuff and yeah.

(I spelled skeptical wrong, thanks. xD)

I personally have not had any kind of experience whatsoever with that, so basically no I do not believe in that stuff. I know that everyone says that they have experienced that stuff, but I never have, and I could guess that it has to do with the mind, but I dunno. I really honestly don't know, if I expirience something like that I might believe it, but I would still be spectacle, I mean there could be tons of reasons you guys experience that stuff, but I dunno. I still await when I do, but until then, I don't believe in that stuff and yeah.

It's not a big deal. Skepticism is not a bad thing as it does help discern fake from real when it comes to spirits. There are things the even skeptics cannot explain and that is where there are skeptical believers. Such people do exist. In fact a good friend of the Ghost Adventures crew, Bill Chapel (God I hope that's the name, I'll feel like an idiot otherwise) is a skeptical believer. He uses technology which helps commune with the unseen.

• Brohoof 1

It's not a big deal. Skepticism is not a bad thing as it does help discern fake from real when it comes to spirits. There are things the even skeptics cannot explain and that is where there are skeptical believers. Such people do exist. In fact a good friend of the Ghost Adventures crew, Bill Chapel (God I hope that's the name, I'll feel like an idiot otherwise) is a skeptical believer. He uses technology which helps commune with the unseen.

Well where I stand is I just dunno mainly, I mean if so many people have had experiences, I mean there might be something, I myself just haven't experienced anything like that. I might in my life, I might never, I dunno. But I really don't want to, it might be freaky or something. xD But yeah, that is just where I stand, is more I just dunno. I've had KIND of an experience, but it was over a call so I dunno if it was real or not. xD

Well where I stand is I just dunno mainly, I mean if so many people have had experiences, I mean there might be something, I myself just haven't experienced anything like that. I might in my life, I might never, I dunno. But I really don't want to, it might be freaky or something. xD But yeah, that is just where I stand, is more I just dunno. I've had KIND of an experience, but it was over a call so I dunno if it was real or not. xD

Well, some people will never have experiences in their life. That'll happen. As for the cell phone thing, that's a tough one. It could be possible that a solar flare was messing up cellphone communication, so it's tricky to know if it's a spirit or not.

I assure you, spirits are nowhere close to imaginary friends. They have a presence and their world is how they are walk among us.

Can you give me a coherant definition of a "spirit" and show some evidence for their existence?

Where they exist is not too far from our own world, just only a thin, unseen, veil between us and them is what separates us.

What are you talking about? Another plane of existence? I need some more explaination.

It's rather hard to explain but knowing that it is there requires an experience with such beings and their world

Expeirence and memory can be faulty. Humans don't play their memory back like a tape, memory is reconstructed and subject to our biases, opinions, etc.

How do you know that your experience was actually paranormal and not just your imagination?

Do I believe in it? Yes, based on my own experience, and stories told by people that I don't believe were lying.

Have I experienced it? Yes, a few times.

Human shadows moving around me that weren't being cast by anything, lights and appliances turning themselves on and off in ways that should have been impossible, things dissappearing and then reappearing weeks or months later in places that had been searched multiple times... plus a few things that may or may not have been figments of my imagination.