Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Clop debate (wait, what?) and new emoticons

Nohbdy

We now have a dedicated clop discussion thread (read carefully)
Wait, the staff, of all people, are creating a clop discussion thread? Quick, someone check if pigs are flying! Yep, that's right. The kind folks from our Beyond Equestria team have volunteered to host a staff-run clop discussion thread. But, you may be asking, why on earth would anyone let this happen?

Gather around, my little ponies, for I shall tell you a story . . . .

Once upon a time, MLP Forums allowed clop discussion. It did not end well.

Or was that the ending? Now that we have a dedicated team of proactive moderators and a set of new policies and tools at our disposal, perhaps it's time to perform some necromancy on a dead concept. We know that clop has the potential for genuine discussion, and it's definitely a popular topic for discussion. Well, we heard you, and we're bringing it back with some tweaks and adjustments.

So, what does this all mean? It means the following:

• This thread is the only such topic allowed on the site. Clop discussion is still banned on a general level; this is the one and only place you are permitted to discuss it.
  • All rules still apply. No exceptions.
  • There exists a safe haven for genuine discussion on the topic; those who attempt to sabotage it will be dealt with severely.

That last point is something I wish to emphasize. MLP Forums, as the name implies, is a community based on discussion. Discussion is, quite literally, its raison d’être--reason for being. So where am I going with this? Simple: our goal is to protect discussion, not to ban it. If we can salvage a thread, we'll do that. If not, we'll try to give the topic more chances in the future. If that doesn't work, we'll ban the topic until we have the means of maintaining productive discussion.

Long story short, it's all to benefit the community. Because our mission is centered around providing our members with the best experience possible, we do things that are best for the community rather than what's easiest for us--even if those actions are initially unpopular.

Anyway, here's the thread. Use it wisely.

New emoticons
Some of you may have noticed them already, but we now have twelve new holiday emoticons, courtesy of the talented @Obsidian Sky. It's your reward for making such phenomenal progress in our charity fundraiser!

They are as follows:

8yas2o1.png

Lf5yYUF.png

Some (or all, depending on a number of factors) may remain after the holiday season. Either way, it's our hope that you enjoy them!

• Brohoof 30

I love the new emoticons. Especially the Twilight ones. Pwease keep those after the holidays? :please:

And let's hope this new clop thread stays peaceful and people keep a level head. :adorkable: :twilight:  :adorkable:  :twilight:

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

This Will NOT End Well.  Then again, nothing else in my life ever has, why should this be an exception? ;)

As Applejack would say, "Oh, come on, that's just stinkin' thinkin'!"

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

So, can I post glorious Flutterbutt? :blush: (I'm thinking not, but worth mentioning I think.)

Text only discussion I'm guessing.

As stated in the OP, the rules still apply. If you can't post something elsewhere in the forums, you can't post it in the thread. Pictures are allowed, but again, they need to follow the rules.

• Brohoof 4

The idea of having a clop discussion thread has been a hot topic amongst the moderation and administration staff for the past several weeks now. Ultimately, the success of this thread (and perhaps this topic of discussion on MLPF) will lay upon the shoulders of you, the community.

Its our hope that people can be civil, mature and respect the rules put forth by the thread (and the site). We know you're capable of it. :)

:dash:  <-- This is the best emoticon on the forum now. No contest.

• Brohoof 5

Clop discussions, really ???

I do not like this idea but if it works, why not ?

However, I am pretty sure there are more appropriate websites for discussing clopping.

As a general rule, official threads are the way to go for discussing controversial topics. However, I am pretty sure this one is going to slip.

EDIT: Someone quoted this post, and yet, it is nowhere to be seen. I wonder what he/she had to say about my comment.

Edited by boiteporte
  • Brohoof 2

:icwudt:  :bedeyes:

This two emoticons made my day  :bedeyes:

:dash:  <-- This is the best emoticon on the forum now. No contest.

Forgive me if I disagree with you :bedeyes:

Edited by The Snowy Lightwing
  • Brohoof 4

Clop discussions, eh?  Who are you and what have you done with Aquila?  :wau:

I will say that emoticons have come a long way here.  I remember the good old days when the only Applejack avatar was this:  :ph34r:

So...are the Santa Hat ponies just for the holidays or are they here to stay?  :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 2

It'd probably be a good idea to add the fact that an official clop thread exists and its rules to the global rules. And to change the FAQ about NSFW. I know, this won't necessarily reduce the future amount of locked "SFW" NSFW discussion threads, but this way you can always say "It's actually in the rules." if anyone posts such a topic and asks why it was closed. Contradictions in rules and actions are not that ... um, good.

Enough seriousness! Love the Christmas emotes, especially this one: :bedeyes: (Hey, wait, that's the suggestive one, isn't it? Damn ...)